Dr. Robert Watkins IV Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Watkins IV?

February 11th, 2017

Dr Watkins Jr is very knowledgeable, professional, courteous and patient. Discussed what my surgery would involve and he went over my MRI and CT scan results. Also gave me his email address if I had any more questions. The entire process from front desk to Dr Watkins was very positive

September 2nd, 2016

L4-L5 Fusion

I have been a patient of Dr. Watkins Jr. for over 2.5 years and have suffered from lumbar back pain for most of a decade. After trying several rounds of PT and steroid injections over the course of several years I recently went in for fusion surgery. Six months post surgery and I am happy to say I am feeling SO much better. Thank You Dr. Watkins! Great doctor and a great staff at both his office and Marina del Rey Hospital where he performed the surgery. Go see him if you suffer from back pain. You'll be in good hands!

July 6th, 2016

Performed surgery on me for a herniated disk. Very successful surgery , bedside manner was excellent, and his follow up was outstanding. I had a few issues and called him on the weekend to discuss and he was very attentive and walked me thru the process. Would highly recommend .

February 7th, 2015

He fixed what another Dr left and I am greatful

January 17th, 2015

I went to the Marina Spine Center and saw Dr Robert Watkins IV ("junior") for my back pain. I am a die hard sports fan and knew that they were the doctors for professional athletes. I was really surprised that I was able to get an appointment so quickly. I had to wait about an hour to be seen, but actually enjoyed looking at all the sports jerseys and other collectibles that they have from famous people they have treated. Dr Watkins spent a lot of time with me, explaining my condition and treatment options. I wanted to have surgery to fix the back pain that has been bothering me for 4 years! He explained to me that surgery was not for me and my condition. While this was extremely disappointing, I realize that he is right, and I really appreciate the good advice he gave me. Despite the fact he is famous for operating on professional athletes, he spent a lot of time to explain why I should't have surgery. I trust him with my life. He referred me to a great physical therapist who I am working with now. If I ever need surgery, I am definitely going back to him

August 14th, 2013

C6,C7 disc replacement in neck

I found the Watkins clinic and Dr. Watkins IV to be outstanding. The ultimate measure is that the surgery they did on my neck went extremely well. After 3 to 4 weeks from the surgery my neck pain and arm weakness was 90% gone. I can not tell that I have lost any mobility at all in my neck movement. I used to take 2-4 hydrocodone a day to deal with the pain. I have not had to take one in the last 6 weeks. For any one with a disk issue in their neck that is causing them pain and numbness or weakness in their arms I would highly recommend Dr. Watkins and his clinic.

August 12th, 2013

Fantastic Doctor!

I thought Dr Watkins Jr was fantastic! Two other surgeons recommended surgery for me. Dr Watkins Jr spent a lot of time with me and explained my condition. He recommended we try physical therapy instead of surgery. I am still having some pain, but I am much better and think I can avoid surgery. He is a very compassionate doctor who listens to me.

February 8th, 2013

Think Twice

I met with this Dr. in regards to a lumbar injury. I expressed my concerns about surgery and that I wanted to pursue pallative / non-surgical treatment as advertised on his web site.. He didn't seem too "enthusiastic" about this, but when the topic of $urgery (MAJOR) was discussed he was quite "jubilant" real "buddy buddy." I will go elsewhere. Think Twice!

May 23rd, 2012

Aftercare not as one would expect. Discharged from hops, without instructions.. Not much followup

October 2nd, 2011

OUTSTANDING DOCTOR

He has given me empathy for the spinal surgery I had done with him. Even though things were not good, he is very optimistic about finding a solution. He is compassionate and gives you his full attention both in the office and in the hospital.

June 10th, 2009

Spinal Stenosis

Both Dr. Robert Watkins III and Dr. Robert Watkins Jr. have knowledge and have done research beyond what most doctors have. After seeing many doctors, and being in pain for almost a year, I was recommended to the Marina Spine Center. The Watkins believe in physical therapy and other procedures, leaving surgery for the last option. I can honestly say, I am pain free and hope to go many more years before I have to have surgery.

August 8th, 2008