Overall Review

2.6

December 3rd, 2015
Forced to be his patient
Terrible... That pretty much sums it up

September 8th, 2014
Threatening patient care
My husband was a patient of Dr Bass for over 9 yrs. He developed a bad cough but Dr Bass was never available to see him... only to be seen by his nurse practitioner. Over 4 months of visits she suggested problem was allergies. Prescribed Flonaise. My husband finally insisted on X-ray and result was diagnosis of small cell lung cancer. We asked for referral to oncologist and office ignored responding until my husband walked in office and requested referral face to face. Response was "we know you're upset but it generally takes 48-72 hours to complete referral"...and no you can't talk to dr. Next they commented that Dr Bass had a certain oncologist he referred but she was on vacation for 2 wks and they'd call us with appointment. We immediately went above them, through insurance company, and directly to another oncologist and my husband was started on chemo treatment within 2 days (as oncologist determined he would have died within 6 weeks without immediate treatment). Response from Dr Bass office was to say the dr no longer wanted my husband as a patient because he wouldn't follow his care plan. And Dr Bass, in writing, said his patients are his first concern. RUN , if you're able, from that office. Patient care is not their motivation!!

January 29th, 2014
MUST READ!!! Find Another Doctor. My husband was his patient for over 10 years. He had a GI bleed and was hospitalized 3-4 days with transfusions. During this time we changed Medicare Ins. Prior to the change we and our ins. broker verified w/ his office that he was in network. Bass refused followup care after hospital release because they were not taking new patients. We wasted 2 valuable weeks waiting for the appt to be turned away. I explained that we had verified 3 times the coverage w/ his staff and that my husband was not a new patient. I wrote the Dr. a letter to explain the circumstances thinking that his incompetent staff had not conveyed the problem. He didn't respond but had his staff call to say no. It took 45 days to find another DR after 2 wild goose chases to non-network Docs. Within 60 days of hospital release without care, my husband survived a HEART ATTACK. The cardiologist said it was probably due to the discontinuation of Plavix and other pain meds following the bleed. My husband needed care and Dr Bass refused to put his Hippocratic oath and my sweet, kind husband over a dollar. We didn't sue but probably should have. More than anything, I wanted to tear him limb from limb! BE WARNED!! He's probably a smart doctor. But Brains with No Heart is worthless in my book!

January 2nd, 2014
Dr. MIA
Dr. Bass likes to micro manage. In the past 3yrs. I haven't seen him face to face. The staff does most of talking, he never takes questions anymore. You have to pick a day when the staff is in a good mood. Other than that you have to kiss some butt to get to get them going. As for test results, you get the results over the phone, no more face to face with the Dr.

June 6th, 2013
Office staff mean, rude and horible!
As I entered the office for my appointment, (on time!) I assisted an elderly gentleman from the waiting room to his car. When I came back in, the staff refused to let me see the doctor, because I was late. (not true!) They made me book another appointment 6 weeks later. At this time, I scheduled services outside the office, like mammograms, skin care, etc. The staff refused to fax my information. They said it was easier for them if I just drove myself to each provider, to give them information and schedule. I had to drive back forth all day gathering signatures and exchanging information. The clerk even used a blue marker to "highlight" my information, making it impossible to read. Yes, I drove back AGAIN. They won't even let me schedule follow ups with Dr Bass. They are rude, arrogant, lazy and incompetent.

July 30th, 2012
Friendly and competent Dr and staff
I have been Dr. Bass' patient for 9 years and have been happy with his treatment of my ongoing health needs. When, over the years, he detected or suspected a need for me to see a specialist, the referrals were excellent choices. Since I am 65 years old, I have had several Family Doctors in different towns but I find that Dr Bass is an excellent Internist and am completely satisfied with him.The only thing I take issue with is the computer check-in for every appointment as if I were a new patient. While it is probably efficient, it just seems too impersonal, but computers have changed a lot of things in this day and time.

June 5th, 2012
Great doctor...wonderful staff
I have been coming to Dr. Bass office for 2 1/2 years. Dr. Bass is a great doc. his staff is always kind and helpful.

July 25th, 2011
LOOK ELSEWHERE...please.
Have been going to this doctor for 4 years and mostly the doctor was ok. However, office staff very unprofessional and new girl Monica appears not too bright. When asked a question, had a blank look on her face as if I was speaking a foreign language. Joe, who answers the phone, not friendly at all & states that office policy only is what will happen, & that the new NP can handle my GYN issues...(not true)...but, guess they were trying to keep all medical issues in their office.Who brings their dog to work? This doctor did. What if patients had severe allergies??? Do not recommend...look elsewhere for doctor.

June 21st, 2011
Do not recommend
Nice office. Unprofessional office staff. Very difficult to get appointment when you are sick. Dr. is arrogant and tries to control your medical issues by keeping all in his office & not happy about referring you out to someone else.Seems more of a business than trying to help the patient. Not always accurate in his diagnosis.

May 12th, 2011
Once you get into see Dr. Bass, he's fine. He's thorough, spends enough time with you, and is friendly enough. But it's a shame...it's obviously more of a business to him than it is a personal medical practice. Seemingly unnecessary referrals for tests make me uncomfortable. (Assume he gets referral fees?) And he seems to be desperately trying to refer many of his patients to the new allergy practice when I didn't go see him for allergy problems. Cold front office staff..long waits while on hold on the telephone..they act like they are doing you, the customer, a favor by serving you. (Gee, I thought it was supposed to be the other way around.)

April 19th, 2011
Don't recommend
The office staff is very unproffesional and non-friendly. You can't get into see the doctor when you are sick, you have to see a nurse practioner. I had an oppointment to see this NP and showed up for my appt on time. The staff said my appt time was 10 min earlier. Pretty much called me a liar on the time. Refused to see because they said the appt was 10 min earlier and I was late. Even if I misunderstood the appt time. 10 min. "REALLY" Again not seeing the doctor seeing an NP. This is just the last straw. I have found a new doctor.

October 23rd, 2010
UNCARING MD--RUDE/DISRESPECTFUL OFFICE STAFF
I have been seeing Dr. Bass for about three years and found him to be a good doctor for the most part. However, his office staff was normally rude, disrespectful and out-of-control in both telephonic and in-person contacts. The last straw for me was an incident after I had been hospitalized for a weekend emergency. As directed by the attending Hospital MD and GI MD, I called Dr. Bass to advise him abnormal blood test results and to obtain a recommendation for an appointmenr with a hemotologist. My 1st obstacle was Monica the young reception who advised than Dr. Bass was with a patient and that "she could handle any issue I had". I advised her that I needed to talk to Dr. Bass and to please ask him to call me. Monica said she couldn't so than and insisted I related my reason for wanting to talk to Dr. Bass which I did. She place me on hold for several minutes and then put Betty (bookkeeper I think)on the phone. Betty then persisted in advising I couldn't talk to Dr. Bass and that she needed to know what my issue was about. I again provided the details and Betty said she would advise Dr. Bass and they would call me back. About three hours later, Betty called and advised she had told Dr. Bass what my issue was and Dr. Bass had instructed her to tell me that I would have to get an appointment and come to the office to discuss my issues. This was undoubtedly the worst case of unprofessional and uncaring treatment I ever experienced in my 26 years active duty USAF and 21 years of as an executive USAF civilian at worldwide locations. After watching Dr. Bass and his staff exhibiting this behavior over a long period of time, I would not recommend this MD to anyone.