Dr. Robert Filer MD Patient Reviews

• Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility York, PA

2.8

April 24th, 2016
This worst place ever , the staff are rude and the doctor should be fired . I felt that he didn't know what the he'll be was talking about .He is bit strange .

June 24th, 2015
Worst Experience
Inaccurate diagnosis. Perfomed very few test. The operating room was not what I would expect with a craftsmen tool box used to store medical tools. Pushed IVF with the use of donor eggs. When asked a question their was never an answer given. We spent alot of money and a year of time with him and left with no more answers and no further ahead then when we started. Recently went to another doctor and in 2 weeks was diagnosised with endometriosis. When copies of medical records were requested only portions of the records were given. Had to fight to get a complete set of medical records. Treats patients like a heard of cattle.

March 18th, 2015
Great experience
We visited the office for the first time yesterday. Before I visited, I read these reviews and I almost cancelled my appointment. I even called my OB and asked her if she really thought this place was a good idea, because what I read on here was unsettling. She said they always recommend this practice and they have her full support. So I decided to try it bc I trust my OB. Our experience was amazing. We didn't see dr filer, we saw Dr. Munch. I read the reviews on her "attitude" and now I just laugh. She was the nicest lady I believe I have ever dealt with in the medical field. She reassured us, took about two hours with us to go over options and thoroughly explained things. We asked the same questions probably a million times and she didn't care, just explained it again. She even pushed a test through quicker for us, because we were very nervous about the results. I do not have anything bad to say about her or the office, it was a great experience and we have strong confidence that they will give us the best care possible. Don't believe everything you read online. Some of those incidents probably happened because of underlying medical issues that nobody can control. I would definitely recommend giving her a try. Im looking forward to my journey with them!

January 23rd, 2015
Amazing doctor and staff
My experience with Dr. Filer and his staff was amazing. I have nothing negative to say. I have two beautiful children (via IVF) thanks to The Fertility Center. I am shocked to read these other reviews and would like to hear the entire story, as I don't believe that they are an accurate representation of what happened. I would suggest Dr. Filer to anyone and I consider him and his staff to be a part of my family. I will always be grateful to them. I would choose the personal experience I had with The Fertility Center over the business minded Shady Grove any day.

April 20th, 2013
R-U-N!!!!! BEWARE!!!
Michelle Munch did an exam and found a fibroid that needed to come out before we could start fertility treatment. Had a consult prior to surgery with Dr.Filer. He told us this would be "routine" surgery and we could start treatment within 6 weeks of surgery. In the recovery room after surgery I was woken up to the news that Dr. filer did an emergency hysterectomy!!!!!!!!! WITHOUT MY CONSENT!!!! A nurse came to visit me in my hospital room because she was concerned about me and told me that Dr. Filer wasnt even going to tell me the mews......he was going to let my husband drop the bomb!!! when I went to his office for 1 week check up he was SUPER cold! When I asked him how often this type of thing happens, he said it was the first time in 30 years. Now I am finding out from other former patients of his that this happens ALL THE TIME!! BEWARE!!! I went to dr.filer to get pregnant and he took the opportunity from me FOREVER!!!!!

April 5th, 2012
Waste of time and money
I was shocked on the lack of communication and knowledge. They didn't really do any testing prior and just jumped right to IUI. They drew one tube of blood. I have no idea why and heard nothing from that vial of blood. The Lancaster office is pretty much ran by two front desk staff. They had no badges or name tags. I didn't think they were nurses but they drew my blood. My iui worked but they called me and said expect a miscarriage. Told me to come back in a week. (they should have been doing my hcg levels every 2-3 days) then at my next appointment they said everything looks great and we will see you next week. I came back next week and they said to expect a miscarriage again. Then told me to come back in a week. Well I insisted on coming back in 3 days. Thank god I did that. Because that morning I miscarried and knew it. I told the lady drawing my blood. She totally ignored me. I told her again and she said okay well no one is here so they will call you. No one ever seems to be there. So finally they call me and say well yes you miscarried but you didn't pass it call us in a week if you don't pass it and we will do something. I have no idea what to look for or expect. I have to look up everything on the Internet the doctors never bother to call you they just tell their clueless frontdesk staff to do everything for them. Not to mention the one time they got me confused with another patient. Go somewhere else that is professional and wants to communicate with you and not just steal your money and time.

November 15th, 2011
RUN RUN RUN
Our experience with The Fertility Center is exactly what you read in the other reviews (wish I had found this sooner). The process is very cryptic, the dont tell you much such as your levels after blood work,etc. The dont make you feel like part of the process more like it is happening to you. The nurse Sue, is mean not one for small talk slightly rude. Michelle Munch is direct but very aloof and Dr. Filer is quite animated gives me the feeling "I'm not a doctor, I just play one on tv". As far as the cycle, they triggered too soon so it was a wash and they dont grade the embryos. I wonder how experienced the embryologist is.

May 20th, 2011
Rude
I agree- this should be 2 reviews; one for Dr. Filer and one for Michelle Munch, the NP. We never saw Dr. Filer, not even for our initial appointment. Our first visit with Michelle was great; she sat down with us and answered all of our questions. That was the only time she was great- every phone call to her office after that initial visit was never returned until I called a second time and then her return call was more than unfriendly. She has gone through IVF herself so she should be more understanding and caring for what her patients are going through. She also called and gave us TERRIBLE news over the phone, news that should have been told to us in person in the office. We have since turned to another infertility specialist and will not recommend Michelle Munch/ Dr. Filer to anyone.

December 23rd, 2010
Poor and inaccurate diagnosis
The diagnosis was very inaccurate. Wanted to push IVF with the use of donor eggs before doing proper testing. Went to another specialist and in 2 weeks had an accurate diagnoses of endometriosis,lesions, and tubal sists. Spent alot of money with filer over a one year period and left no further ahead then when we started. Not to mention the craftsmen toolbox in the operating room used to store medical tools.

October 23rd, 2010
This really should be two ratings one for Dr. Filer and one for his nurse practioner, Michelle Munch. I saw Dr filer only a hand full of times & I though he was a great. Very caring. Michelle on the other hand wasn't nearly as nice and when we asked questions she never reallly answered us. As for diagnosing us, very few tests were done. We have moved on to another doc & have found out all sorts of things that were in Dr. Filer's file that we were never told! Things that should have caused them to skip some treatments yet the continued anyway. I think Dr Filer would be well served to handle a file himself and limit Michell's role. Seems like you only get to him if you go the IVF route and Michelle is NOT pleasant to work with!

May 25th, 2010
Dr. Filer was nice during the few interactions we had with him. It seemed as though too much responsibility was passed on to his nurse practitioner. We rarely saw Dr. Filer. Nurse practitioner was sometimes rude when we had questions. Left to go to another practice and haven't looked back!