MACULAR DEGENERATION show details MACULAR DEGENERATION
by D. GALIAS on May 8th, 2014

Dr. Engstrom is very competent, professional, prompt, courteous, answers all questions and explains conditions and treatment very well to patients. Staff is competent, professional an courteous. All physicians should interact with patients in this manner.

Beware !!! show details Beware !!!
Apr 22nd, 2012

I really want to give this practice NO star. The staffs are horrible. They are extremely unprofessional. They always rush through the testings and then stand out there chatting about their personal affairs despite other patients are waiting. I have complained to the doc but obviously he's not doing anything. This is not a one time thing because I have been a patient here for over a few years now. I finally had it with the practice and transferred my care to somewhere else.Very frustrating. Also the doc said I should have some extra in-office test--but they let me leave without administering it and I had to go back for it. Doctor Engstrom is a liar beware of his vocabulary he convinces patients to have surgeries as soon as possible ! SCAMMER !

THIS MAN IS THE BRIGHTEST AROUND show details THIS MAN IS THE BRIGHTEST AROUND
Jan 14th, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Engstrom with chronic Central Serous Retinopothy and at risk for serious vision loss. He not only offered a detailed tretment plan, but carefully tracked progress with the most advanced techniques around. He explained in as much detail as I needed how my long-term prognosis looked. It's been a long journey, but I'm feeling most hopeful of no further vision loss!

VERY PROFESSIONAL/THE BEST show details VERY PROFESSIONAL/THE BEST
by MR. CERVANTES on Oct 29th, 2009

DR. ENGSTROM IS VERY PROFESSIONAL. EXPLAINS EVERY DETAIL (BRIEFLY BUT CLEAR) HE MAKES THE PATIENT AND THE FAMILY FEEL COMFORTABLE ASKING QUESTIONS TOWARDS ANY TEST, SURGERY, AND ANY BEING DONE TO THE PATIENT. DR. ENGSTROM EVEN GOES BEYOND WHAT ANY DOCTOR HAS DONE CALLING AND CHECKING UP ON HIS PATIENT TO MAKE SURE HE OR SHE IS DOING WELL.

Great Doctor, long waits show details Great Doctor, long waits
by Citysearch User on Nov 3rd, 2008 on insiderpages.com

If you dont mind it taking some time in the waiting room, or sitting in the chair waiting to be seen for a while, he is a great retinal spec...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Dr. Engstrom Restored my Eyesight show details Dr. Engstrom Restored my Eyesight
by Citysearch User on Sep 6th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Engstrom is the best retinal specialist in Southern California. He has an extensive background and education from the Jules Stein Eye I...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Highly Recommended! show details Highly Recommended!
by Citysearch User on Aug 15th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Engstrom has done more that we could have imagined in helping my husband regain his eyesight. As a result of his diabetes, my husband ha...