Dr. Robert Gazmarian MD Patient Reviews

• Sports Medicine Van Nuys, CA

3.8

June 28th, 2013
I really liked him!
Dr. Gazmarian came in smiling. While very professional, he has an easy-going manner and a great sense of humor. Very warm and personable. Took time for a thorough exam and explained my condition clearly and concisely. Patiently answered all my questions. He explained my options and helped me decide on treatment. I decided on Physical Therapy for my bursitis, and he asked me to phone him in a few weeks and let him know how it's going. I don't blame him for the long wait before the appointment -- I think that has to do with the scheduling policies of SCOI (Southern Calif. Ortrhopedic Institute), as my husband and I have had long waits to see other SCOI physicians, as well..I highly recommend Dr. Gazmarian.

October 9th, 2012
Good doctor -Very personable
Came in smiling, was very personable. Explained my xray results in detail, gave me options to try first, before going to more invasive and expensive procedures.Still continuing treatment and improving- will write back if things change.

October 6th, 2012
Pleasantly surprised
I was very apprehensive after reading these reviews. To my surprise Dr. Gazmarian came in smiling, making me laugh, taking time for examination, answered all my questions and explained everything. Gave me options and was asking what I would like to do and what options I felt comfortable with. He was very personable and warm and even advised if I had more question I can call and discuss over the phone instead of making an appointment. Yes you have to wait a while for your appointment but he is spending time with his patients so one knows that he is not hurrying through a consultation.I would recommend him enytime.

February 9th, 2012
Poor Diagnosis / Worse Doctor/ Be Careful
If you see this "Doctor" for a work related injury and you been send there by the insurance Company.You are in problems. He is 100% PRO insurance company minimizing you condition and trying to give you cortisone shots or mild physical therapy and only x-rays. He will never be agree to an ultra sound, MRI or cat scan those are to expensive to the insurance company.He will never let you talk or accept opinions or request of care, after all he will let you go on you own after insurance status of limitation be reach.That what he did to me and I ended up with my condition a lot worse.Now thanks to God I am getting proper care with REAL DOCTORS.You are aware be careful.

September 9th, 2011
paper pusher
All this doctor is interested in is the paperwork and the payment.After waiting for over an hour, for which he didn't even apologize, he was in an upset that I had not filled the paperwork for him. Rude, obnoxious, worse experience ever.

June 2nd, 2011
Great Doctor
Doctor Gazmarian is a very smart, personable Doctor that is very approachable. I am a triathlete and he has taken excellent care of my injuries (which are many) I highly reccomend him