A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Robert Gilbert:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Robert Gilbert is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Gilbert
Knee Replacement Patient Education Read our knee replacement patient education guide and learn all about surgery and replacement options.Before Visiting Dr. Gilbert Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Robert Gilbert, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Hip Surgery (Hip Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Gilbert graduated from The Ohio State University , Columbus. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Gilbert has 9 hospital affiliations:
- John Muir Medical Center, Walnut Creek Campus
- California Pacific Medical Center - Davies Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Robert James Gilbert MD is a male Orthopaedic Surgeon, has 44 years of experience and practices in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Robert J. Gilbert practice?
- Dr. Robert Gilbert has 4 office locations.
Dr. Robert Gilbert practices Orthopaedic Surgery near San Francisco, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Greenbrae, CA and San Rafael, CA.
See San Francisco Surgeons.