Dr. Robert Donnelly Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Donnelly?

June 4th, 2017

Great Surgeon and great office

I have been a patient of Florida Knee & Orthopedic Center for over 15 years. I have had excellent care over the years. Dr Donnelly has been my doctor for years and did my cervical spine surgery a year ago and he did a wonderful job. I am going to be needing a total knee replacement and torn meniscus repair and he is the only doctor I trust to do it. Several years ago I had knee injections done and it helped me tremendously and kept me from having surgery at that time. Also I have a very bad lumbar spine and I have had lumbar epidural steroid injections and it has helped tremendously, it has helped me to not have surgery on my lumbar. I highly recommend Dr Donnelly and have actually recommended several friends that have had surgery by him also.

April 11th, 2017

EXPERIENCE, EXPERTISE & WISDOM FAR OUTWEIGH TIME SPENT CONVERSING IN A FRIENDLY MANNER.

I thinnk a healthy dose of PROFESSIONALISM is okay. most of us are full of fear and hypersensitive regarding our injury and the care needed. It is about the diagnosis and medical care needed. To me, I was put more at ease by his matter-of-fact nature. I don't need to be hand-held (I can get that from family and friends). I need to educated/knowledgable direction. Yes, Dr.Donnelly isn't the bubbly type, but he is personable. The more YOU ask the more YOU know. Best to you all & I can guarantee he has not been in practice 20yrs and learned nothing. Let's give him some credit. I found that when I didn't follow the pre-surgery physical therapy request, he ended up refusing to perform the surgery until I complied. I've had a 2nd and 3rd opinion (because I thought "Oh, the nerve of him.") and I could have gotten surgery elsewhere. Something told me that he was probably the most thorough and knowledgeable. Something still tells me that. Don't judge a book by its cover. He is actually a nice guy. *And for the record I am glad the surgeon he shared an office with left. I have to do some research or nothing would sit well with me! After review of THAT guys record, I almost threw Dr.Donnelly away.*

March 22nd, 2017

OMG....RUN

I was able to get an appointment fairly quickly, but was called a week before the apt to hear it had to be cjphanged due to the dr not in that day....was given an apt for the next week. Wait time was ridiculous, well over an hour. Once I was taken back to the exam room, it was another 20 minute wait. He had his back towards me most of the visit, except for the quick look at my original knee replacement by another Dr that had a bit of pain after a year. He insisted I needed a decision, not that he did them any more but since I'm such a nice lady, he'd do mine...REALLY? Either you do them or you don't and how did he know if I'm nice, we didn't talk. Off to the surgery scheduler I ago...he had no time to answer any questions. The lady had me sign a waiver stating that if anything went wrong doing surgery, I couldn't sue with a jury, it had to go to arbitration....REALLY???? IVe never heard that one! I scheduled the surgery...drove home had total anxiety, so I called and canceled the surgery. I had a bad feeling about him and am so happy and relieved I didn't follow through, I'm sure there would have npbeen a lot of regrets. Thank yoipu angels for looking over me!

February 28th, 2017

surgery

want him as my doctor to take care of me

October 4th, 2016

Stick with your gut!

The initial visit gave me a couple of red flags, but after a 3 1/2 hour wait to see him for the 2nd time, my frustration level was high! He has no regard for your pain level, "nothing more then advil or tylenol couldn't take care of" even though his diagnosis of needing surgery. The exterior of the Clearwater office does not project a well maintained professional clinic. The Dr's that were previously with him are no longer there. With more red flags, I happened upon this site and read his reviews, I have cancelled my surgery and am looking elsewhere. When you have that initial gut feeling, stick with it. Thank goodness for this site, for I would have been another "butchered" client!

September 11th, 2016

Back Surgery gone wrong

I had back surgery in 2007 by Dr Donnelly and my life has been ruined from it. I worked and drove a car until the day before my surgery, and here it is 2016 and I'm stuck in a wheelchair and using a walker. He shouldn't be practicing medicine.

August 2nd, 2016

Listen to that little voice...

Because of that little voice in my head after my initial visit I went for a second opinion - promptly canceled the surgery that was scheduled and will not go back.

July 5th, 2016

This doctor butchered me. My incision is about 8 inches or more for hip replacement surgery. He sliced into my buttocks and it is deformed. I was at the hospital at 10:30 am and my surgery was after dark. I think he was tired and wanted to get it over with quick. I would not advise anyone to go to him. He's not personable or very polite, very standoffish.

April 27th, 2016

Cortisone shot

I took my mother for a cortisone shot as she is bone on bone. He didn't appear to be with it! He fumbled for the shot, the alcohol, the band aide. Didn't explain X-ray results, overall a very unsettling experience, I would search for another Doctor!

October 22nd, 2015

Dr. Donnelly was very thorough and I never felt rushed at all. He was very empathetic and gave great advice and range of options, I would highly recommend him!

June 6th, 2015

Dr. Donnelly needs to to hire a nurse and go back to school to learn how to aspirate fluid from a knee. He does not use an ultrasound to find the compartment and blindly stabbed my knee twice, hitting my nerve twice, unsuccessfully injecting cortisone as well. While the staff were very nice, stay away from the MD who requires that you sign away your rights to legal action.

April 9th, 2013

Ms

Dr Donnely is forthcoming, pleasant, well educated and trained. You must be honest with your Dr. I had needed the knee repla ed for about 10 yrs. He xrayed me, took a history and told me to s hedule an appt with Regina. Went to Largo Hosp, had surgery was fearful of pain, the pzin was in the muscle like I exercised to .ong, but 4 days later I was at home witn al ost 90degree bend. Dr. Donnely and his staff are stellar.