Internist, Cardiologist (heart)
120 E 2nd St
2nd Floor
Erie, PA 16507
814-456-8980
Locations and availability (8)

|  patient  |  show details
by Anthony R. Patti on Mar 3rd, 2014

Dr.Ferraro and everyone involved are simply the greatest at what they do.

|  Excellent Cardiologist  |  show details
by Dawn Marie Blanchette on Nov 8th, 2008

Dr. Ferraro recently performed a Valvuloplasty on me. He is an excellent cardiologist. He did everything in his power to open up my bicuspid aortic valve. He didn't get the valve open as much as he had hoped to, but then i have several complicating factors, such as high level paraplegia, severe scoliosis and lung problems. Unfortunately, a bicuspid aortic valve is one of the hardest valves to open up when you have critical aortic stenosis. He did his best and is checking into a relatively new procedure called a percutaneous aortic valve that is part of a FDA study called "The Partner Study". Presently, it cannot be performed on someone, like me, who has a bicuspid aortic valve, but they are hoping that in the future they will be able to do it and he will try to get them to perform it on me if it becomes available and i qualify to have it done. I really appreciate him trying to help me and, like the other reviewer said, he is a very nice person too and treats his patients with respect and he explained everything to my satisfaction. I previously had a cardiac surgeon who was the exact opposite of him and never spent more than a minute in my hospital room and because i do not want to be on a ventilator for life told me "you might as well die now then". It was wonderful to have a caring doctor after my experience with the surgeon. I would highly recommend Dr. Ferraro to anyone who needs to see a Cardiologist.

|  A wonderful Cardiologist that is recommended to everyone  |  show details
by Keri (Smith) Badaracco, Erie, PA on Apr 30th, 2008

My father has been seeing Dr Ferraro for the past 5 -6 years. He has a wonderful bedside manner, and has been really good with our family in giving information and answering our questions. he has litterly saved my dads life in the past, and is a very skilled Cardiologist. I would recommend him to anyone. he has always checked in on my father when he was admitted, and never sent in another Cardiologist to do his work. He has done 3 heart caths for my father and put in stints when needed. He has always treated my dad with the upmost respect, and has treated him like family. In 2003 Dr Ferarro had done a procedure on my dad by putting 6 stints in one surgical procedure. This was the hospital record of stints put in at one time in one surgical procedure. He is highly recommended by our family to yours.