Dr. Robert Dominguez MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

April 20th, 2014
If I could only give a 1 star review
I can definitely say what is most memorable because I have the scar to prove it/ remember it by no matter how bad my memory has become. I am very embarrassed by it as well. I was young many years ago and I had tripped and fallen and my arm went through a glass in the french style door at home. I had cut open my arm and some of my hand was cut. My father took me to the ER right away. Blood was practically pouring out of my arm again my hand not as bad as my arm. I had a huge gash and it was deep, wide and long. It took awhile for him to come in, but by the time he did another man came in and was in the bed beside me. His injuries not as bad as mine (as I was losing blood from my arm and it was painful). Again, he came in after me. This doctor went over to him to help him. The guy even said, go take care of her first. The doctor mad, was not going to and stayed with this guy. My father said something to him about me and he was upset. The guy again said go take care of her, mine can wait, she is worse. So the doctor was all ticked off and came over to take care of me treating me like crap. When going to stitch up my arm, he did NOT clean it out! He did NOT numb it hardly at all! He left the glass in there!!! He also in a hurry and being mad, barely stitched it up! He barely stitched my hand up as well. It was the worst stitch job ever! Long story short, I was too young to sue for malpractice, and I have no idea why, but my parents were at the time always against it. However a complaint was made and hardly anything done, but the doctor who looked at what job he did on my arm did agree that there was not nearly enough stitches used on it. I now have this HUGE ugly scar that is long, wide and deep, that should not be there! It is an embarrassment! I have to live with this and people asking me about it or staring or talking about me. I wear long sleeves a lot of the times when I can - I hate summer time because I have to wear short sleeves and let this be shown. I am around 40 now and all these years it has caused me anguish and tears! I have cried a lot. Guys would be grossed out by it and I always got asked about it. This should not look the way it does. I was offered plastic surgery on it so to speak but at my own cost - out of my own pocket! I should have never had to pay for it to be revised! The hospital should have! That doctor should have! I am going to go to my grave with this ugly disgusting scar and knowing that nothing was done about it and it was all this doctors fault. Since that day years later I have seen him in the ER a time or 2 and my son did as well. One time I do not think he remembered me and was half decent, but not well enough. The other times he was rude and again took his time. I think he had remembered...especially when he looked down and saw my arm! I am old enough now in my 40's that I can review, even though it happened so long ago. I wish I would have been able to sue him at my age back then because I would have...so I could have had it fixed. The tears are flowing as I think of it and look at it at times. I was told by another doctor at the hospital that the glass would eventually work its way out. I do not know if it has but I do know at times, that I have very bad pain in that area and going up my arm and I do not know if it is from that or just coincidental.