Dr. Robert Shapiro MD, FACC Patient Reviews

4.8

• Good
  • Bad

July 18th, 2016
I went to Dr. Shapiro because I thought I needed cholesterol medicine. My cholesterol was high for two years in a row and my internist wouldn't give me medicine. I am a registered nurse in a hospital and while discussing this at work another Doctor told me to see Dr. Shapiro (cardiologist that my husband actually sees). I made an appointment. Routine EKG was performed. When Dr. Shapiro walked in he was asking me why I was there, and asking tons of heart related questions . I asked him if my EKG was abnormal since I had an abnormal EKG many times before and worked up with no answers- everything fine. Dr. Shapiro sent me for s stress echo at the hospital (he was there during the procedure). He noticed the measurement of the ventricle off a little bit. He was not alarming me at all since I was able to finish the test without any problems or chest pain. He sent me for an MRI. This showed I had a rare genetic problem ARVD. I was then referred to an electrophysiologist and within a month had an ICD placed. This pick up by Dr. Shapiro was amazing and life saving. Not only for me but my three children that now have to be worked up for the same inherited problem. I had this abnormal EKG for at least 15 years. No one ever took the time ( or had the interest) in digging deeper. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr. Shapiro. He is extremely personable and down to earth.

February 23rd, 2014
Life saver.

January 20th, 2013
Saved my life after MI. Supporting and informing me to live with congestive heart failure. Takes the time I need to answer my questions and provides through treatment.

September 19th, 2012
Life saver
After MI Dr.Shapiro became my cardiologist, and is helping me return to a healthier state.

March 14th, 2016