Ophthalmologists, Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat), Plastic Surgery Specialist

Westlake
St Vincent Radiolog
201 S Alvarado St
Ste 500
Los Angeles, CA 90057
213-413-7300
Locations and availability (3)

1.0

|  Kindness: A Surgical Skills: F  |  show details
by ESA on Apr 18th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Levine by another ocular plastic surgeon. Unlike many other doctors I encountered, Dr. Levine was ethical, caring, and generous with his time -- which explains why he was always way behind schedule. However, I made the mistake of believing that his genuine caring meant I could trust his surgical skills. My experience with him taught me that "Bedside manner," has no relationship to surgical judgment or skills. Be warned: Do not use this doctor for surgery! iI emerged from Dr. Levine's surgery so disfigured, I totally retreated from life, paying someone to even do my shopping; too ashamed of my appearance to leave my house for even haircuts. Dr. Levine totally botched each procedure and even performed one without my knowledge or consent. In addition, the very purpose of the surgery, -- to remove embedded lashes at the corner end junction of my eye -- was a failure and left me in as much pain as before. He failed twice to close the corner of that eye. He offered another end-juncture revision, but by this time I I knew it was useless and even more hazardous to continue with him. I was turned off by the fact he had not even examined the end-junction carefully before the 2nd corner revision and only discovered the reason it had failed again was because the ends of my lids were left "everted," turned outwards, Thus, he may have removed the embedded lashes, but the pain not only persisted, the end of my eye now ended with red recessed tissue instead of at the white of my eye. The most horrible result of his surgery, however, is that without my consent, he had made an incision to my abdomen and added fat grafts above and below my eyes, areas that did not even require it. This addition of unnecessary lumpy fat grafts resulted in eyes that did not match in size, shape, or slant. There were distortions to my upper eyelids that even affected the relative heights of each eyebrow. Dr. Levine used these lumpy fat grafts from my stomach and also placed them below my eyes, causing unequal disfiguring fat pouches under my eyes. The fact that he did this becomes all the more heinous because his secondary procedure was "Blepharoplasty," a procedure to remove excess skin, sag, and pouches. Ironically, Dr. Levine, had managed to add them! In addition, he had recruited a stem cell fat specialist, Dr. Joel Aronowitz to participate in this surgery. Not only did I not need fat added under my eyes or even above my eyes, if any fat were to be added, it should have been stem cell fat. This is always the preferred procedure because instead of fat bulges, the micro-droplets of stem cell fat meld into the adjacent area This doctor may or may not be fine for other eye problems. I am posting my experience in an effort to forewarn warn other patients from undergoing surgery with this doctor.