Robert J Echenberg, MD
623 W Union Blvd
Unit 5
Bethlehem, PA 18018
610-868-0104
Locations and availability (5)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  My Saving Grace  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2011

Dr. Echenberg diagnosed me when I was 21 years old. He spent 3 hours explaining what exactly was wrong. As a young female, I felt I was getting dismissed by other doctors. A doctor wanted to put me on DepoLupron which would have put me through full menopause at 19. I know understand my condition and he trusts that I know when something is wrong. He listens to my pain problems and also generally cares about what is going on in my life. He is the sweetest man. He let me go from laying in bed, to being able to work on most bad pain days because I undersatnd how to help it. I moved to VA and still go to see him. If you have pelvic pain, he is the man to go to.

|  show details
by B. McCauley on Aug 29th, 2011

Dr. Echenberg was extremely kind and compassionate. He spent a long time explaining my chronic disease, and seems very knowledgeable in his field.I would recommend him to anyone with similar issues to mine.

|  Doc with a heart and brain  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2010

Dr. E knows that pelvic pain can have multiple causes and always allows 2 hours for your initial consultation - mostly talk and record review, followed by an exam.He very quickly identified the source of my mother's pain - severe spasms of the big muscle that runs front-to-back on us girls. Using a multi-modality approach, he made several recommendations which we have tried (oral pills, a gel) and one of them (valium vaginal suppositories, which puts the relaxant right on the money) has been hugely successful for my mom. For the first time in years, she is almost pain free, and this has changed her quality of life immensely. It has changed mine too, because it is very stressful to live with someone who is literally howling from pain daily, and now I know my mom's not suffering.The doc is very kind and patient, and a good listener. He is also good at explaining things as well. His physician assistant is very good, supportive and helpful in getting your info together for you and lining up the drugs and answering questions. You may have a wait to get that first appointment, but for us, it was very worth it.

|  I'm a difficult case, he is a great doctor  |  show details
Oct 24th, 2009

My case is chronic pelvic pain. Initial interview was 2 hours. I had been seen by 6 doctors before finding Dr. E so he had lots of records to review. The physical exam was alot of communication, He takes his time, explains things, I felt like I finally had a doctor who wanted to find answers as much as I did. The accuracy -3 stars, isn't his fault, pelvic pain can come from multiple sources so it does take time, but one thing that is extremely nice is he don't want you in pain and is very serious about breaking the cycle of pain that i was going through. Great Doctor & Staff.