A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Ference:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 2.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Ference is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Ference, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 7 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Pelvic Pain
- Sports Medicine
Education & Awards
Dr. Ference graduated from Wayne State University, Detroit.
Dr. Ference has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Garden City Hospital
- Detroit Receiving Hospital & University Health Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ference accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 1 plan
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 5 plans
- Humana - 3 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 2 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Robert J. Ference practice?
Dr. Robert Ference practices Orthopaedic Surgery near Southfield, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Essexville, MI and Detroit, MI.
See Southfield Surgeons.