Dr. Robert Figman MD Patient Reviews

December 3rd, 2014
ER Nurse
Dr Figman prescribes klonopin xanax ect to his patients who have opiate addiction and or who have abused klonopin /xanax in the past. He sits with his patient a total of 15 20 minutes and listens to the manupulating lies that a patient will express to get the medications they so desire. In turn we nurses end up with a overdose from the patient from the med they were prescribed and no positive outcomes to getting the help that the patient really needed . Psychiatry in general over prescribes this medication in general and it needs to come to a stop...... To many hurt familys , unnecessary deaths and no positive outcomes... People need to be aware of the danger of these drugs addicting...... There should be stipulations when prescribing these medications ... ie ( investigate there history .....

May 25th, 2012
Learn about yourself he helps...
I have seen a Handful of Drs...With Dr Figman I listen he lets me talk....its all trial and error...you cannot expect wonders to happen..In patient does not even cover that...as a patient..I know that...I am not just a number..HE DOES CARE...its so easy for everyone to complain...no one gets it the first time..WELL HE DID WITH ME..BECAUSE I KNOW MYSELF I WAS HONEST..AND HE IS THE BEST DR IN THE WORLD!!

March 17th, 2012
I recently had my first visit with Dr. Figman and was very impressed. He was not only caring and willing to take the time to listen, but was very knowledgeable about the field of Psychiatry, at times making mention of recent studies as well as medication side effects and options. I would highly recommend him!

February 17th, 2012
lynne ann lorray
THIS DR IS EXCEPTIONALLY CARING..AND I COULD BE HONEST AND REAL!! AND HE IS WELL RESPECTED!!! I AM ON THE LESS MEDS EVER FEEL GREAT!! HE TAUGHT ME A PILL IS NOT THE ANSWER!! THANKYOU ALL AT THE OFFICE!!

April 19th, 2011
very pleased with the treatment. This MD is VERY compassionate DOES listen to what I'm saying and we work well together.

June 9th, 2010
Lacks Compassion!!! Scores a ZERO for bedside manner.
I started seeing this Dr last year after I was diagosed as Schizoaffective. This man did not show concern for me as a person, perscribed me medication before allowing me to fill him in on my concerns and my questions about my diagnosis. He spent an average of 15 minutes w/ me during my appoints but charged my insurance company for 45 minutes, let alone my co-pay of $3 ( I often wondered if he was charging me for the time I sat in waiting area waiting to see him.) When I called w/ questions the office staff were generally rude. I called to have my prescriptions called in to my prescription service and the receptionist could not locate my medications that were suppose to be written in my chart, when she finally did find them , she claimed she could not read the dr's handwritting. I was told the dr would return my calls, & then he never would. The doctor doesn't have voice mail and I'm suppose to rely on his receptionist who can't read his notes to relay a message to him????? I did not receive reminder phone calls for upcoming appointments. I finally called my therapist to see if he would recommend another psychiatrist and was told that he was not surprised I was having problems w/ Dr. Figman, that other patients had complained as well. Bottom line I wouldn't recommend this man to my vet for his patients.

May 26th, 2010
does not listen to his patients
Although this M.D. is excellent in his field, he does not listen to his patients. He quickly makes decisions based on what someone else may say (such as a pharmacist) without listening to the patient. He actually will say "don't talk and listen very carefully", leaving the patient feeling deserted, unable to correct what info he has and the feeling that he/she has done something wrong. This makes all the progress he has made moot. He also has no problem leaving you on meds that he has told you to never go off without his help and without meds you actually need. Although I liked him, everything his patients said about him is true.

April 6th, 2010
Hoarding Syndrome
I have the hoarding syndrome. My living area is stacked with stuff. Dr. Figman says I'm not a hoarder because I don't collect tinfoil and string. I know this is wrong.

February 12th, 2010
Dr. Figman comes across very caring but after 4 years of seeing him I'm seeing now that he's not as great as he appears. He rushes me out the door after I've waited an hour to see him. He doesn't review my file before I come in he room so he has no idea what I'm talking about and all he wants to do is give me more drugs. Take more is what is answer to everything is. Time to change.

June 8th, 2008
At times only meets with me for a few minutes. Has charged me for missed visit seven though I'm often kept waiting.Seems self-impressed, although his recommendations have usually been helpful.