Dr. Robert Echenberg, MD
Obstetrician & Gynecologist, Surgeon
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Tessa on Aug 1st, 2016

Absolutely amazing doctor!! I made so much improvement in the small amount of time I was with him it is incredible! I would 100% refer anybody to him!

Godsend! show details Godsend!
by Marguerite on Jan 5th, 2016

For over 10 years I saw several doctors for a unbearable pain I would call a pinch, that would come on randomly and suddenly and keep me off my feet for days. No one had a clue what it was and I had injections and other painful experiments performed for it. Nothing helped and I never knew when it would strike again. Dr. Echenberg was just a Godsend! In 2006 I saw his advertisement in a newspaper and decided to make the appointment. After our consult and exam he suspected it was a large diverticulum of the urethra. He sent me for ultrasounds which confirmed that it was. Then he highly recommended a urologist who performed the delicate surgery. I have been pain free since. I am not kidding about the high ratings in his office either. Nothing but a good experience there. I cannot thank him enough!

Apr 1st, 2015

I saw Dr. Echenberg and was told I needed to be on four meds and bladder instillations weekly, to manage my pain. He is not interested in finding a cause for pain, but just in treating it, with the only method he knows how to. I had a bladder instillation that he assured me would make me feel better, and went into the clinic with a moderate amount of discomfort and left in much more pain. That evening, I thought I would die, my bladder was on fire and he had not once told me that there was any possibility of my having worse pain. Also, the lidocaine he put on my vaginal area burned it like you cannot imagine. Again, he didn't tell me this would happen. As a result, I have burning pain around the vulva, which I did not have prior to going to his clinic (I only had bladder wall pain). Horrible experience, I would not recommend him.

Not the right treatment show details Not the right treatment
Oct 12th, 2014

Dr Eichenberg is very nice but unfortunately he misdiagnosed me and caused me a great deal of pain. He was wrong on all his diagnoses and applied incorrect treatments which lasted 6 months of painful shots when I really just needec a hysterectomy. Get 2nd opnions when his treatment doesnt work.

My Saving Grace show details My Saving Grace
Sep 19th, 2011

Dr. Echenberg diagnosed me when I was 21 years old. He spent 3 hours explaining what exactly was wrong. As a young female, I felt I was getting dismissed by other doctors. A doctor wanted to put me on DepoLupron which would have put me through full menopause at 19. I know understand my condition and he trusts that I know when something is wrong. He listens to my pain problems and also generally cares about what is going on in my life. He is the sweetest man. He let me go from laying in bed, to being able to work on most bad pain days because I undersatnd how to help it. I moved to VA and still go to see him. If you have pelvic pain, he is the man to go to.

by B. McCauley on Aug 29th, 2011

Dr. Echenberg was extremely kind and compassionate. He spent a long time explaining my chronic disease, and seems very knowledgeable in his field.I would recommend him to anyone with similar issues to mine.

Doc with a heart and brain show details Doc with a heart and brain
Dec 9th, 2010

Dr. E knows that pelvic pain can have multiple causes and always allows 2 hours for your initial consultation - mostly talk and record review, followed by an exam.He very quickly identified the source of my mother's pain - severe spasms of the big muscle that runs front-to-back on us girls. Using a multi-modality approach, he made several recommendations which we have tried (oral pills, a gel) and one of them (valium vaginal suppositories, which puts the relaxant right on the money) has been hugely successful for my mom. For the first time in years, she is almost pain free, and this has changed her quality of life immensely. It has changed mine too, because it is very stressful to live with someone who is literally howling from pain daily, and now I know my mom's not suffering.The doc is very kind and patient, and a good listener. He is also good at explaining things as well. His physician assistant is very good, supportive and helpful in getting your info together for you and lining up the drugs and answering questions. You may have a wait to get that first appointment, but for us, it was very worth it.

I'm a difficult case, he is a great doctor show details I'm a difficult case, he is a great doctor
Oct 24th, 2009

My case is chronic pelvic pain. Initial interview was 2 hours. I had been seen by 6 doctors before finding Dr. E so he had lots of records to review. The physical exam was alot of communication, He takes his time, explains things, I felt like I finally had a doctor who wanted to find answers as much as I did. The accuracy -3 stars, isn't his fault, pelvic pain can come from multiple sources so it does take time, but one thing that is extremely nice is he don't want you in pain and is very serious about breaking the cycle of pain that i was going through. Great Doctor & Staff.