Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)

Billing show details Billing
by Undisclosed on Jan 1st, 2015

My wife and I were new patients to Dr. Dropkin. The desk staff stated that they were a provider for our insurance. I inquired about the coverage under my insurance. The associate stated that I had an 80/20 co-insurance which my wife and I faithfully every visit. In addition to receiving receipts for our records. After a couple weeks after our visit with Dr. Dropkin we received a bill for the full-amount of services preformed. I contant both my insurance company and Fayetteville Dental and there was a disconnect between the insurance and the dental office. It was confirmed and I have documentation we both had coverage at the time of services. Instead of working with the insurance or myself, Fayettville Dental elected to send my account to Collections. I strongly recommend NOT becoming a patient at this practice as they need to revamp their billing practices and policies. I will be following up legally with this practice.

PREVIOUS PATIENT show details PREVIOUS PATIENT
by Sandy P on Jun 15th, 2014

Excellent! He delivered my Son Robbie M. 30 years ago yesterday June 14th 1984. I was 2 weeks late an induced labor t& on the the 2nd day he checked me and discoverd my son turned around again & was breech.and asked nurse why she had not checked me again. He imediatly took action & prepared me for a c-section. Robbie is now a Paramedic among many other things and is an advid supporter to the American heart Assoc for CPR in schools Bill. He volenters to teach hands only CPR in schools with the school nurses, CPR survivors. Please check out Crowd Rise .com/Robbies Wish. This is who Dr.Dropkin brought into this world. Thank You, Dr .Dropkin

Terrible Doctor show details Terrible Doctor
Aug 28th, 2013

I went to see Dr. Dropkin after being diagnosed with Endometriosis by another Obgyn. Dr. dropkin was NO HELP at all. He was completely ignorant about the facts surrounding the disease and the current treatments. He also has a way of speaking to women with a very degrading tone! I would never recommend him to anyone, healthy or Otherwise. He should not be involved in Women's Healthcare! The minute you question a treatment he recommends for YOUR body, he says, if you don't like it here, go somewhere else!

Great Doc! show details Great Doc!
by Rosemary Blake on May 8th, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Dropkin for the past 28 years. He is totally awesome! He has delivered both of my children, of which my first was a difficult labor which turned in to an emergency C-section. He has saved my life twice, done four surgeries on me and diagnosed me with a large ovarian cyst which he removed successfully. The first doctor I went to for this told me I had irritable bowel I cannot say enough great things about this man! Patty is also awesome! You are the best!

Stay Far Away... show details Stay Far Away...
Jul 25th, 2012

I recently found out I am pregnant and unfortunately my GYN, who shares the office with Dr. Dropkin, no longer delivers babies (I am a patient of Dr. Laura Costello for 12 years). I made an appt with Dr. Dropkin, however, before that appt happened, I ended in the Emergency Room for severe cramps and vomiting. This was a Saturday. I phoned the Doctor's office first thing Monday as I was diagnosed with a "Threatened Miscarriage" by the attending physician at the ER. Patty, who makes Dr. Dropkin's appointments, huffed that she had to "cancel other appts and move his schedule around"; as if I was an inconvenience to her! I was given an appt for an ultrasound on Tuesday at 4pm and an appt with the Dr on Wednesday at 10am. I'm in the ER on Saturday and can't get an appt until Wednesday?! God forbid something was terribly wrong. During the ultrasound on Tuesday, the technician, name unknown as she didn't introduce herself to me, said to me three times, "This is stupid, why are we doing this", in reference to having an ultrasound done at the ER on Saturday. I asked to see the screen as she was doing the ultrasound, to which she huffed and flipped a little screen around for me to see. I asked to hear the baby's heartbeat, to which she said "ugh, I don't know, let me see if I can make the machine do that". Really?? Outdated technology to say the least compared to the machine at St. Peters. Not to mention she DIDN'T offer to let me see my baby or hear the heartbeat. The staff is completely unprofessional and unfriendly. When I told Dropkin of my concerns I was told - verbatim- "Maybe you should go somewhere else since you're not happy here". I came to that appt on Wednesday with an already completed authorization for release of records form for my new Ob/Gyn office. This is my first pregnancy and should be a very happy and calm time for me. Going to this office for OB treatment was FAR from that. I cannot say enough about the unprofessional, smug, callous attitudes of the staff - no wonder they act this way when Dr. Dropkin sets the example.

Jan 5th, 2012

Would not recommend him for a pregnancy, does not have a good bedside manner and does not like to take them time to answer questions, explain what is going on and go over your concerns. He is always in a rush!