Dr. Robert Freed MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.6

August 10th, 2016
Look Elswhere for a better RA Doc
Receptionist is about the only helpful person there, whoever does their billing does it *consistently* wrong, orders my Remicade incorrectly (they recently set it up to be delivered to my home!), and the Dr gives minimal interaction, seems more interested in taking phone calls & preparing to leave early. I guess you have to be a "favorite" patient to get any real attention.

November 30th, 2015
Remicade infusion was terrible. Not sure if any of it got in vein. Been having these treatments for years and he would not insert needle where I know it works the best for me. Not very sanitary conditions.

October 21st, 2014
Terrible. Avoid at all costs. Not knowledgeable at all, and rude to boot.

October 13th, 2014
Stay Away!
This review is my recollection of the events that occurred during and after my appointments with Dr. Freed. He answered his cell phone in the exam room, TWICE, to argue over a tee time. I don't tolerate that kind of behavior from my own children, let alone from a doctor that I'm paying to provide a professional service. I got the results of my diagnostic work and promptly found a new doctor. Two years later, I received a screaming, harassing phone call from a super shady collection agency who said that Freed had sold my "delinquent account" to them and I had to pay immediately, or else. With a little research, I discovered that he sent me to collections for a $5.00 co-pay that I had records of having paid. His so-called bookkeeper refused to discuss the issue with me, or correct their own records. I'm STILL getting calls about this bogus charge. I can see from the other reviews on this site that I am just one of many people that he has, in my opinion, ripped off.

April 4th, 2013
Terrible with billing
The experience with Robert Freed has been infuriatingly frustrating. I left the initial consulting appointment with there being no confirmed diagnosis. And he informs me to come back when the pain is worse. I prepared to pay the co-pay I went to the front desk and the lady proceeds to inform me that they will confirm with my insurance if any payment is needed. I tell her that I'll need to pay the co-pay and she says she'll bill me if needed to. So I leave and receive a bill with my name incorrectly spelled a few months later. I received the bill late because I had moved. I paid the bill and sent an updated address along with it. I see that the check is cashed. But another month later I received a late payment notice. Then I get another notice a month after that. So I call the office and explain that the check was cashed. And the lady apologizes and asks me to send over a copy of the cashed check. I fax it over. And then today I get notice that there's a statement of delinquency. Faxed the cashed check over again. This office really needs to get it together.

March 10th, 2013
Seek another doctor for accurate diagnosis!
After several months of battling an unknown disease I was referred to Dr. Freed. Initially I felt relief that I might finally get some answers. Boy was I wrong! I felt like he just didn't want to take the time to figure it out. After several months I requested a second opinion and got approval. The new Reumatologist had one 30 minute visit with me and send me for a series of lab tests and a CT scan. 4 weeks later I go in for a follow up and he has a proper diagnosis for me! Both labs and CT were clear as day. I searched for answers for over 2 years (7 specialist) in excruciating pain just to get Dr. Freed who did nothing but give me Meds and no real answers. I see a new Reumatologist and with a 30 minute exam, history /record review new labs & CT scan he was able to properly diagnose me! I left feeling such a sense of relief knowing what is wrong and anger because I suffered far too long due to Dr. Freed's practices. My diagnosis is not rare by any means!! This should have been Reumatology 101 diagnosis for a Reumatologist with over 20 years experience! I count my blessing for finding a competent Reumatologist that is able & WILLING to help me.

February 21st, 2013
Dr. Freed Does Not Care About His Patients, Period.
Dr. Freed was my mom's Rheumatologist for a little over a year and she could have died under his practice if -- by the grace of God -- I was not there the day she was being administered Remicade. She was receiving this infusion on a monthly basis for well over a year and on every visit to see him, he would mutter a couple of words, jot some things down on a chart, start the infusion and leave the room for hours. On this particular day, my mom went into anaphylactic shock in which case I had to grab him out of his office. At first he just lowered the dosage (he would do a 4 hour drip procedure and try to crunch it into 2 hours) but when my mom's symptoms started to get really bad, I had to grab him again and this time he administered benadryl and steroids to counter the allergic reaction. She was rushed to the ER by paramedics. Luckily for my mom, I told Dr. Freed to "do something!" and he administered the right combination of drugs so my mom lived but the entire incident could have been prevented with better care and proper practicing procedures by the doctor. On the Remicade website, it specifically states that the drug must be administered under supervision -- he failed to do so and almost cost us my mom's life. It is really a sad thing to see someone like Dr. Freed in this medical field, which requires special attention and care for disabled patients. He does not care about his patients and quite frankly -- based on our personal experience -- all he cares about is the money. It's really pathetic and I hope my write-up can help any current/future doctors with some insight from a patient's perspective.

October 11th, 2011
Worst service every experienced - staff is rude and not helpful
I would never recommend this medical professional to anyone. The doctor spent all but 5 minutes with me and basically asked me to self diagnois.Medical bill was sent to me in error and they submitted the incorrect codes to my insurance. They refused to resubmit to my insurance with the correct information. They wanted me to pay the full amount and ask for reimbursement from my insurance company, when they billed it incorrect in the first place. Called several times and the staff was rude and not helpful.

July 11th, 2011
Professional
Knows his area of expertise

January 20th, 2011
Excellent physician

October 12th, 2010
Awfull....
He's rude, he does not seem to care. If you don't understand something, forget it he won't explain. Need advice on your medical problem, don't even try asking. And his staff, awfull service they are very rude, they will never have patience with you, it seems they are always in a bad mood, & when you ask a question they will always give you a laugh & say " I don't understand what you are trying to tell me"

September 29th, 2010
DOESN"T KEEP UP ON RECENT STUDIES
If you want to go to a dr. that only has the info available 30 yrs. ago, go to him.(In my opinion)