Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  The Best in DFW  |  show details
Sep 9th, 2013

Dr Feferman has treated me for several years, post thyroidectomy for papillary thyroid cancer. He is bright, accurate , and always willing to find solutions for my improved health.

|  Year long patient - Review  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr. Feferman's for a year now. I have recommended that everyone I know go and see him. He is very educated but listens to your opinions, concerns and fears. If you insist that something is wrong with you, even if he thinks you're nuts, he still investigates it just to allay your fears. I love the fact that he recommends natural hormones and that he is concerned with your overall complete health not just his field.

|  Weirdo  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2012

Stay away from this loon!

|  Dr. Fefferman is a Horrible LIstener  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2011

I went to him a year and a half ago after being diagnosed with Hypothyroidism in the emergency room. He asked me a few questions, asked me my race and asked me about "the boys" (referring to my testicles). He is TOO laid back for my taste. He drew SIX vials of blood (his nurse did) and did all kinds of tests. I came back to discuss results and he put me on Synthroid. It has now been a year and a half and I have not gone back to see him. They continue to renew my Synthroid since I need it but have not had me back for a follow up to adjust the levels if needed. Dr. Fefferman talks over you, doesn't let you speak when you're trying to explain symptoms, etc. The office staff is unfriendly and they don't return your calls.I am finding a new Endo for my follow up visit. I would NOT recommend these people. After all, this is your life they're dealing with.

|  Top notch diagnosis and treatment  |  show details
Apr 29th, 2011

Dr. Feferman cuts to the chase. Diagnoses the problem and makes appropriate treatment recomendations. He talkes time with patients to review not only the various forensic tests, but also the lifestyle issues impacting the health of his patients.

|  Dr Feferman is the Best  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2011

Dr Feferman is the 1st doctor that took the time to really find out my problem. He takes the time to listen and spends as much time as needed. I have recommend Dr Feferman to my friends on many occasions and will continue to do so.

|  Mary Frances Hibbert  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2011

I travel from Atlanta, Georgia to Irving, Texas to see Dr. Feferman. I had been unable to find an endocrinologist as knowledgeable and compassionate as Dr. Feferman. He is a great communicator who enabled me to transition into post menopause with little discomfort. I highly recommend him as physician.

|  Katherine Harvey  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2011

Caring, considerate Physician. Explained the benefits of a healthy lifestyle and addressed concerns with prompt answers. Outstanding follow up to assure I understood and was following instructions. I am a very healthy patient. Dr. Feferman's is a superb endocrinologist, who treats the body as a whole.

|  He cares about making women feel good. About cancer, not so much  |  show details
by TC Madison on Sep 17th, 2010

I felt a thyroid nodule and my Primary Care Physician ordered and Ultrasound. The nodule was confirmed by ultrasound in 9/07. Visited Dr. Robert S. Feferman in 10/07. He insisted on Fine Needle Aspiration done by himself without ultrasound guidance, assuring me that he "always gets a diagnostic sample". Amazing as it sounds, he did not get a diagnostic sample, and his response was "Oh well, so what if you have thyroid cancer. You will die of old age. You don't want surgery, it will leave a scar on your neck. We will just watch it for a few years & see what it does. Let's talk about hormone replacement therapy. Have you heard of Vivelle Dot?" Being less than impressed with this fine specimen of a doctor, I did not pay for his disservice of a non-diagnostic, painful test that was suddenly no longer important after he screwed it up. I had my well woman exam this year in April with my PCP, and mentioned that the nodule felt larger. Upon repeat Ultrasound in May this year, it was verified to be larger, so I visited a real Endocrinologist. She did another biopsy, guided by ultrasound, took 4 samples, made 12 slides, all 12 of which showed papillary cancer. I had a Total Thyroidectomy on August 5th and am now awaiting I-131 treatment, since the cancer has metastasized. The Endocrinologist estimates that I have had it 10 years. My treatment plan is obviously more intensive than it would have been 3 years ago. Had this been taken care of 3 years ago, then the newly acquired duty of taking care of my elderly father (in addition to a full-time job - I am the primary breadwinner) would be much easier on my tired, 49 year old body. Not to mention the statistical survival rate for 46 year old vs. 49 year old, and the alarming statistics for distant metastases (unknown as yet - full body scan pending). I am angry, tired, unhappy, hypertensive, highly inconvenienced, possibly facing mortality, all because I went to a hormone salesman instead of a doctor. This man is not interested in treating disease. He said that he wanted to make me (and I quote) "Skinny, Happy and Horny". I would love to sue him, but apparently my statute of limitations has expired. I do want to do my part to make certain that he takes more interest in Cancer diagnoses in the future. I find his flippant attitude regarding Thyroid Cancer as unacceptable and dangerous, especially since there are 2 very dangerous and deadly types of Thyroid Cancer (Medullary and Anaplastic). I suppose I should consider myself lucky that mine was Papillary.If Dr. Feferman wishes to dispute any of this, or sue me for Libel, that is fine. All of my words are true. Just remember, he is great at fluff, but if something is really wrong with you, go elsewhere.

|  Unprofessional Environment  |  show details
by S.T. on Jul 13th, 2010

Wait time is long. Staff is not friendly and very unorganized. Dr. Feferman gave inaccurate information to amount of prescription of hormone medication. He ordered way too much lab work where my office visit was far more expensive than a office co-pay. Not happy with my experience regarding Dr. Feferman as a physician or his office as a professional environment.

|  show details
Jun 29th, 2010

Office Staff - VERY UNORGANIZED AND INCOMPETENT. The staff is NOT professional, and they constantly have a turn over except for the Office Manager.The Office Manager doesn't return calls, or assist you when there is a billing or insurance problem. Disappointed with overall service. One would think that Dr. Feferman would be concerned how his office is managed.