A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Hickman:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Hickman is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Hickman
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Hickman, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acute Renal Failure (Acute Kidney Failure)
- Bronchopneumonia (Aspiration Pneumonia)
- Digestive System Cancer
- Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Hickman graduated from Harvard University , Boston.
Dr. Hickman has 4 hospital affiliations:
- CentraHealth LGH/VBH
- Centra Virginia Baptist Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Robert Edward Hickman MD is a male Internist, has 41 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Robert E. Hickman practice?
- Dr. Robert Hickman has 1 office location.
Dr. Robert Hickman practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Lynchburg, VA.
See Lynchburg Internists and Lynchburg Gastroenterologists.