inactive

• Neurology Norman, OK

• Good
  • Bad

February 25th, 2014
Needs course on social skills
He wasn't a mean man, per say, but when I would remark certain things he would shoot back sharply in disagreement in a scolding sort of way. He seems to be socially inept but as a doctor that is not a skill you can afford to have. He should be more compassionate and have a better sense of what "listening" is before he makes sharp comments without letting you fully explain something. Not super impressed. I'd go elsewhere.

January 13th, 2014
Working Through It All
Having been diagnosed with migraines at the age of eight and suffering through them until 24, I had a lot of experience with the physical and mental anguish frequent migraines brought. I am also one of those people that do a lot of independent research and I'm not afraid to try holistic/alternative approaches. After years of doing this, I finally went to see my general practitioner and was recommended to Dr. Dow. The initial interview went rather well and, once he understood what I knew of migraines, he spoke to me in a more technical way, which I appreciate. Many doctors have treated me as if I didn't know what I was talking about, but Dr. Dow seemed to appreciate that I had done research previously. He prescribed me medicine and, honestly, it's a trial and error approach to finding which medicine works with an individual body, so it was not surprising the medication did not suit me. Here we are, about a half year later, and he is still working with me to figure out which medication works for me. I have tried several medications. He never makes it seem like the appointment is a waste of time and is thoughtful throughout. He tells me the key side effects and what I need to know before picking up the medication. When I call his office with questions/concerns, the staff (mainly Vanessa) is always incredibly courteous and professional. I have never had to wait an extended period of time for a response.

December 4th, 2013
HORRIBLE Doctor
This was the worst doctor I have ever seen. Spent 5 minutes with me and proceed to tell me all my symptoms were due to anxiety and in my head. He didn't even go over my abnormal MRI results or try to explain anything. I left he office in tears. WORST experience ever.

May 24th, 2013
Horrible bedside manner. Accused of making up problems because I knew the condiditon of my back. Therefore numbness of most of my body is in my head.

October 1st, 2012
ZERO bedside manner!!!!!
Spent little to no time with me and had me diagnosed as, "it's all in my head!"Would NOT recommend him and will NOT be going back!

January 11th, 2016