Dr. Robert Mitchell Jr Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Mitchell Jr?

Adult ADHD

Adult ADHD

Have you seen Dr. Robert Mitchell Jr?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 29th, 2016

Irresponsible

I'm lucky to be alive. Dr. Mitchell prescribed me 180 mg of adderall a day for 9 years. Then abruptly decreased me to (what I now know) fda limit of 60mg a day. He didn't advise me side effects of withdrawal. Nor did he tell me suicidal thoughts and tendencies were a potential side effect from adderall withdrawal. Needless to say I'm lucky to be alive.

June 23rd, 2015

HORRIBLE

I had him as a psychiatrist 8 years ago. When I first went to speak with him, I was really nervous and so began to rattle off my experiences with what I assumed was a mental illness. He never acknowledged anything I said and kept typing at his computer. Then he proceeded to interrupt me by saying, "I know what you have. You haven't shut up the whole time you were here." I was appalled, and even more so when he misdiagnosed me with ADHD without regard to the content of my talks with him and proceeded to prescribe me a multitude of unnecessary medications. Whenever I met with him, we barely talked before he gave me a script. Whenever I needed to speak with him, he blew me off. Once I came in after being blown off and waited for an hour to meet him. When at last he came out of his office and behind the front desk and the receptionist told him that I was still waiting, he said loud enough for me to hear, "She can wait." I was so angry that I confronted him behind the desk and told him how terrible of a doctor he was and that he hadn't helped me at all. I said I no longer wanted to be his patient and he said he didn't want me to be his patient, and I said that was fine. I have since found a doctor that has diagnosed me properly 8 years after I decided to seek help from this inept a**hole, and have been diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I strongly recommend not seeing this psychiatrist. You will come out worse than you had started.

September 18th, 2017