Anesthesiologist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  Pain relief!  |  show details
by Val on Dec 10th, 2013

Dr. Frey is an amazing doctor. He is so compassionate and wants the best for his patients. His staff is also amazing. There is little to no wait time when you arrive at your appointment. I had excruciating back pain before seeing Dr. Frey. He figured out what was wrong and I was treated promptly. I had drawn-out care for four years before I went to him. He is swift and gets to the root of the problem and treats it. He is the perfect doctor for this line of work because he deals with patients with extreme pain. He is so kind and understanding. He listens to what you say and them gives great recommendations. He did a back procedure on me 5 years ago and I never had ANY back pain again until recently due to a hip injury. He is now treating me and I am almost healed. Four stars is not enough for him. I'd give him a million. Thanks, Doc. You rule!

|  George, Ojai, Ca  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2012

Dr. Frey is a very compassionate doctor, who honestly cares about his patients. With the very complex and life-degrading injuries he sees daily, patients like myself find Dr. Frey to be openly honest and friendly, very professional, and a spot-on medical scientist. Not only that, he will sit (next to you) and talk for an hour, if its needed. In the 10 years of living with debilitating nerve damage, and after visiting many specialized surgeons, Dr. Frey is the best yet. I have trusted him with my care, meds, epidural injections, alternative techniques, research, and in surgery. Did I mention his sense of humor? His unerring faith? His endless hope in the face if crushing pain? This is a good doctor and wonderful guy all rolled into one. Office staff are very professional, helpful, but at times very busy with demanding (in pain and medicated) clientele. Keep Hope alive.

|  Great Doctor if you can overlook his staff  |  show details
Aug 23rd, 2012

My only complaints are with his office staff, specifically front and back office. I have no issues with the nurses or PA. Dr. Frey schedules appointments every 3 months. Not a huge deal and standard in the field. When leaving my visit in February, I went to make my "May" appointment which would have been toward the end of the month. They gave me a Monday and specific time. As I am putting it into my Blackberry, I notice that it IS the end of May and ask if they will even be open as that may be Memorial Day weekend. THANKFULLY, I brought this to their attention and I could immediately be rescheduled but the sad part was the fact they already had 6 appointments scheduled for a day they would be closed! My second complaint comes from the fact they have your medical file and paperwork. Various insurances write authorizations for different lengths of time. I have 8 different doctors I frequent on a routine and regular basis throughout the year. Not ONE of them has EVER NOT informed me of my authorization expiring. As it so happens, my February appointment was made and kept. It was not until I received a bill for over $300 for the visit that I found out my authorization had expired. That was remedied and the May visit covered however there is/was still an outstanding balance for February. Well, my next appointment was to be today, however last night at 4:50 pm, I received a call from the Billing Department (Emily) saying that she is cancelling my appointment for tomorrow because of the balance due. Really? You wait until the day before and leave 4 messages and not until the last message do you say you are going to cancel because of a balance that is YOUR offices fault to begin with? Heaven forbid I was actually having some fun for a change and met up with some friends in LA and spent the entire day indisposed at a spa. Or possibly that I might be making said payment when I come in for the appointment tomorrow. Your office can make dang sure it gets paid but cant do simple follow up to make sure the authorizations are current so that you can GET paid? That seems like inefficient office management and someone has really dropped the ball on this one. As I said I see no less than 8 doctors on a regular basis and my husband sees 6. Never ONCE have we had a claim not paid because the office didn't have proper authorizations from ANY of them. If we weren't about to be restationed/retiring and leaving the area in 4 months, I would take my business to another office. Really a shame that the office staff really brings this business down because Dr. Frey is truly a fantastic doctor!

|  EXCELLENT RELIEF FROM BACK PAIN  |  show details
by Patricia Fett on Apr 18th, 2010

Great doctor who was always very responsive and relieved my back pain which I had for many years. The doctor went out of his way to help me.