A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Gilbert:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Gilbert is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Gilbert, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Gilbert graduated from The Ohio State University , Columbus. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Gilbert has 11 hospital affiliations:
- University Community Hospital
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Gilbert accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 3 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Anthem Blue Cross - 16 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- AvMed Health Plans - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Robert J. Gilbert practice?
Dr. Robert Gilbert practices Orthopaedic Surgery near San Francisco, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Greenbrae, CA and Atlanta, GA.
See San Francisco Orthopedic Surgeons.