Dr. Robert Eastlack MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery La Jolla, CA

November 9th, 2016
Great doctor. I had an artificial disk put in in 2012. It was a miracle. Dr Eastlack is a truly great surgeon.

November 4th, 2016
Incredible surgeon, but its like pulling teeth to hear from him on serious issues. so frustrating. Didn't believe me on a serious issue. Again incredible surgeon, but so frustrating getting any info out of him.

July 6th, 2016
Dr. Eastlack helped me heal, however his office staff is the worst. They don't return phone calls. They move your appointments and don't tell you. I can't recommend him based on his office staff.

April 1st, 2016
Competent, caring orthopod.

May 19th, 2015
For Dr. Eastlack
Exceptional physician and person. The urgency and complexity of my orthopedic surgery was timely and professionally exceptional. I continue to recommend my surgeon.

August 16th, 2013
Wonderful surgeon
Dr. Eastlack has been my physician for over a year. I have had unusual presentations orthopedically and neurologically. He is very direct which I appreciate. He spends a lot of time with me at office visits. I feel he is a gifted surgeon, amazing doctor and compassionate human being. I had a successful lumbar fusion after 5 months of suffering. He continues to try and help me with complications from a previous surgery which he did not perform. I have seen a plenty of physicians and Dr. Eastlack is the best!

July 25th, 2013
eastlack lacks
does not care for his patients acts like he can tell them what to do or how to live highly don't recommend this doctor.

July 4th, 2013
Worth the Trip from New Mexico
Dr. Eastlack was recommended to me by 2 fellow New Mexicans that were previously treated through surgery by Dr. Eastlack. When in need look for the best and indeed he is the best. Bedside manner A+, Staff A+, Surgical success A+. We spent two weeks in San Diego to make sure I was healthy enough to fly back to NM. The trip was worth every penny and more. I will continue to highly recommend this back surgeon to any one who will listen. Its hard to find a highly competent, friendly and compassionate Dr. these days. Need to see a back specialist? "HE'S THE MAN."

February 28th, 2012
He has been my physician since 2008. I trust him in all application where I have needed spine treatments. Caring and bedside manner are great. I think he's the best in San Diego.

January 3rd, 2012
This is a great Doctor!
I first went to see Dr. Eastlack about 3 years ago for a consult on a neck problem that has plagued me for 30 years. I am extremely apprehensive about having surgery and Dr. Eastlack was very respectful of my wishes and suggested alternative treatment to control my pain which has left me pain free for 6 month stretches at a time. Dr. Eastlack is so attentive and spends an incredible amount of time with me at every visit. He goes over all of my test results at length and ensures that every question I have is answered. He even took the time to inject an arthritic thumb that had been bothering me and I happened to mention to him during my visit. I know that eventually I will need to have surgery on my neck, which will be extensive, but I would not hesitate to have Dr. Eastlack perform the surgery. I wouldn't trust anyone else.

October 18th, 2011
Staff is great, Doctor is great when you can see him
I've had two surgeries performed by this doctor and the last three visits to see him I have had to wait for over an hour because he was behind schedule and when I saw him an hour and 45 mins after my appointment time, there was not even an apology for this which really got under my skin. That right off the bat tells me he thinks his time is more important than anyone else's no matter what so I will not be returning to him again because this last surgery a few months ago did not go well and I am still disabled because of it and still in agonizing pain daily that he has done absolutely nothing about. I would still suggest him but be cautious when making appointments even if you can and get a second opinion which I now have to do for my situation. I am 26 and have already had two lower back surgeries and now coming up upon a third because the second did not go well so there is a bit of information for you on what I have done with this doctor.

August 29th, 2011
Great Surgeon. Always friendly and caring of my conditions
Dr. Eastlack has performed two surgeries for me on my lower spine and both times did it with care and in a timely manor. He is always asking me what I want to do and not what he tells me to do. He gives you all your options and then asks what you want to do to unlike most doctors. Appointments are a bit hard to get because he is so busy with so many patients but he is well worth it. I would not trust any other doctor at scripps clinic to operate on my back or any other part of me. Staff is always friendly especially his nurse Abby. She is great and always in a great mood to make you feel better even on your worst day so big THUMBS UP for ABBY.