Dr. Robert Gabel MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 9th, 2015
A great doctor
Dr Gabel has a very sympathetic bed side manner. He spends lots of time with you at each visit.

October 3rd, 2015
Have been going to dr Gabel for about 30 years. He is an excellent Doctor. He makes you feel like you're his only patient

April 13th, 2015
Excellent
Among the many serious medical problems that my late mother faced was a severe case of arthritis. She found Dr. Gabel to be very helpful, and developed an excellent rapport with his office staff. I accompanied her on many of her consultations, and he impressed me as commonsensical and caring. Particularly memorable is how he took the time to send me a lengthy handwritten note of condolence after I had informed his staff of her death. She had become a patient of his after receiving high recommendations from several friends and neighbors.

October 14th, 2013
Dismissed me right away- turns out I have Lupus
My experience in this office was horrible! I went to see Dr. Gabel at the recommendation of my father. He was diagnosed with RA years ago and liked how much time Dr. Gabel spent with patients. Dr. Gabel looked at the tests my general practitioner had done, only one of which was rheumatology based, and did a physical exam. He told me that I did not have a connective tissue issue and that he was "almost never wrong". I had extreme joint pain, fatigue and a malar rash. After the first visit it was very hard to get a hold of him or make a schedule an appointment with him. He just was not interested. Obviously, I got a second opinion that involved more thorough testing and it turns out I have lupus. It took six months to diagnose because of Dr. Gabel's obstinance. He's probably great if you've already been diagnosed or you have a very clear-cut case but with anything else, he could not care less. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!!

June 11th, 2013
The best Rheumatoid MD in NJ
My husband was diagnosed with SLE in 2001 by Dr. Gabel. He is friendly, extremely caring, and listens to not only his client, but to his client's family. We appreciate everything he has done for my husband and it is well worth traveling from central NJ to Red Bank to see him. The office staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Our family strongly recommends Dr. Gabel. He is the best Rheumatoid MD in NJ.

October 22nd, 2012
Joy
I am so happy to have found Dr. Gabel. His office staff is very pleasant, courteous and professional. Dr. Gabel has a caring bedside manner. He listens and does not rush you through the appointment. He has been accurate in diagnosing my condition and prescribed the right medicine. I am feeling so much better since I started with Dr. Gabel just a few months ago.