Internist, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Must Have Hit Him on a Horrible Month  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2011

I see all these great reviews, but my experience was the opposite. He was nice, however, given that all my thyroid levels were normal and only my antibodies were elevated, I was dismissed and told to come back in a year for a check up. Turns out I have had graves disease and hashimotos for years. If he had done the research required by experts in metabolic endocrinology such as Dr. Robert Lowe, he would have been able to make the diagnosis with additional testing. Too bad i've suffered for years due to his lack of knowledge.

|  show details
Jun 7th, 2011

I would recommend him highly. He corrected a bad diagnosis about my thyroid and had cared for me for over 25 years.

|  Long time knowledge of doctor  |  show details
by Kathy O'Donnell on Dec 30th, 2009

I have know Dr.Fuhrman for the past 28yrs when he first correctly diagnosed me with diabetes. Another pediatrician told me I was just sad and it would go away. Dr.Fuhrman listened to the symptoms and though I was only 16, I had type II diabetes. Since then I have grown up and seen how he worked with my father previously and also my grandmother and I found the dr. to be extremely patient with an impatient man, my father. He has been everything from therapist to father to endocrinologist to internest to me. He helps to coordinate all of my many health issues and I don't know how, but he seems to keep on top of them all.He works with me when I am tired of having diabetes and is never willing to give up the fight on finding something to control my diabetes. I try periodically, but I give up when it doesn't work. We work as a team when I let him. We finally found a medicine that along with everything else is making a difference!!!!! I have more hope again. My eyes are much better as well. No time to give up, there is too much living to do. My dad and brother didn't take care of themselves and I don't want to die young like them not that we found something to control my blood sugars. It is because he never gave up and wouldn't let me give up.That's the best quality there can be in a doctor.Some people think he is a little ruff around the edges, but if you give him a chance and work on what you need to, he is really a teddy bear who is a terrific physician/endocrinologist!