A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Dowling:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Dowling is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Dowling
Endometriosis Patient Education Read about common symptoms and treatments by reading our endrometriosis patient education guide to endometrial implants.Before Visiting Dr. Dowling Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Dowling, MD is board certified in Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 10 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Dilated Cardiomyopathy
- Heart Surgery (Cardiovascular Surgical Procedures)
- Heart Transplantation
- Heart-Lung Transplantation
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Transplantation
- Mediastinum Cancer (Mediastinal Neoplasm)
Education & Awards
Dr. Dowling graduated from University of Pittsburgh . He has 2 awards.
Dr. Dowling has 4 hospital affiliations:
- Jewish Hospital - Louisville
- Baptist Hospital East
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Robert D Dowling MD is a male Cardiothoracic Surgeon, has 26 years of experience and practices in Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Robert D. Dowling practice?
- Dr. Robert Dowling has 4 office locations.
Dr. Robert Dowling practices Thoracic Surgery and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Louisville, KY.
Additional practice locations include: New Albany, IN.
See Louisville Cardiothoracic Surgeons.