Dr. Robert Thompson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

February 2nd, 2015
Excellent Highly Qualified Physitian

December 17th, 2014
Hate the staff

April 3rd, 2014
Unprofessional
I was referred to Dr. Thompson and read his reviews feeling encouraged- let me save you the time and pass on this doctor. He was not compassionate to my son, did not listen to us and was bold enough to question our parenting. There are a lot of doctors in the city, choose someone else.

September 10th, 2012
Wonderful Dr - Horrible front Office Staff
Dr Thompson himself is wonderful but his front office staff are two of the rudest women i have ever met! You might as well plan on waiting a minimum of one hour after your scheduled appointment to be seen. All in all if I were a new patient I would use someone else because of wait time and rudeness of the front office.

August 15th, 2012
Over 2 hour wait for visit
If I didn't have previous contact with this office or already have invested the $ in 2 office visits...I wouldn't be going back..Very dissatisfied...For the premiums we pay for specialist and the number of Dr's out there no patient should have to wait more than 30 minutes to be seen. If we are late they cancel your appointment and make you reschedule. Wait time was more than 2 hours the 1st visit and over an hour the 2nd time. I have been waiting for over a month for a call back about setting up appointment for surgery procedure. Billing was incorrect for the 2nd visit Would not refer this office.

January 15th, 2012
Waited 1 hour, 45 minutes; went downhill from that point; bedside manner was non-existent; would never go back

April 7th, 2011
AMAZING SURGEON AND NURSE PRACTITIONER.... office staff.... Not So much
I was diagnosed with papillary carcinoma (most common and easiest treatable and best cure rate of thyroid cancer)... And was recommended by my endocrinologist to Dr. Thompson... First of all his bedside manner is AWESOME as well as his NP in the office.... WONDERFUL (I am an ICU nurse so I see a bunch of docs of various bedside manner)... The office lady who schedules.... Not so pleasant to deal with... Cold... Seemingly unfriendly, and standoff-ish. Completely opposite of Dr Thompson... Tolerate her... But absolutely choose Dr. Thompson... My scar is only 1 inch and nearly invisible at 3 months out.... OUTSTANDING WORK... and a great guy.

July 8th, 2010
Worth the poor office staff
Dr. Thompson has treated my small son, partially deaf husband and seriously ill mother. He is wonderful and even delayed his vacation to do sinus surgery because of my mom's pain. His office staff is the pits, but he is such a great doctor that we put up with the poor staff.

April 30th, 2010
I had very high hopes for Dr. Thompson, he came highly recommended. I had an early appointment and arrived early. My first experience was that the person who had an appointment after me was placed ahead of me. This left me to wait over 30 minutes to see the doctor. I thought the doctor was very friendly and had the proper amount of concern for me, I had some additional testing in his office then it was determined I would need additional testing outside of his office. I had no idea this would be the last time I would see him. The rest of my conversations were to be with his nurse. All my concerns have had to be addressed with his nurse as the middle person. The doctor has had no interest in seeing me and what he has initially said he felt was a concern he no says is not but still has no explanation for the problem. I am very disappointed in this physician.

April 29th, 2009
Dr. Thompson is amazing!! I initially went to him for a tonsillectomy; however, during the pre-op exam, he discovered a lump on my thyroid. He caught my thyroid cancer very early - I will be forever grateful.