A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Fontana:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Fontana is Excellent.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Fontana
Diabetic Nerve Pain Patient Education Read our patient education guide and understand diabetic nerve pain and symptoms and treatments for nerve damage.Before Visiting Dr. Fontana Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Fontana, MD is board certified in Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 6 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Fontana graduated from University of Michigan Medical School, Ann Arbor.
Dr. Fontana has 5 hospital affiliations:
- Mercy Health Partners- General Campus
- University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Robert J Fontana MD is a male Internist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, and Hepatology.
- Where does Dr. Robert J. Fontana practice?
- Dr. Robert Fontana has 3 office locations.
Dr. Robert Fontana practices Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology, and Hepatology near Ann Arbor, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Grand Rapids, MI.
See Ann Arbor Internists, Ann Arbor Gastroenterologists, and Ann Arbor Hepatologists.