Internists, Psychiatrist
7777 Forest Ln
Ste C833
Dallas, TX 75230
972-566-4591
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  What a waste of what could have been  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2014

a very good doctor. Unfortunately, said Dr. works for a 15 min in and out "fast food" approach to patients.He has learned that writing as many scripts as possible pays the bills and supports fancy vacations. He is all to quick to pawn you off on one his two VERY intimidating and insincere "nurses" I ever encountered. Be wary..phone calls about adverse reactions to new medications could get you sent to "Green Oaks" to be assessed. I am sorry but why would I go to Green Oaks to be assessed when just having difficulty transit meds?? Something is not sitting well with me ... On the chance you do get a phone call back if you don't answer you have lost your chance .. how many times does one answer an "unknown phone call??If someone does leave a message the messages make you feel like you are doing something wrong.The only "wrong" here was being prescribed the "wrong" meds,After almost three years of never missing appts, always on time doing what i am told to do,, I was basically shown the door. ( maybe because I came packing document after document of everything bad that could and did happen while transitions meds... such a shame .Next time you are in the waiting room 'listen closely as the Dr.s blurt out patients names every five to ten minutes I wouldn't be surprised if you heard :"do you want a side of meds with that" This is just my opinion and everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion, moreover one SHOULD be entitled to quality care and top notch service ,, hey you or someone is paying big bucks for your well being .and one should receive the" bananas foster treatment of sorts every time" but alas you get treated like you are "bananas" Go figure

|  Horrible DR.  |  show details
by Chad Pennington on Mar 26th, 2014

Had to wait an hour to see his PA who was rude and un-attentive. Went in to see him because of the medication I was on was causing headaches and stomach issues. After talking to the PA, I was put back in the waiting room for 45 minutes. Finally get to see Dr. Freele and the PA in the same room at the same time. Get accused of IV'ing drugs which I never Have in my life, and get told to stay on the same medication to see how it goes for another month. I have been on it for 6 months! I know how it goes! I got screwed out of $290 dollars.

|  show details
by Satisfied Customer on Mar 26th, 2013

I don't get the reviews where it's complaining about how your insurance covers the visits. That's your issue. That has nothing to do with the quality of the doctor's care. I may have a high deductible, but I can say that Dr. Freele's care is great. He's very compassionate, caring, and patient with me. He's helped me throughout the year with my medications and I do get a response if I have a question. The staff is nice to me, I didn't know it was a problem with others. They call me back to confirm appointments, and they seem friendly. Like most psychiatrists, it can take weeks to get an appointment, but that's not saying they lack quality.

|  Guy is a total moron  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2012

Biggest waste of time. I could tell that this guy has by far more issues than probably all his patients.

|  one of the worst doctors i have ever encountered.  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2012

My husband and I drove 5 hours away to see Dr.Freele and he basicly turned me away.The staff on the phone said he would be able to help us and where we live there is not a doctor in the area that specializes in the area that he does. I was desperate enough to drive all the way there and when he came in he did not give me any encouragement nor did he offer any other options or other doctors that could help us.When i got back home i looked up how many doctors in the dallas/Fort worth area that does specialize in his area and he could of recomended us to go there instead of turning me away in desperation and tears without any help or kind words or advice that would of been possible for us. I really hope that nobody has to ever go through what i did and i dont recomend that someone needing help drive hours to meet this doctor.

|  A Great Doc!  |  show details
May 14th, 2012

Over the years I've moved several times, I felt right at home with Dr Freele right away. I've been seeing him over 4 years now. I won't want to change, he's been one of the best! Best of all he has a good sense of humor,which I feel is a must in my case. Glad he's my doc.

|  Financially-driven mental health care, personified  |  show details
May 8th, 2012

I researched these physician reviews before scheduling my first visit. For this reason, feel obliged to share my own experience, which was not good. I'm glad some patients seem to have gotten something of value from this doctor. All I got was a sheaf of prescriptions, a sense of frustration, and $200 co-pay liberated from my wallet. I was constrained in my choice of doctors to participants in TX Blue Cross/Blues Shield plan. I came to my first appointment with high hopes of getting some relief from a downward spiraling pattern of depression, insomnia, and adult ADD. I had prepared a set of notes I believed would be helpful in providing a background and history, in an effort to shorten the initial "learning curve". This proved to have been a waste of my time. 15 minutes after my scheduled appointment time, I was ushered in to meet not with the doctor, but with a P.A., who led me through a set of standardized questions, which I found extremely difficult to answer and largely irrelevant to my situation. My carefully prepared notes sat unused, and I don't feel I was ever given an adequate opportunity to explain why I had come. Eventually, after a briefing by his P.A. (which took place out of my hearing), Dr. Freele himself came in, and spent 5 (?) minutes with me.... perhaps a bit more, together with the P.A. He seemed perceptive and insightful, and the tone of the visit improved markedly, but it was over much too soon to form even a preliminary impression regarding his capabilities. I was handed a sheaf of prescriptions, including one for for "Abilify", which turned out to be ridiculously unaffordable. I was then asked to fork over a $200 co-pay for my initial visit. I felt like I had been through the sort of fee-generating mill that modern U.S. medical system has become. I can't say if the Abilify would have helped me, as the cost is beyond my means. As to Dr. Freele himself, I expected medical care... spelled "C-A-R-E", and do not feel I received it. I won't be back.

|  show details
Nov 5th, 2011

No bedside manner, does not listen and rarely looks at you when you are talking. Totally MISREAD my bloodwork. Had I not looked at it myself and taken it directly to my Primary Care Physician, I could have gotten very sick. If a physician has not gone through what a patient has gone through and is not capable of EMPATHY, then that physician should learn the meaning of SYMPATHY.

|  Didn't like the system  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2011

My very first visit I spend time filling out a ream of paperwork that no one bothered to look at. Then I was taken to a room by a nurse practitioner who asked me the same questions on the paperwork and entered stuff into the computer. She printed out a paper and took it to the Dr. He then came in and told me what he recommended. I am not happy with a Dr. who makes medication recommendations without having eyeballed or even spoken directly to the patient.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
Mar 31st, 2011

Dr. Freele is a very intelligent Psychiatrist. He takes time to listen to how you're feeling and always has a solution. He's a genuinely kind doctor. I'll always be grateful to him for helping me during a not so happy time in my life. He isn't my doctor anymore, but only because I needed a Psychiatrist whom was closer to where I live. If you're looking for a Psychiatrist in the Dallas/Medical City area, I would highly recommend Dr. Freele.

|  Best doctor ever - I feel fortunate that I found him  |  show details
by Rebecca Marie on May 27th, 2010

Dr. Freele is the kindest, most caring and excellent psychiatrist that I have ever had. Not only does he really pay attention to your symptoms, but he is brilliant and finding the cause and deciding what medication you might need. I have improved leaps and bounds since he became my doctor, quite by accident. I was going through a really rough patch and I was in an outpatient program at Green Oaks. He was the attending physician a couple days there and he gave me hope and made me feel normal. He also changed my medicine because he was able to spot what I really needed. After that, I transferred to him, and I've been with him for 5 years now. I don't have to go very often, because life has never been better. But I am and always will be grateful to him for his sincere concern for me as a patient and human being. I didn't feel that way with other doctors. He also has the greatest sense of humor! He seems like he would be the perfect dad, even though he's way too young to be my dad. But he's just that warm and kind. And most importantly, he knows what he's doing and he's very accurate. Thank you Dr. Freele!!!