A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Dowling:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Dowling is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Dowling, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Heart Surgery (Cardiovascular Surgical Procedures)
- Heart Transplantation
- Heart-Lung Transplantation
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Transplantation
- Mediastinum Cancer (Mediastinal Neoplasm)
Education & Awards
Dr. Dowling graduated from University of Pittsburgh . He has 2 awards.
Dr. Dowling has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Jewish Hospital - Louisville
- Baptist Hospital East
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Dowling accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Bluegrass Family Health - 3 plans
- Anthem - 3 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 2 plans
- Cigna - 7 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Robert D. Dowling practice?
Dr. Robert Dowling practices Thoracic Surgery, Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery, Transplant Surgery, Adult Medicine, and Vascular Surgery near Louisville, KY.
Additional practice locations include: New Albany, IN.
See Louisville Cardiothoracic Surgeons, Louisville Surgeons, and Louisville Family Physicians.