Dr. Robert Donnelly MD Patient Reviews

3.2

no change

March 21st, 2017
OMG....RUN
I was able to get an appointment fairly quickly, but was called a week before the apt to hear it had to be cjphanged due to the dr not in that day....was given an apt for the next week. Wait time was ridiculous, well over an hour. Once I was taken back to the exam room, it was another 20 minute wait. He had his back towards me most of the visit, except for the quick look at my original knee replacement by another Dr that had a bit of pain after a year. He insisted I needed a decision, not that he did them any more but since I'm such a nice lady, he'd do mine...REALLY? Either you do them or you don't and how did he know if I'm nice, we didn't talk. Off to the surgery scheduler I ago...he had no time to answer any questions. The lady had me sign a waiver stating that if anything went wrong doing surgery, I couldn't sue with a jury, it had to go to arbitration....REALLY???? IVe never heard that one! I scheduled the surgery...drove home had total anxiety, so I called and canceled the surgery. I had a bad feeling about him and am so happy and relieved I didn't follow through, I'm sure there would have npbeen a lot of regrets. Thank yoipu angels for looking over me!

February 27th, 2017
surgery
want him as my doctor to take care of me

October 4th, 2016
Stick with your gut!
The initial visit gave me a couple of red flags, but after a 3 1/2 hour wait to see him for the 2nd time, my frustration level was high! He has no regard for your pain level, "nothing more then advil or tylenol couldn't take care of" even though his diagnosis of needing surgery. The exterior of the Clearwater office does not project a well maintained professional clinic. The Dr's that were previously with him are no longer there. With more red flags, I happened upon this site and read his reviews, I have cancelled my surgery and am looking elsewhere. When you have that initial gut feeling, stick with it. Thank goodness for this site, for I would have been another "butchered" client!

September 11th, 2016
Back Surgery gone wrong
I had back surgery in 2007 by Dr Donnelly and my life has been ruined from it. I worked and drove a car until the day before my surgery, and here it is 2016 and I'm stuck in a wheelchair and using a walker. He shouldn't be practicing medicine.

August 1st, 2016
Listen to that little voice...
Because of that little voice in my head after my initial visit I went for a second opinion - promptly canceled the surgery that was scheduled and will not go back.

July 5th, 2016
This doctor butchered me. My incision is about 8 inches or more for hip replacement surgery. He sliced into my buttocks and it is deformed. I was at the hospital at 10:30 am and my surgery was after dark. I think he was tired and wanted to get it over with quick. I would not advise anyone to go to him. He's not personable or very polite, very standoffish.

April 27th, 2016
Cortisone shot
I took my mother for a cortisone shot as she is bone on bone. He didn't appear to be with it! He fumbled for the shot, the alcohol, the band aide. Didn't explain X-ray results, overall a very unsettling experience, I would search for another Doctor!

October 21st, 2015
Dr. Donnelly was very thorough and I never felt rushed at all. He was very empathetic and gave great advice and range of options, I would highly recommend him!

June 6th, 2015
Dr. Donnelly needs to to hire a nurse and go back to school to learn how to aspirate fluid from a knee. He does not use an ultrasound to find the compartment and blindly stabbed my knee twice, hitting my nerve twice, unsuccessfully injecting cortisone as well. While the staff were very nice, stay away from the MD who requires that you sign away your rights to legal action.

April 9th, 2013
Ms
Dr Donnely is forthcoming, pleasant, well educated and trained. You must be honest with your Dr. I had needed the knee repla ed for about 10 yrs. He xrayed me, took a history and told me to s hedule an appt with Regina. Went to Largo Hosp, had surgery was fearful of pain, the pzin was in the muscle like I exercised to .ong, but 4 days later I was at home witn al ost 90degree bend. Dr. Donnely and his staff are stellar.

August 27th, 2012
I DID NOT HAVE A GOOD EXPERIENCE. AVOID THIS DOCTOR.
My surgery was mishandled. My knee cap has given me a lot of problems. I had a total knee replacement and am having a lot of problems. Mentally Dr. Donnelly does not seem to be there. He is vague and does not have a caring personality. I would not recommend him.

November 7th, 2011
I am so totally grateful to Dr. Donnelly! I came in with a mobility scooter & I left singing his praises. I truly cannot understand these bad ratings that were given about him! He was sooooo great, I had been in so much pain that I've been unable to walk even a little bit. In '06 I had a total on my left knee followed yearly with both hips. When my other knee started paining me I assumed that it was time for the right knee to be done. I totally accepted the thought of this procedure. However, Dr. Donnelly had me have xrays of both hips and both knees. I was totally blown away when he showed me my xray on my right knee. I couldn't believe that was my knee! I was told I did not need to have another operation. He recommended an MRI and also an injection in this knee. Now I am a coward and I did not relish the thought! However, he explained that I'm an adult and more or less left the outcome in my hands. Well, I thought it over & bit the bullet. He sprayed an anasthetic to deaden the area & I must say, I feel like a new woman! Bless you Dr.Donnelly!