Dr. R Fowler MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

December 3rd, 2016
I started experiencing issues of extreme itchiness and discharge around three years ago. I initially thought it was a yeast infection, but after 2 rounds of Monistat and 3 doctors telling me I didn't have yeast I was at a loss. My symptoms completely mimicked those of a yeast infection. I was in denial when doctors told me it wasn't yeast. As a college student it was extremely difficult to live normal life. I felt uncomfortable walking to class, socializing, and just doing things that average 20 year old individuals do. The discomfort was so severe that I would spend endless hours crying and researching what I could potentially have. I saw over 10 doctors and even a few specialists who either claimed all of my test results "showed normal" or had no idea what was wrong with me. I would try treatment after treatment with little to no success. I would describe my symptoms to doctors and I could tell they didn't know what was wrong with me. I finally found doctor fowler through one of my many online searches. When I first met with Doctor Fowler I was extremely skeptical (for I had so many doctors fail me in the past)…. But my experience with him was different. Upon arrival he did new tests and was able to immediately diagnose me. He seemed to understand what was wrong with me and gave me a protocol. I had to initially tweak some parts of my protocol but now around a year later I am almost better. I can exercise again, socialize again, and not dread running errands because of discomfort. Instead of feeling an itching sensation once every 5 minutes, I now only feel it maybe 3-4 times a day…. which is a HUGE improvement for me. I know I'm not fully better but I will continue to follow my protocol till I am. Thank you so much Dr. Fowler for helping me!

October 31st, 2016
After suffering from terrible, unbearable symptoms for over TEN YEARS and being misdiagnosed (and truly not listened to) by several other doctors, I count my lucky stars that I met Dr. Fowler in 2010 at the Mayo Clinic! I was very fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Fowler by a friend. Since many of these symptoms are not easily discussed, even with girlfriends, it was very ironic that we were both dealing with the same condition, known as lichen sclerosus. I found that even if doctors had heard of this condition, they did not know how to treat it. Prior to meeting Dr. Fowler, I left three other gynecologists and a dermatologist office, completely frustrated. I was constantly being diagnosed with "chronic yeast infections", which was not the case. My symptoms included severe redness, itching, and burning. Dr. Fowler began treatment on my first visit to him at the Mayo Clinic, and each time I saw him, my symptoms improved more and more. I am pleased to say that I've been 100% symptom free on his regimen for over over 4 years and continue to see Dr. Fowler in his private practice. Dr. Fowler was a life-saver to me!!! I would highly encourage anyone dealing with similar stories to contact Fowler Gyn International for an appointment and to meet Dr. Fowler as soon as possible. He is the kindest and most caring doctor and the expert in this field! You will love him! Thank you Dr. Fowler!!!!

October 22nd, 2016
Dr Fowler is Heaven Sent
Let me start off by saying "Dr Fowler is heaven sent". I found Dr Fowler on the website after doing my own research. I was so frustrated and depressed about my condition. I was having a very awful chemical smell, with burning and dryness. I previously saw 2 physicians in Las Vegas and was told I was fine, all of your test are normal. However still having this embarrassing smell and burning with dryness. The doctors look at as if I was crazy while explaining my symptoms. I saw Dr Fowler in April 2016 and by the time I saw him I was depressed. Dr Fowler was so understanding, he explain to me the very same day about my condition. It's now been 6months and I'm 80% better, Dr Fowler is a blessing from God. If your having any vaginal problems, I encourage you to see Dr Fowler. I can just cry right now, I feel so much better. Thank you so much Dr Fowler.

October 20th, 2016
Brilliant Physician with Great Bedside Manner!
After the second year of our marriage, I noticed this burning and frequency issue every time my husband and I were intimate. I ended up seeing three obgyns (one was a urogynocologist) and four urologists, I was about ready to give up. During those eight years, three miracles came into our lives via IVF. So not only did I live with pain from all the procedures, I also lived with a constant burn in the vaginal area. I had uti after uti, and all the urologist did was place me on more medications. This only triggered more burning. After I had a partial hysterectomy (kept both ovaries, but that was it), I decided to try the Mona Lisa laser for dryness. I did three rounds with NO relief. The dryness and burning continued, as well as, the constant medications for utis, then yeast infections, then for the burning. I knew that there had to be something wrong with the bacteria in my vagina. One evening, I looked under lower GI flora issues. That is when I came upon Dr. Fowler's brilliant article all about the different flora and how it must be balanced. Immediately, I searched to see if he was practicing medicine at the time. I found his website, and I felt like my prayers had been answered! After many discussions and phone calls to patients either in treatment or who have finished, I knew Dr. Fowler could help me. My husband knew my background in chemistry, so he decided to book our plane tickets to AZ. Everything made sense to me, finally! At our visit, Dr. Fowler took his time listening to concerns and with compassion, and made me feel at ease. All I could think in the back of my brain was, Dr. Fowler is a genius! He truly cares about each patient, and will not give up until any issues aren't cleared up. I followed his skin protocol a month prior to my visit, and once on my protocol at home, I followed it exactly how Dr. Fowler set it up. Words cannot express the amount of appreciation and admiration I have for Dr. Fowler. After three and a half months, I was pain free! Dr. Fowler's protocol worked exactly as he had planned for it to work. I am still completely pain free at almost 8 months next month! I plan to continue seeing Dr. Fowler because I truly believe he knows exactly how to keep you pain free. Not only is Dr. Fowler a genius (in my mind), but also his passion to help women overcome severe pain shows through his conscientious behavior. Thank you, Dr. Fowler, for healing me. I feel like a whole person now, not one who dreads waking up to constant burning. Thank you also to your family who probably missed you on many occasions while you created the lab equipment so powerful that it can analysis flora like no other machine, and for all the time you spent methodically thinking out multiple protocols to meet each individual's needs, as well as, giving each patient the time they needed to get better.Thank you, again, for sharing your gift with all the women in need of healing.

October 18th, 2016
Dr. Fowler is a lifesaver!!
I have been a patient of Dr. Fowlers since 2008. I had suffered for years with what I thought were constant yeast and bacterial infections. I visited my gynecologist many times for treatments that never worked. The first part of 2008 was an especially tough time for me. Over the course of 6 months I returned over and over to my gynecologist with complaints of burning and itching. My symptoms were so severe that I could not wear pants/shorts, have sex, sit for a long period of time, workout or even ride a bike. I was in so much pain that I took Vicodin to fall asleep at night. I was lucky I didn’t have a job, because there is no way I could have worked while going through this. I was miserable. My gynecologist prescribed many drugs, tried different unsuccessful treatments and even told me that I may have genital herpes (which I do not have). I knew I had to go elsewhere. I chose the Mayo Clinic and was lucky to be assigned to Dr. Fowler. He immediately diagnosed my symptoms and started me on a treatment protocol that made me feel better. By 6 weeks I was almost symptom free and by 6 months I was feeling 100% better. I have continued his regiment and have had very few minor flare-ups over the past 8 years. I feel my flare ups are always caused when I am lax with following the protocol. Dr. Fowler is an intelligent, kind doctor who truly a is lifesaver.

August 28th, 2016
I am finally feeling better!
I suffered from chronic vaginitis for 8 years before coming across Dr. Fowler's site on the internet. Reading the testimonials from other women made me realize I had to go down to Arizona for his help. I have seen over 10 gynecologists in Canada, spent over $20,000 in private healthcare, and would leave the offices in tears because no one could diagnose the problem. Within 3 months of starting Dr. Fowlers treatments I would say I am already 80% better. This has been life changing! For years I was in constant pain, living with irritation. It affected my mental health as well as my relationships. I cannot begin to thank him enough for diagnosing the problem and giving me an individualized treatment plan that actually worked! I would gladly recommend him to anyone dealing with chronic vaginal issues. He has been amazing.

August 17th, 2016
Lifesaver!
When I met Dr. Fowler I was living a nghtmare. It was ruining my marriage my daily thought was filled with how much pain I was in, it was affecting my time with my children and my relationships with family and friends. I had been suffering with the most horrific vaginal pain for 9 years. Now I'm 95% better. I rarely have any symptoms. I feel great now. The only thing I ever think about the problem any longer is if Dr. Fowler is no longer available if it were to come back.

August 13th, 2016
Rude & Treatments are Nothing Special
Bioidentical hormones, steroid and anti yeast suppositories, and antibiotics...that's pretty much what you have to look forward to for his treatments. His bedside manner is okay the first time you see him, and then after that it all goes downhill. He doesn't return your phone calls timely, if at all. Then your follow up visit will be him calling you randomly without an appointment to give you the test results, and 5 min later, he's off the phone. If you have questions or you get worse with his treatments, his response is always the same, "consider it therapeutic discomfort" and "give it more time". In my opinion, he is not a compassionate enough doctor to treat women with pain conditions, and if his estrogen treatments don't work, he has NOTHING else to offer you.

June 23rd, 2016
Dr. Fowler gave me my life back
I suffered for nearly 20 years with high discharge, painful sensitivity and feelings of inadequacy because of my condition. Other gynecologists dismissed my symptoms. "Some women just have more discharge" one told me. I had abnormal pap smears because of my condition which resulted in a mis-diagnosis of pre-cancer and what ultimately proved to be an unnecessary D&C procedure. It got to the point that I couldn't even clean myself after going to the toilet without tearing. I couldn't even consider having sex with my husband. Finally, a new gynecologist who tore me during a routine exam and who I'd recounted my symptoms to yet again, recommended Dr. Fowler, who was then at the Mayo Clinic. Even though the Mayo didn't take my insurance, I took a risk and made an appointment and went to see him. It was the best decision I'd ever made. He was the first physician to take my problem seriously, and to actually know what was wrong with me and have a solution! I have since followed him to his private practice. It took a minimum of 6 months to really start to feel better, but after 20 years of misery, what is 6 months? I actually started feeling like a regular woman. I could enjoy sex again. I didn't have to constantly change my underwear or wear pads all day because I wasn't wet and sticky. I didn't tear constantly. I didn't itch uncontrollably. By the time I'd been on Dr. Fowler's regimen for a year, I could hardly believe I'd spent so much of my life in such misery. I am still on his regimen years later because it works! I can't thank him enough for giving me quality of life again.

June 18th, 2016
I had been having problems with yeast infections for about two years. By the second year I was getting them every other week. I had gone to more than five different gynecologists who gave me temporary treatments but couldn't solve the problem. I was wasting so much money on monistat and anti fungal pills. I had just accepted the idea that every time I had sex it would result in a yeast infection. It was affecting my daily happiness, work, school, relationships. I became very angry that all of the doctor's would tell me to wear cotton underwear, change out of bathing suits quickly, eat yogurt, shower immediately after working out. One doctor even just blamed it on the heat in Arizona. I changed my whole diet and completely cut out carbs and sugars, only eating protein and vegetables. It was extremely frustrating changing my entire life and not seeing any results. As an otherwise healthy 23 year old in college I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong for my body to keep attacking me in this way. I was very embarrassed by it and wanted to hide it from friends and boyfriends. I felt dirty. Finally a gynecologist referred me to Dr. Fowler and I saw it as my last hope. When I came to my appointment and he immediately pinpointed my problem, I was nearly in tears. It felt amazing finally having someone who believed me and understood my struggle and could help me. After I started my treatment I noticed results immediately. The treatment was strict but it was easy to stick with it once I saw it was helping me so much. It's been 6 months now and I feel like a normal woman. I can have sex, wear thongs, swim, workout, wear yoga pants, and I never have any problems. I still do my treatment but not as strictly as I had to at first. When I think back to my life in the past two years and how miserable I was my only regret it makes me want to cry. I wish I had heard about Dr. Fowler sooner. It makes me so sad to think of other women who are going through this and see no way out. I've already recommended him to two people who have struggled like me. You don't have to be in pain anymore.

May 30th, 2016
PA to AZ
Since 2012, I have been dealing with external urethral, vaginal, and anal irritation. I have seen multiple doctors in my area and surrounding areas including large well known medical facilities. I did not have any luck finding help close to home to remedy my discomfort. After three years of trying to find a doctor to help, my friend recommended that I check out Dr. Fowler to see what he can do for me. I found out about Dr. Fowler from a friend from church who found him through an online support group. My friend flew out from PA to see Dr. Fowler two weeks prior to my flight out for my appointment with Dr. Fowler. I have improved almost 90 percent since seeing Dr. Fowler a year ago. Prior to seeing Dr. Fowler, I was unable to comfortably wear tight fitting clothing, underwear rubbed me to extreme discomfort, working out was uncomfortable, and everyday activities were uncomfortable overall. My overall quality of life is now 90 percent improved since seeing Dr. Fowler and my symptoms are very well managed. Thank you Dr. Fowler!

May 30th, 2016
Thank you!
I have had pain with intercourse off and on over the course of 19 years. I have a wonderful OB that has delivered five of the six children that I have and he is well aware of the extreme sensitivity that I have had during OB evaluations, pap smears, and intercourse. He did not ever treat my symptoms so I thought something was just wrong with me. After my sixth child, he referred me to Dr. Fowler. I did Dr. Fowler's complete treatment regimen for six months and was only 50 percent improved, so was a little frustrated. But I decided to keep going, as some improvement was better than where I had been previously. After ten months, I would say that I was completely better. Intercourse was no longer painful, the sensitivity during a gynecological exam was minimum (mostly just uncomfortable instead of extremely painful) and I felt so much better about myself, as I realized that this was not something I was making up or was just too sensitive. I had a physical challenge that had been solved and it was so much better. I appreciate that this challenge for the duration of my marriage is no longer there, as I hope to have many more years in front of me without the pain I experienced so many years before.