Dr. R Fowler MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Paradise Valley, AZ

no change

May 11th, 2017
Thanks
Before I found Dr. Fowler I had vaginal discharge and odor that was affecting my personal life, at work as well as in the bedroom. I could smell myself and so could my co-workers and sex partner. I knew I needed to find someone who could help since it was several failed attempts at my regular OB-GYN. I found Dr. Fowler on google and was very thankful. Two months into Dr. Fowler regiment I was 100% better with no more odor or discharge and continue to be asymptomatic. Thanks so much Dr. Fowler!

May 5th, 2017
Dr. Fowler literally saved my life. After battling chronic vaginal infection for nearly a year, I developed unprovoked vulvodynia. I saw 9 specialists in my region and no one knew how to treat me except to numb my pain. I spent over $20,000 on both traditional and alternative medical treatment plans. I was unable to have intercourse for nearly 5 years. I was unable to wear pants or panties for 3 years. I needed to resign from my job because I was unable to function as the pain was a 10/10. I was hopeless and my vulva/vaginal pain was ruining my life.The first time I spoke with Dr. Fowler on the phone, he was patient, kind and encouraging. He even allowed me to pray with him. I scheduled my visit to AZ and started treatment immediately. My recovery was slow, and at times discouraging. Dr. Fowler kept encouraging me and said that for some women recovery is slow, to be patient, and to stay the course. After nearly 2 years of following his treatment plan, I am 95% better. I am so grateful to God for Dr. Fowler and the FGI staff! I'm now in a loving relationship able to have intercourse and reach orgasm without any pain. I never knew that sexual intimacy could be so pleasurable. Dr. Fowler has given me my life back in a manner that I never thought was possible. God bless you, Dr. Fowler! You are changing the lives of women worldwide! Ladies, call Dr. Fowler NOW, he will change your life too!

April 8th, 2017
Dr Fowler cured my chronic illness
13 doctor... 17 years... finally came to an end with the care of Dr Fowler! If you have chronic vulvar pain, see him!

April 1st, 2017
After many visits to my OBGYN with no resolve I was relieved to finally be referred to Dr. Fowler. I was in so much pain that I could not even have clothing touching my vagina without it being extremely uncomfortable. It kept me from doing daily things that I enjoyed. After my first visit with Dr. Fowler I was committed to the treatment protocol and followed it extremely close- I wasn't expecting results quickly but found that I was feeling so much better after only a few weeks. I could work out again, wear real clothes, go out in public without feeling in extreme pain and be intimate again with my husband comfortably. I was at a point before seeing Dr. Fowler that I would never be "normal" or be without burning pain ever again. I am so thankful for the treatment and told my OB that he is "my favorite person EVER!"

March 16th, 2017
Best Doctor for difficult vulvovaginal conditions!
I met Dr. Fowler about 7 years ago when he was still at the Mayo Clinic. I had my first ever yeast infection that wouldn't go away. After 5 different Kaiser doctors and 2 years of my time being told, "it's yeast or it's bacterial" repeatedly and following the medications instructions exactly, only to have my symptoms return, I was lucky enough to find Dr. Fowler through a Lichen Sclerosis message board where I saw he had a subspecialty in recurrent vaginal infections. I was even told I was "too young and that only menopausal women get LS" by another doctor. At the first meeting with Dr. Fowler told me," I know what you have, because I discovered it and we are going to get you feeling better." I was so happy! He set me up with protocol and prescriptions and I was on my way back. I am now at least 5 years running I'm nearly 100%. I swim, cycle and run with minimal discomfort. All of my symptoms are under control and I am feeling great on a day to day basis. Thanks, Dr. Fowler!

March 4th, 2017
Grateful Patient
Symptoms of constant vaginal burning and irritation caused me so much stress and worry and anxiety. It affected my life so much that I stopped doing the things I enjoyed like working out and meeting with friends. I got so depressed over my symptoms that I believed I had contracted an incurable disease and no one was going to able to help me. I had seen a number of doctors who could not find out what was wrong with me. I felt so alone and worried over what this could be and how much it was affecting my life. It consumed me every day. My gynecologist in El Paso recommended I see Dr. Fowler in Phoenix and thank God I did! It has been 5 months since I first saw him and my symptoms have improved overall by 80%. He diagnosed me with inflammatory vaginitis. I followed his treatment protocol and I'm seeing and feeling major improvements in my symptoms and my life. I am working out again and enjoying time with my family and friends. I feel I'm back to my normal self. I don't constantly think about it like I used to. I know with Dr. Fowler's help I will eventually get back to being 100% free from this.

February 25th, 2017
There Is A Real Solution for Vulvodynia
About 2 years ago, a terrible journey of pain began in my life. In spite of many efforts from various doctors, I suffered such pain day and night that I could not work. I am a single parent and my mother had to come live with me to help me take care of my daughter and take care of daily household chores. I cried everyday and it seemed there were no answers. I was afraid of not getting disability insurance and losing my home and my ability to care for my child. I often felt frantic, afraid of what a future of severe pain everyday could mean for my life. Then a friend of mine found Dr. Fowler's website. When I met Dr. Fowler, he knew exactly what was wrong with me and how to fix it. He explained what causes vulvodynia and he knows how to make it better. Dr. Fowler did the research on this condition and his protocol for healing can be trusted. Two years later, I am 100% pain free. I can work and care for my child. I am fully living again and my heart is full of gratitude to Dr. Fowler for giving me my life back!

January 26th, 2017
For over 3 years I was dealing with inching, burning, discharge and tearing during intercourse. I went to 3 different Gynecologist and no one could figure out what was causing these symptoms. Eventually I was referred to Dr. Fowler by a gynecologist after dealing with test after test. Dr. Fowler diagnosed lichen sclerosis and vulvar contact dermatitis. The feeling of relief after getting a diagnosis alone brought me to tears. And after 4 months on his regimen my itching, burning and discharge was 50% better. Now after a year I feel 100%. I can't thank Dr. Fowler enough for what he has done for me. Not only am I symptom free but now I can have a healthy and happy sexual relationship with my significant other.

December 17th, 2016
Dr. Fowler gave me my life back!
I developed vestibulodynia 19 years ago after a yeast infection. I saw many doctors who would test me for yeast, bv, etc but the results always showed negative even though my chronic burning pain persisted. In 2012, I had a full vestibulectomy with the belief the procedure was my last resort and would heal me, however 6 months later the pain was back and I also developed bladder pain, frequency, and urgency. I was devastated and thought there was no hope until I found Dr. Fowler through a google search. He immediately found the root cause to my condition and I started his protocol. At the 8 month mark of his treatment, I improved significantly and now 1 year into his treatment, I am a steady overall 80% improved but the bladder frequency/urgency is 100% resolved. I can sit, walk, exercise without pain! I have no doubt that with a slight change in my protocol, I will improve 100%! Dr Fowler truly gave me my life back!

December 3rd, 2016
I started experiencing issues of extreme itchiness and discharge around three years ago. I initially thought it was a yeast infection, but after 2 rounds of Monistat and 3 doctors telling me I didn't have yeast I was at a loss. My symptoms completely mimicked those of a yeast infection. I was in denial when doctors told me it wasn't yeast. As a college student it was extremely difficult to live normal life. I felt uncomfortable walking to class, socializing, and just doing things that average 20 year old individuals do. The discomfort was so severe that I would spend endless hours crying and researching what I could potentially have. I saw over 10 doctors and even a few specialists who either claimed all of my test results "showed normal" or had no idea what was wrong with me. I would try treatment after treatment with little to no success. I would describe my symptoms to doctors and I could tell they didn't know what was wrong with me. I finally found doctor fowler through one of my many online searches. When I first met with Doctor Fowler I was extremely skeptical (for I had so many doctors fail me in the past)…. But my experience with him was different. Upon arrival he did new tests and was able to immediately diagnose me. He seemed to understand what was wrong with me and gave me a protocol. I had to initially tweak some parts of my protocol but now around a year later I am almost better. I can exercise again, socialize again, and not dread running errands because of discomfort. Instead of feeling an itching sensation once every 5 minutes, I now only feel it maybe 3-4 times a day…. which is a HUGE improvement for me. I know I'm not fully better but I will continue to follow my protocol till I am. Thank you so much Dr. Fowler for helping me!

October 31st, 2016
After suffering from terrible, unbearable symptoms for over TEN YEARS and being misdiagnosed (and truly not listened to) by several other doctors, I count my lucky stars that I met Dr. Fowler in 2010 at the Mayo Clinic! I was very fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Fowler by a friend. Since many of these symptoms are not easily discussed, even with girlfriends, it was very ironic that we were both dealing with the same condition, known as lichen sclerosus. I found that even if doctors had heard of this condition, they did not know how to treat it. Prior to meeting Dr. Fowler, I left three other gynecologists and a dermatologist office, completely frustrated. I was constantly being diagnosed with "chronic yeast infections", which was not the case. My symptoms included severe redness, itching, and burning. Dr. Fowler began treatment on my first visit to him at the Mayo Clinic, and each time I saw him, my symptoms improved more and more. I am pleased to say that I've been 100% symptom free on his regimen for over over 4 years and continue to see Dr. Fowler in his private practice. Dr. Fowler was a life-saver to me!!! I would highly encourage anyone dealing with similar stories to contact Fowler Gyn International for an appointment and to meet Dr. Fowler as soon as possible. He is the kindest and most caring doctor and the expert in this field! You will love him! Thank you Dr. Fowler!!!!

October 20th, 2016
Brilliant Physician with Great Bedside Manner!
After the second year of our marriage, I noticed this burning and frequency issue every time my husband and I were intimate. I ended up seeing three obgyns (one was a urogynocologist) and four urologists, I was about ready to give up. During those eight years, three miracles came into our lives via IVF. So not only did I live with pain from all the procedures, I also lived with a constant burn in the vaginal area. I had uti after uti, and all the urologist did was place me on more medications. This only triggered more burning. After I had a partial hysterectomy (kept both ovaries, but that was it), I decided to try the Mona Lisa laser for dryness. I did three rounds with NO relief. The dryness and burning continued, as well as, the constant medications for utis, then yeast infections, then for the burning. I knew that there had to be something wrong with the bacteria in my vagina. One evening, I looked under lower GI flora issues. That is when I came upon Dr. Fowler's brilliant article all about the different flora and how it must be balanced. Immediately, I searched to see if he was practicing medicine at the time. I found his website, and I felt like my prayers had been answered! After many discussions and phone calls to patients either in treatment or who have finished, I knew Dr. Fowler could help me. My husband knew my background in chemistry, so he decided to book our plane tickets to AZ. Everything made sense to me, finally! At our visit, Dr. Fowler took his time listening to concerns and with compassion, and made me feel at ease. All I could think in the back of my brain was, Dr. Fowler is a genius! He truly cares about each patient, and will not give up until any issues aren't cleared up. I followed his skin protocol a month prior to my visit, and once on my protocol at home, I followed it exactly how Dr. Fowler set it up. Words cannot express the amount of appreciation and admiration I have for Dr. Fowler. After three and a half months, I was pain free! Dr. Fowler's protocol worked exactly as he had planned for it to work. I am still completely pain free at almost 8 months next month! I plan to continue seeing Dr. Fowler because I truly believe he knows exactly how to keep you pain free. Not only is Dr. Fowler a genius (in my mind), but also his passion to help women overcome severe pain shows through his conscientious behavior. Thank you, Dr. Fowler, for healing me. I feel like a whole person now, not one who dreads waking up to constant burning. Thank you also to your family who probably missed you on many occasions while you created the lab equipment so powerful that it can analysis flora like no other machine, and for all the time you spent methodically thinking out multiple protocols to meet each individual's needs, as well as, giving each patient the time they needed to get better.Thank you, again, for sharing your gift with all the women in need of healing.