A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Dowling:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Dowling is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Dowling
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Dowling Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Dowling, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Heart Surgery (Cardiovascular Surgical Procedures)
- Heart Transplantation
- Heart-Lung Transplantation
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Transplantation
- Mediastinum Cancer (Mediastinal Neoplasm)
Education & Awards
Dr. Dowling graduated from University of Pittsburgh . He has 2 awards.
Dr. Dowling has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Jewish Hospital - Louisville
- Baptist Hospital East
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Robert D Dowling MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 27 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Robert D. Dowling practice?
- Dr. Robert Dowling has 2 office locations.
Dr. Robert Dowling practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Louisville, KY.
Additional practice locations include: Clarksville, IN.
See Louisville Surgeons.