Dr. Robert Debernardo MD Patient Reviews

• 12 reviews

July 30th, 2016
A1 Doctor
Very knowledgeable and experienced in his field. I feel very confident in him to be my healthcare provider.

July 19th, 2016
The doctor and staff are wonderful. The best decision I ever made...

January 5th, 2016
In my opion there is no other doctor in Ohio better than Dr D.
Great! Great! Great ! Exceptional Great!

April 24th, 2015
Very kind,caring, compassionate Dr. Excellent surgeon. Wonderful office staff!!

March 28th, 2015
The best gynecological oncologist ever! Compassionate, caring, knowledgeable, humorous, logical Dr. at Cleveland Clinic. Tara Dudash, his N.P. is on par with Dr. D. as is Jessica, my chemo nurse. A+++++++++

August 20th, 2013
GET A SECOND OPINION !!!
GET A SECOND OPINION !!! My outcome would have been better if he had done his due diligence!! Dr. Debernardo did not do another ultrasound, which was warranted. He did a manual exam and said my ovary was double it's size! The next day in surgery he removed a perfectly healthy ovary in size and color. Even the pathologist's report said it looked normal. He also took out a fallopian tube from my other side that was not on the consent form and there was nothing wrong with! After surgery, he never came to speak to my husband or me, but one of his residents came and told me I had cancer that was more extensive than thought so they removed my uterus and ovary. The resident was totally wrong! They did not remove my uterus and I did not have cancer! When I told him about that, he said that sometimes residents say things, oh well. Because he removed my only ovary, I was put into surgical menopause and can no longer have children. At my post-op appointment he was very cavalier and said that I really didn't need it and to ask my OB/Gyn for hormone replacement if I want it. Good surgeons do not remove healthy organs! GET A SECOND OPINION !!!

January 9th, 2012
Talented, compassionate physician and team
He's simply the best! Dr. DeBernardo is always concerned about quality of life and encourages patient knowledge and involvement. Aggressive when appropriate, with both a scientific and an intuitive approach.

September 24th, 2011
We need more doctors like him.
I can not say enough good things about this doctor and his staff.

August 8th, 2010
wonderrul
I was referred to Dr DeBernardo by my gynocologist. He is the most wonderful Dr. So very caring, gentle, patient, knowledgable. I was VERY comfortable with him and his advise. I would absolutely reccommend him to friends, family, ect. He is just wonderdful.

June 22nd, 2010
He treats cancer
Dr. Debernardo is a cancer physicican--he gets rid of cancer. The previous reviewer tells nothing of him getting rid of her CANCER--she is STILL ALIVE so HE got rid of her cancer. To get on the internet and slam a physician because she has after effects of CANCER treatment when she is alive is not RIGHT.I'm cancer free due to Dr. Debernardo and have been for three years--it changed my life. Do I still have stiffness & soreness due to the extensive surgerie--YES--I thank God Dr. Debernardo is here and SO SHOULD SHE.

May 22nd, 2010
AVOID THIS DOCTOR!
This doctor literally destroyed my body and the way I used to enjoy living my life. Not only did he "forget" that he promised me a lower abdominal incision and cut me from my belly button to my crotch, but he also left me in the lithotomy position for 5 hours which damaged my femoral nerve. (Apparently you shouldn't be in that position for more than an hour.) Because the nerve stopped sending messages to my leg muscles correctly, my muscles atrophied in spite of intensive physical therapy. I had to wear a leg brace for years and have permanently used a cane or walker since his surgery (four years ago.) I can't do the things I most enjoyed- gardening, walking, canoeing and kayaking. I've also been in constant pain since the surgery in spite of great pain management physicians, treatments, and medications. I ended up with sciatica- and it's not the minor issue he said the risk of it was- it's searing pain that makes it impossible to sit down at all for weeks at a time. I have a special seat for the car so that I can drive when it flares up - it's a PERMANENT persistent searing pain that only abates with spinal injections from a pain management person. Somehow I also ended up with numerous herniated discs in my spine after the surgery. Between my back and my leg problems, things got so bad that I could only "walk" by sliding each foot along the ground for about 6" and I had to lift my leg in and out of the car and bed with my hands during my worst year. If I don't do physical therapy for at least an hour a day, I lose ground, my pain increases, my limp worsens, and I'm even more limited in the things I can do. My body and life will never be the same. I'm always in some degree of pain and it's always hard to sleep because of the pain. It's been four years of treatment and therapy, and it's still hard to get on and off toilets, in and out of chairs, bed, and the car, and I'm still limited in how long I can stand or do anything. I've had great therapists and doctors trying to help me recover, heal, and learn to live a different life than I used to live, but I wish more than anything that I'd never met Dr. DeBernardo. Don't take the risk that comes with this doctor or your body and life might be damaged the way mine was.

February 13th, 2009
Thanks to Dr. DeBernardo
So far, I am alive 2 years beyond expectations, thanks to my very talented doctor and his dedicated staff.