A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Carlson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Carlson, Surgeon, Primary Care is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Carlson
Bowel Incontinence Patient Education Our bowel incontinence patient education guide explains causes and treatment options for fecal issues.Before Visiting Dr. Carlson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Carlson, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Cardiac Surgical Procedures
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Disease
- Myocardial Infarction
Education & Awards
Dr. Carlson graduated from Wright State University, Dayton. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Carlson has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- HCA Blake Medical Center
- Doctors Hospital Of Sarasota
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Robert Gregory Carlson MD is a male Surgeon, has 25 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Robert G. Carlson practice?
- Dr. Robert Carlson has 1 office location.
Dr. Robert Carlson practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Sarasota, FL.
See Sarasota Surgeons.