Dr. Robert Gewirtz MD, FACS Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 21st, 2015
Spinal Surgery
Dr. Gewirtz performed emergency spinal surgery on by back. I had minimal pain afterward and continue to improve. Dr. Gewirtz is an extremely skilled surgeon. Feeling fortunate to have had him as my surgeon.

June 18th, 2015
The Best
My son had aneurysm surgery at Riverside where we were repeatedly told by employees that Gerwirtz is simply the best! Not a warm and fuzzy guy but what neurosurgeon is? And besides, who cares - you want him for his superior surgical skills, not a therapy session. The Best!

December 28th, 2013
Aneurysm
Dr. Gewirtz saved my life! I am forever grateful. He preformed emergency surgery on my ruptured brain aneurysm. I have made a complete recovery and live every day to the fullest.

December 24th, 2013
I'm better than ever
I was kind of freaked out when I first found out that I had an aneurysm on my right frontal lobe. It had been found purely on accident when looking the cause of unrelated condition that I have. I was sent to Dr.Gerwitz's office for a consultation and after testing, they found that was locate in such a way that a craniotomy was my only option. I can't say that . Gerwirtz was warm and fuzzy, he came across with total confidence. I had several medical employees tell me that if they had to have this kind of surgery, they would choose him. I also have 2 close friends that work at Riverside hospital assure me, that they would have no one else. Luckily I was in a very good place and wasn't worried on my scheduled surgery day. I saw Dr. Gerwirtz before and after surgery. I woke up and had pancakes to eat. Of course I did have the expected pain, it was managed by pain meds and a week later all I was taking was Tylenol 2times a day. The amount of hair shaved was minimal and I combed over hair to cover it. My scar healed beautifully and 6mo. later my hair has grown back and on my last appt. Dr. Gerwirtz told me that I had healed really well and that I did not need to come back anymore. I think I made him blush as we walked out of the exam room for the last time, I told him that he had done a really good job and that I had had a lot of people tell me that he was good. If I had to go through this again, I would be on the phone making an appt. with Dr. Gerwitz.

November 14th, 2012
Wonderful Doctor !!!!!
I am very pleased with him. He is the greatest !!!

August 13th, 2012
I saw Dr. Gewirtz for a brain tumor. He accurately diagnosed the condition, promptly scheduled surgery and I was out of the hospital within 2 days. I saw Dr. Gewirtz as a second opinion after a very negative experience at Ohio State University which is supposed to be known for excellence in neurology. I was very pleased with the care I received. Dr. Gewirtz is an expert in his field.

December 27th, 2010
He saved my life!
Dr. Gewirtz honestly saved my life and I will be forever grateful. He tells it like it is and what to expect and he is right on the mark. Thank you Dr. Gwirtz, for saving my life!

May 11th, 2017