Dr. Robert Watkins, MD
Video profile

3.0

|  C6,C7 disc replacement in neck  |  show details
by Richard F. on Aug 14th, 2013

I found the Watkins clinic and Dr. Watkins IV to be outstanding. The ultimate measure is that the surgery they did on my neck went extremely well. After 3 to 4 weeks from the surgery my neck pain and arm weakness was 90% gone. I can not tell that I have lost any mobility at all in my neck movement. I used to take 2-4 hydrocodone a day to deal with the pain. I have not had to take one in the last 6 weeks. For any one with a disk issue in their neck that is causing them pain and numbness or weakness in their arms I would highly recommend Dr. Watkins and his clinic.

|  Fantastic Doctor!  |  show details
by Marie H. on Aug 12th, 2013

I thought Dr Watkins Jr was fantastic! Two other surgeons recommended surgery for me. Dr Watkins Jr spent a lot of time with me and explained my condition. He recommended we try physical therapy instead of surgery. I am still having some pain, but I am much better and think I can avoid surgery. He is a very compassionate doctor who listens to me.

|  Think Twice  |  show details
by brkbck on Feb 8th, 2013

I met with this Dr. in regards to a lumbar injury. I expressed my concerns about surgery and that I wanted to pursue pallative / non-surgical treatment as advertised on his web site.. He didn't seem too "enthusiastic" about this, but when the topic of $urgery (MAJOR) was discussed he was quite "jubilant" real "buddy buddy." I will go elsewhere. Think Twice!

|  A Blessing  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2012

I had pain for 13 years that had gotten worse with my first pregnancy. At the age of 29 I was told I was in the need of a spinal fusion due to Spondylelosthesis. I had seen two surgeons before Dr. Watkins, but he was different. He walked me through all of my x-rays and scans, educating me about my condition and what it meant for me. He also walked me through all of the things he would try before he said a surgery was necessary. However, due to my previous years of trying to rid my body of the pain, we knew PT, injections, chiropractics, and acupuncture would not help at all. While I was waiting to decide if surgery was right for me, Dr. Watkins was available for questions. I would email him and he would respond quickly, no longer than 12-24 hours. Even after I decided to to have surgery I would get nervous and email him, and he would put me at ease about the procedure. Pre-op appointments with him and his team where very educational and comforting. He meets with a team of Dr.'s to decide what they will do, and you really feel at ease knowing they talk through and decide the best possible procedures just for you and all of your circumstances. I went in feeling at ease about the whole thing. After I woke up from surgery I felt like the most important person to my Dr.'s. Watkins would visit, take his time, and make sure I was taken care of. His whole team came by to check on me, and encouraged my progress in every way! I left the hospital feeling happy, pain free, and well taken care of. I am 8 months post op and I am pain free! I still email Dr. Watkins between visits, and his staff is working with us on paying for my surgery since insurance would cover it. YIKES, right?! But no matter the cost, I would go to him again! They are helpful, patient, and caring. I wish all my Dr.'s were like this. Please know you can trust this Dr. and his staff. They all want what's best for YOU. I would trust them with my spine any day :)-Harmony

|  Excellent Surgeon - Perfect Result  |  show details
Jun 13th, 2012

I had a complex spine surgery on December 31, 2011, after many years of severe back, leg and nerve pain. Two fusions with two new disks, six screws and the associated hardware. The nerve pain and the leg pain were gone immediately after the surgery. Follow up was, and still is, excellent. Current x-rays confirm complete success. Before and after surgery Dr. Watkins listens carefully to his patients and provides patients with detailed analysis and choices on how to proceed.Dr.Watkins is an excellent surgeon that I would recommend whole heartedly to my family and all my friends.

|  show details
May 23rd, 2012

Aftercare not as one would expect. Discharged from hops, without instructions.. Not much followup

|  OUTSTANDING DOCTOR  |  show details
Oct 2nd, 2011

He has given me empathy for the spinal surgery I had done with him. Even though things were not good, he is very optimistic about finding a solution. He is compassionate and gives you his full attention both in the office and in the hospital.

|  Very Intelligent doctor that does not jump right into suggesting surgery  |  show details
Jul 4th, 2011

I have been to many doctors to try to figure out a solution for my constant back pain & neck pain. After one visit Dr. Watkins Jr. found my source of pain and suggested surgery to correct my problem which was created from a car accident. I have not had the surgery yet but am on the road to recovery and am so relieved & excited that I have a chance to get my life back! Dr. Watkins was very careful when reviewing all my documents from several doctors and he found my problem from the MRI's, x-rays, doctor reports and my Discogram and my physical he performed. I thank God that after 3 years of suffering he has been able to find the source of pain and has a surgery that will correct my pain that is constantly keeping me from doing what I want to do. He is a blessing sent from up above. I am so grateful to know that after this surgery my neck will be next to fix and I can finally return to school and finish what I have always wanted to do without having to deal with pain on a daily basis. Thank you Dr. Watkins Jr.- Elise

|  Spinal Stenosis  |  show details
Jun 10th, 2009

Both Dr. Robert Watkins III and Dr. Robert Watkins Jr. have knowledge and have done research beyond what most doctors have. After seeing many doctors, and being in pain for almost a year, I was recommended to the Marina Spine Center. The Watkins believe in physical therapy and other procedures, leaving surgery for the last option. I can honestly say, I am pain free and hope to go many more years before I have to have surgery.