by Carlene Swift on Oct 30th, 2015

Excellent Dr, and great staff.

The guy you want next to you when you're really hurt show details The guy you want next to you when you're really hurt
by GT on Sep 16th, 2015

After 13 years of moderate chronic pain, Dr. Robert Frey is one of the only compassionate pain specialists I have known -out of a good 15 odd surgeons and ortho's I've been to. Not only does he always smile and make me happy, but he means it, listens, takes up as much time as I want, AND is straight forward. "Oh, I get it!" He says, demonstrating a physical human body ailment on himself, "Its like this..." and he shows me how it is with my spine. Then his treatments for my massive injuries are listed out, science explained in English, and the choices are there for me and my wife to decide. After all the medical stuff is done, I find him practicing outdoor medical rescue in the rough mountain terrain I live in. I have trusted my health and life to this man and his staff in surgeries (two) and would recommend him as a truly caring professional to anyone that has to live with the trying yoke of chronic pain. -GT, busted up lower spine and legs nerves

unprofessional receptionist show details unprofessional receptionist
by raudel Lopez on Jul 21st, 2015

Dr. Frey is an excellent physician. But I'm sorry to say that :His receptionist I believe her name is : Kim! is totally unprofessional rude and un- helpful , in my situation she went as far as to lie when I first made an appointment to see the doctor , she stated that the doctor didn't prescribe opiods for patients no matter how serious the pain may be and if that's what I was looking for, for me to search somewhere else. I did see the doctor anyhow, Witch I'm glad that I didn't take her advice because Dr. Robert Frey is an excellent physician.

Fools in the office show details Fools in the office
Feb 17th, 2015

The office workers are nightmares. They didn't have my appointment set up yet my primany Dr. called it in. I had to be there at 7:30 AM the whole experience was horrid. Dr. Frey seems like a good Dr. but his office help should all be relived of duty.

Pain relief! show details Pain relief!
by Val on Dec 10th, 2013

Dr. Frey is an amazing doctor. He is so compassionate and wants the best for his patients. His staff is also amazing. There is little to no wait time when you arrive at your appointment. I had excruciating back pain before seeing Dr. Frey. He figured out what was wrong and I was treated promptly. I had drawn-out care for four years before I went to him. He is swift and gets to the root of the problem and treats it. He is the perfect doctor for this line of work because he deals with patients with extreme pain. He is so kind and understanding. He listens to what you say and them gives great recommendations. He did a back procedure on me 5 years ago and I never had ANY back pain again until recently due to a hip injury. He is now treating me and I am almost healed. Four stars is not enough for him. I'd give him a million. Thanks, Doc. You rule!

George, Ojai, Ca show details George, Ojai, Ca
Sep 12th, 2012

Dr. Frey is a very compassionate doctor, who honestly cares about his patients. With the very complex and life-degrading injuries he sees daily, patients like myself find Dr. Frey to be openly honest and friendly, very professional, and a spot-on medical scientist. Not only that, he will sit (next to you) and talk for an hour, if its needed. In the 10 years of living with debilitating nerve damage, and after visiting many specialized surgeons, Dr. Frey is the best yet. I have trusted him with my care, meds, epidural injections, alternative techniques, research, and in surgery. Did I mention his sense of humor? His unerring faith? His endless hope in the face if crushing pain? This is a good doctor and wonderful guy all rolled into one. Office staff are very professional, helpful, but at times very busy with demanding (in pain and medicated) clientele. Keep Hope alive.

EXCELLENT RELIEF FROM BACK PAIN show details EXCELLENT RELIEF FROM BACK PAIN
by Patricia Fett on Apr 18th, 2010

Great doctor who was always very responsive and relieved my back pain which I had for many years. The doctor went out of his way to help me.