Dr. Robert Ellison Jr MD Patient Reviews

no change

• Good
  • Bad

September 7th, 2015
After I said I would not have my vein stripped, I decided to leave. I was not examined by Dr Ellison, but he came in as I was leaving. The diagnosis was made by a young male with less than 1 year of training. I have run 4 half marathons since then. It was over 5 years ago!!!

May 8th, 2015
ALL ABOUT MONEY - GO ELSEWHERE
Dont let the Dr's friendly folksy way of talking fool you. This clinic is overpriced and all about money. They make cosmetic scerlotherapy patients get an ultasound test first. This is how they pay for their TV ads and billboards. I should have known better and hope that i can make others be more careful of going there. In my case, they ASSURED me that I only had a nominal CO PAY for the test (I asked not once but 3 times to be "sure"), and then 5 weeks later slapped me with a big bill. Long story short, they have you sign the small print that says you are responsible if insurance kicks back. So they lost future cosmetic sessions ($350 each) over a $145 balance that my insurance wouldnt cover and they refused to adjust. They lied about it being covered initially - at best, their staff wasnt checking and didnt do the insurance check correctly - and they didnt care about getting negative reviews or losing me as a long term patient - all they cared about was getting paid for the test. Furthermore, the results I got from their $350 treatment were not any better than the results I got at my dermatologist's office last year (for $150 a session, no additional tests and fees!) . I am sure that Dr Ellison is a competent Dr but they are more concerend about generating reveue for their pricey ads by jacking up charges than they are about retaining patients. Had they adjusted the test bill, I would have went back for a second session, or had they told me my insurance wouldnt cover the ultrasound I wouldhave went elsewhere to begin with. Out of principle I will go elsewhere now. Caveat: If your needs are cosmetic, go elsewhere unless you have money to burn.

April 21st, 2014
Awful
only bussiness, no caring, if you are lucky you will see the Dr. before the procedure for 5 minutes and do not forget to call 2 days before your appt.or you have to pay $200 for NO SHOW.

February 9th, 2012
A real doctor
After an experience that I had at another vein clinic, well there is no comparison, most professional pleasant staff and doctor . I give this office 10 stars

September 4th, 2009
Great experience
I was very nervous about going to get my legs checked but my pain was getting worse. Dr Ellison was so nice and explained in full what I could do - I elected to have surgery and now my pain is gone and veins are too - Dr Ellison is very kind and his staff was also friendly and nice. I would highly recommend !

April 25th, 2017