Dr. Robert Frets MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 11th, 2016
A hard review to write.
I titled this a hard review to write because that is what it is. I am torn between the type of person (professionally) Dr. Frets is and what I believe was a serious medical mistake on his part. Dr. Frets is about the best doctor I have had in regards to what you would expect from a doctor. I believe he does care about his patients and his bedside manner is exceptional. However an accurate diagnosis is about the most important thing a doctor can do for a patient. This is where I believe the mistake took place. I went to Dr. Frets with various complaints that he eventually told me there was nothing he could clinically find wrong. I went to another doctor about 5 to 6 months later and that doctor immediately ordered an ultrasound which found a large kidney tumor. I have lost my entire kidney due to the tumor. I was told by the surgeon who removed my kidney that I had probably had the tumor for a year or more. So the questions I have are as follows. Why did Dr. Frets not order an ultrasound for me? If he had ordered the ultrasound could I have saved my entire kidney or at least part of it? The truth of what happened after the last appointment I had with Dr. Frets and what he told me, was I thought I was imaging the symptoms and there was nothing wrong. Then when the problems got so bad I could not take them anymore months later, that is when I went for a second opinion. The only advice I can give if you see Dr. Frets is if he advises you he cannot do anything for you, get a second opinion.

September 28th, 2015
Excellent Choice for and Internist.
I have been a patient of Dr. Frets for over 20 years. He is extremely competent and accurate in his diagnosis. I have spoken with his numerous colleges and his is highly regarded by them as being one of the best in the area. He is not overly aggressive in treatments which is something I like. He is from the Old School of Doctors that actually care about his patients and that is to be commended. I highly recommend him to anyone looking for an excellent Internist.

October 12th, 2011
Very professional, was recommended to me by a friend. His knowledge & expertise far surpassed my expectations.

November 3rd, 2010
Hurting for patients
Dr. Frets' efforts to retain my father as his patient have been unethical and over the top.