Dr. Robert Shapiro MD, PHD Patient Reviews

• Neurology Burlington, VT

• Good
  • Bad

June 14th, 2010
Dr. Shapiro seemed to understand my problem but also understood that I was more into trying to prevent my migraines naturally and gave me a few alternatives to try. This is very rare in the medical profession. I have tried the first of his suggestions and it appears to be working. He also was very understanding and shared that he has suffered from my type of migraine. I feel comfortable that I now have someone to turn to should they start increasing.

May 13th, 2010
EXCELLENT CARE WAS DEEPLY APPRECIATED!
I saw Dr. Shapiro for a second opinion on migraines and an abnormal MRI. Dr. Shapiro was very thorough in reviewing previous CT Scans, MRI's and I appreciated the detailed paperwork I was required to fill out well in advance of the appointment. The paperwork helped me better define what ALL the issues were. Dr. Shapiro was very patient in listening to my concerns and following the lengthy interview and evaluation, we came up with a step by step plan to TREAT the issues in a 7 step plan. A follow up appointment was made to assess the progress. The neurologist I saw initially in upstate New York did a very poor job, could not explain the MRI abnormalities and his "plan" was to wait until my symptoms got worse and then take another MRI to see what changed. It takes a while to get an appointment because Dr. Shapiro is in great demand. It was only a 10 minute wait before the nurse started the appointment by taking vitals etc. while Dr. Shapiro took the time to go over ALL the records and when I did meet with him, it was evident that he actually read through ALL the information provided. As a mental health therapist who networks with many physicians myself, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND Dr. Shapiro to anyone seeking competent care for complicated neurological issues.

June 24th, 2016