Internist, Rheumatologist

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Oct 21st, 2014

Terrible. Avoid at all costs. Not knowledgeable at all, and rude to boot.

Stay Away! show details Stay Away!
by Kendra A. on Oct 13th, 2014

This review is my recollection of the events that occurred during and after my appointments with Dr. Freed. He answered his cell phone in the exam room, TWICE, to argue over a tee time. I don't tolerate that kind of behavior from my own children, let alone from a doctor that I'm paying to provide a professional service. I got the results of my diagnostic work and promptly found a new doctor. Two years later, I received a screaming, harassing phone call from a super shady collection agency who said that Freed had sold my "delinquent account" to them and I had to pay immediately, or else. With a little research, I discovered that he sent me to collections for a $5.00 co-pay that I had records of having paid. His so-called bookkeeper refused to discuss the issue with me, or correct their own records. I'm STILL getting calls about this bogus charge. I can see from the other reviews on this site that I am just one of many people that he has, in my opinion, ripped off.

A wonderful RA doctor show details A wonderful RA doctor
by Robert L. Freed, MD on Apr 26th, 2013

I have read the reviews and am shocked. Dr. Freed is a wonderful doctor has spends time with me and is very thorough. In researching Dr. Freed before I chose him as my doctor I found that he keeps very updated on this horrible disease. He has always been pleasant with me and his staff are alway eager to help and very friendly and personal. I am thrilled that I chose Dr. Freed and recommend him highly. Pamela Keenan, Huntington Beach, CA

Terrible with billing show details Terrible with billing
Apr 4th, 2013

The experience with Robert Freed has been infuriatingly frustrating. I left the initial consulting appointment with there being no confirmed diagnosis. And he informs me to come back when the pain is worse. I prepared to pay the co-pay I went to the front desk and the lady proceeds to inform me that they will confirm with my insurance if any payment is needed. I tell her that I'll need to pay the co-pay and she says she'll bill me if needed to. So I leave and receive a bill with my name incorrectly spelled a few months later. I received the bill late because I had moved. I paid the bill and sent an updated address along with it. I see that the check is cashed. But another month later I received a late payment notice. Then I get another notice a month after that. So I call the office and explain that the check was cashed. And the lady apologizes and asks me to send over a copy of the cashed check. I fax it over. And then today I get notice that there's a statement of delinquency. Faxed the cashed check over again. This office really needs to get it together.

Seek another doctor for accurate diagnosis! show details Seek another doctor for accurate diagnosis!
Mar 10th, 2013

After several months of battling an unknown disease I was referred to Dr. Freed. Initially I felt relief that I might finally get some answers. Boy was I wrong! I felt like he just didn't want to take the time to figure it out. After several months I requested a second opinion and got approval. The new Reumatologist had one 30 minute visit with me and send me for a series of lab tests and a CT scan. 4 weeks later I go in for a follow up and he has a proper diagnosis for me! Both labs and CT were clear as day. I searched for answers for over 2 years (7 specialist) in excruciating pain just to get Dr. Freed who did nothing but give me Meds and no real answers. I see a new Reumatologist and with a 30 minute exam, history /record review new labs & CT scan he was able to properly diagnose me! I left feeling such a sense of relief knowing what is wrong and anger because I suffered far too long due to Dr. Freed's practices. My diagnosis is not rare by any means!! This should have been Reumatology 101 diagnosis for a Reumatologist with over 20 years experience! I count my blessing for finding a competent Reumatologist that is able & WILLING to help me.

Dr. Freed Does Not Care About His Patients, Period. show details Dr. Freed Does Not Care About His Patients, Period.
Feb 21st, 2013

Dr. Freed was my mom's Rheumatologist for a little over a year and she could have died under his practice if -- by the grace of God -- I was not there the day she was being administered Remicade. She was receiving this infusion on a monthly basis for well over a year and on every visit to see him, he would mutter a couple of words, jot some things down on a chart, start the infusion and leave the room for hours. On this particular day, my mom went into anaphylactic shock in which case I had to grab him out of his office. At first he just lowered the dosage (he would do a 4 hour drip procedure and try to crunch it into 2 hours) but when my mom's symptoms started to get really bad, I had to grab him again and this time he administered benadryl and steroids to counter the allergic reaction. She was rushed to the ER by paramedics. Luckily for my mom, I told Dr. Freed to "do something!" and he administered the right combination of drugs so my mom lived but the entire incident could have been prevented with better care and proper practicing procedures by the doctor. On the Remicade website, it specifically states that the drug must be administered under supervision -- he failed to do so and almost cost us my mom's life. It is really a sad thing to see someone like Dr. Freed in this medical field, which requires special attention and care for disabled patients. He does not care about his patients and quite frankly -- based on our personal experience -- all he cares about is the money. It's really pathetic and I hope my write-up can help any current/future doctors with some insight from a patient's perspective.

Worst service every experienced - staff is rude and not helpful show details Worst service every experienced - staff is rude and not helpful
Oct 11th, 2011

I would never recommend this medical professional to anyone. The doctor spent all but 5 minutes with me and basically asked me to self diagnois.Medical bill was sent to me in error and they submitted the incorrect codes to my insurance. They refused to resubmit to my insurance with the correct information. They wanted me to pay the full amount and ask for reimbursement from my insurance company, when they billed it incorrect in the first place. Called several times and the staff was rude and not helpful.

Professional show details Professional
Jul 11th, 2011

Knows his area of expertise

Jan 20th, 2011

Excellent physician

Awfull.... show details Awfull....
Oct 12th, 2010

He's rude, he does not seem to care. If you don't understand something, forget it he won't explain. Need advice on your medical problem, don't even try asking. And his staff, awfull service they are very rude, they will never have patience with you, it seems they are always in a bad mood, & when you ask a question they will always give you a laugh & say " I don't understand what you are trying to tell me"

DOESN"T KEEP UP ON RECENT STUDIES show details DOESN"T KEEP UP ON RECENT STUDIES
Sep 29th, 2010

If you want to go to a dr. that only has the info available 30 yrs. ago, go to him.(In my opinion)

EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!! show details EXTREMELY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!
Jul 27th, 2009

If I could give this doctor no stars I would. He was extremely unprofessional and arrogant during the whole appointment and made me feel very uncomfortable. He was not very knowledgeable (up to date) in his area of specialty and lacked any caring towards his patients. I left his office in tears. I do NOT recommend this doctor.