Neurological Surgeons, Neurologist (brain, nervous system), Surgical Specialist
24 Research Way
Ste 200
East Setauket, NY 11733
631-444-1213
Locations and availability (8)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  show details
Oct 25th, 2013

Stay away from this disgusting excuse for a doctor. He basically told me I was fat thats whats causing my pain. Then left the room. What doctor does that?

|  Very Happy  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2013

Very professional. Very happy with the results my surgery and all my dealings with Dr Galler and staff. Highly recommend him. I was in Stony Brook for 1 night after my surgery and I was very impressed by the quality of the care I received.

|  Seriously?  |  show details
by Actual Patient on May 9th, 2013

I'm not sure who James Barlow saw but it was not Dr. Galler. I was in a car accident and my neck was broken. I couldnt move my legs. At 3AM Dr. Galler did my surgery and saved my life. I was hurting a lot after but now I am running my first half marathon next week. I would be dead if not for him.

|  AMAZING  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2012

Iam a 66 year old woman and Dr. Galler has changed my life for the better. The moment I met him ..I trusted him..within minutes I knew he was going to do my surgery and it was going to be a success. If I had not had a stroke prior to my cervical spine surgery( It was ten months before)I would be a 100%!! (I still have residual effects from my stroke)But his surgery even seemed to help all of that!! I know he has made my life better..and for that I will be eternally grateful. Thank you Dr. Galler and everyone at New York Spine and Brain Surgry for everything!!

|  Re; Dr. Raanan and his staff  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2011

I had an appointment yesterday at 9 morning in Riverhead with Dr. Raanan, i left the office at 10:30 without seeing the doctor, the person at the front desk was very rude, i got up to remind her that i had a 9 o'clock appointment 2 times and both times she told me that the doctor was not ready to see me yet, I have never had this experience before, never have i waited for a doctor for 1 1/2 hrs, without someone saying what the problem was, it was very frustrating to say the least. VERY UMPROFESSIONAL, THEY HAVE NO MANNER, NO CONSIDERATION. I WATCHED A COUPLE WHO HAD A 9:15 APPOINTMENT BEING TOLD THAT DR. RAANAN, DID HAVE THE TIME TO SEE THEM. SORRY DR. RAANAN IS NOT FOR ME.

|  L4 and L5  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2011

Dr Galler performed the surgery over a year ago and I have zero complaints and nothing but compliments and only the upmost respect for him as a Surgeon/Doctor/Person. Diagnosis and recovery were right on the money. A year later other then the scar I fell great. Thanks again for everything Dr Galler. Excellent staffs that are very professional they put me right at ease. Constantly recommend him to friends and co workers who have back issues. I would go no were else.

|  caring physician  |  show details
Aug 16th, 2011

He spent time to discuss my condition and was complete. Office was efficient.

|  Fast, indifferent and uncaring.  |  show details
Jun 2nd, 2011

I had to see Dr. Galler for and opinion about implanting a neuro stimulator. After a long wait he raced into the examination room, didn't look at any of my paperwork other than my MRI which he wanted redone because he didn't like the quality. My insurance company wouldn't approve a second MRI. Never looked at the reams of paperwork that I brought (they requested it). Never saw him again. Best way to describe this experience was like a MacDonald's drive through, except faster. Good luck...

|  Negative Comments are misguided  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2010

I brought my father to see Dr. Galler. The office was pleasant and we were greeted with a smile. After filling out paperwork we met with the surgeon. He answered our questions and gave us his opinion. We felt we could trust Dr. Galler and would recommend him to any of our friends or family.

|  Dont listen to negative comments, he saved my life.  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2010

Excellent experience

|  Total Indifference.  |  show details
Sep 12th, 2010

Visited Dr. Galler for a second option. He made no eye contact and was obviously in a hurry. Asked that I bring all my previous tests and never looked at them. Suggested that I have my MRI repeated which my insurance company would not approve and that was the last I heard from him. If you're in pain, don't waste your time seeing Dr. Galler.