Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Disrespectful  |  show details
by F.H. on Dec 17th, 2013

The wait time at the office was terrible. Dr. Booth saw me for about 3 minutes. He said I needed both knees replaced, even though I only had pain in one. On the day of my surgery, everyone working at the hospital seemed scared of him. He treated many of the staff with disrespect. I almost considered telling him I didn't want surgery. After surgery, the knee that didn't hurt me at all has chronic pain. The one that did hurt is doing well. I don't feel like I gained anything by having the operation.

by Tom Penoza on Aug 28th, 2013

I had both knees replaced two years ago. Best decision I ever made going to Dr Booth. I was up and pretty much back to normal in 6 weeks. Don't even think about my knees anymore.

|  3Bs - Horrific Customer Service - What are we cattle with nohting else to do but wait?  |  show details
by Kurt Gwynne on Aug 26th, 2013

Couldn't get past initial visit. Told to show up 1/2 hour early. I showed up 40 minutes early. My examine time came and went. One hour and 40 minutes after my appointment, I was told that I was next, but it could be 2 minutes or 20 minutes. What a joke! People in the waiting room, packed like cattle with no idea when their appointment would actually take place. If that's how they treat their patients, then they could care less about anything except billing our insurance companies! Plenty of other good doctors that can do knee replacements. No reason to be treatedlike your time is not important!

|  Only Did Surgery for Medicare Reimbursement  |  show details
by Very Dissatisfied Relative on Aug 11th, 2013

My mother needed knee replacement surgery on one knee but Booth did reconstructive surgery on both. Nothing wrong with other knee. He later said "did the other one cause she was already in surgery", The fine from Medicare wasn't enough they should have removed his license to practice medicine

|  The very best  |  show details
by Carol on Jul 26th, 2013

Dr. Booth is a kind, knowledgeable, and proficient surgeon. If you need tkr and you live in the Mid-Atlantic region, you will not find a better surgeon. Three months after my surgery, I am off pain medication and I can easily walk two miles, pain free.

|  Terrible hospital  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2013

This Aria hospital in bucks county is terrible and his PA is so ignorant. Nursing care in this hospital needs a dramatic change .I will not be taking my dad there any more. I will have to find a new doctor because of a bad hospital, not because of the doctor.

|  Poor Care  |  show details
by NC on Apr 3rd, 2013

I was very unhappy with my father's knee replacement at the 3B new hospital in Bucks County. The anesthesia doctor (who I was told came from their other hospital, just to work with Dr. Booth) put the epidural in the wrong place. It ended up in his spinal fluid, which made him pretty sick. He was out of the operating room quickly, and he told me that they had to give him blood transfusions in the recovery room! I have never heard of such a thing for a healthy person. We will not be back for the other knee.

|  Need a phone no.for dr booth at univ.of penn. hospital  |  show details
by Cheryl Oxford on Feb 17th, 2013

This site is not user friendly . It is not good at directing one on how to contact the doctor. Please email me with the phone number for the doctor. cheroxford@aol.com

|  Laminectomy L-4, L-5  |  show details
by Rick Eulo on Feb 5th, 2013

Dr. Booth performed a laminectomy on me 25 years ago stopping the pain and sensations down my leg, and dramatically improving my quality of life. He was informative, friendly and professional. He is a great surgeon and MD.

|  There is no better in the business  |  show details
Nov 19th, 2012

When you need to get your knees replaced the main factor is the expertise of the doctor and his staff. It is NOT about the amount of time he spends with you. That is irrelevant. What are your end results and has your life improved as a result? If the answer is yes, as it is in my case, then we have achieved success. He called me the night before my surgery and could not have been more caring or thoughtful. To those who complain about waiting for a period of time or bedside manner, you miss the point. He is, no question, the very best.

|  arrogant  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2012

BECAUSE OF DR.BOOTHS LISTINGS MABE IT HAS CONTRIBUTED TO HIS HOLIER THAN THOU ATTITUDE AND THE ARROGANCE HE DISPLAYS IS SICKENING. ONCE THE OPERATION IS OVER HE COULD. CARE LESS.

Aug 18th, 2012

He is an excellent doctor. He repaired a knee replacement that had been done incorrectly by another supposedly top doctor in the city. The revision surgery that Dr. Booth did went perfectly. He took extra time with me to explain how he could repair the damage that had been done from the first surgery.

|  Dr Booth is the best  |  show details
Jun 18th, 2012

He does all his own surgeries. Yes, he has an ego but I wouldn't want someone who didn't think he was the best. His office is the best organized physicians office I have ever been in. He personally called me the night before my surgery to assure me. If you have the ability to use Dr Booth I highly recommend that you do so.

|  NO GO  |  show details
Feb 26th, 2012

All ego - only does knees. Are you obese which means knee implants will fail. He'll do them again and again and again. This organization has gone downhill real fast. Since he is the chairman of 3B, I can certainly understand why.

|  go elsewhere  |  show details
Feb 12th, 2012

His ego is larger than his gigantic head. He spoke to me for 60 seconds. I didn't come there to speak to his assistants.

Feb 5th, 2012

What a waste of time. His PA was acting like the doctor and he just came in and glanced at my xrays and said I need a knee replacement. When I asked him to talk to me he brushed me off and said his staff will do all that. Do not waste your time.

|  Dr.Booth gave me my life back  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2011

After years of knee pain, physical therapy, cortisone shots, and synvisc shots, I saw Dr. Booth for a total right knee replacement. Knee replacement recovery is a tough road, but Dr. Booth is the BEST. His skill is amazing, the knee feels great considering it is not my natural knee. I'm 15 months out and it just keeps getting better and better. I'm only 51 and I feel blessed that I found Dr. Booth and he operated on my knee. He also has a great personality. He called me the night before surgery to help put my nervous mind at ease. Penn Hospital was also terrific - the best hospital I've ever been to. Look no further if you have a bad knee. See Dr. Booth and move on with your life.

Aug 18th, 2011

my appointment was at 1:00. I saw Dr. Booth at 4:20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

|  Bi-lateral Knee Replacement  |  show details
Apr 26th, 2011

Dr. Booth replaced both my knees almost 8 years ago. I was very impressed with his expertise along with his compassion. He is a doctor of excellence! I would highly recommend Dr. Booth to anyone who needs knee replacement. I have since retired and moved from the Philly area. I'm concerned that I won't find a knee specialist as good as Dr. Booth if and when I need one. He's the best in my opinion!!!

Mar 29th, 2011

Dr. Booth is the best! He is part inventor of the prostetic knee that he uses in knee replacements. He has also designed some of the instruments used in knee replacement surgery. He has won numerous awards. He staff is also wonderful! A great team!

by Ken on Aug 22nd, 2010

I felt very confident that Dr Booth was performing my knee replacements! He is very down to earth and i feel he would spend more time than he did in consultation and follow up appointments if need be. At the very first appointment he put me at ease regarding my knees condition/surgery! I don't hesitate to recommend Dr Booth to many friends, relatives and others considering joint surgery!

Jun 24th, 2009

Dr. Booth is a very caring doctor. He is always professional in his manner & he does not rush you out or jolly you along.He is the Best!