Hand Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon, Orthopaedic Surgeon
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Doctor.com. CitySearch.
May 4th, 2015

When I got there I had to fill out a bunch of forms with a bum hand. i made the appointment approximately a month ago so there was time for the staff to mail me the forms To complete them comfortably and at my leisure. After waiting more than an hour. I questioned why a patient, who's appointment was after mine , was taken before me . A young female answered "I don't do this I can't answer you". The women taken in before me had golfers elbow and it obviously wasn't an emergency. After waiting a while in the exam room Dr Gluck came in with all of the paperwork I completed as well as the copies of the diagnostic reports asking me what my other doctors diagnosis was for my condition. If I knew then I wouldn't have been there. To see him. He was confrontational and scolding. Dr Gluck didn't examine me and NEVER LOOKED ME IN THE EYES. He quickly left the room telling me he had to get the other two doctors records. I was so frustrated and I broke out in tears. I was contemplating on walking out but I was so desperate for some answers. I waited patiently for him to come back in the room. He came back telling me he doesn't know what I want him to do. He said he needs to see my other two doctors notes. Again, he never looked me in they eyes nor did he ask me any questions or examine me. When I told him he should have his staff ask for this stuff before the appointment he became confrontational and accused me of attacking his staff. I asked him how I attacked his staff.? I walked out telling him I will not be back. Why couldn't he conduct his own investigation/examination and come to his own conclusion? How could he defend the protocol and deficiencies of his processes?

Doctor's Response

When a patient has already seen other doctors, and not had a good experience, it's especially important to have complete prior records to review. Especially when the problem is chronic and complicated. My goal is to provide the best of care and to do this I need to know the results of prior examinations, tests, and procedures. If a patient forgets to bring records, I will do what I can do in the interim and then re-schedule the appointment. This can be frustrating but is done with the best of intentions. And yes, I do apologize for what are sometimes long waits as I will spend as much time as needed with my patients. Sometimes this can be very quick, sometimes not. It's hard to predict. As to filling out forms, this is can be a challenge for many patients, whether they have hand or language or vision problems, and my staff is happy to help out. BOTTOM LINE: Our goal is to provide first rate quality care in an empathetic and humane way. We are sensitive to our patients and respect their needs and concerns. We are here to help. The vast majority of the time we succeed, but not always. We try to do better the next time.

Mar 2nd, 2015

Highly recommended!

DPM show details DPM
by Richard Belli on Feb 19th, 2014

The staff was very helpful getting me an emergency appointment. They were also very friendly and very professional when I got there. I was impressed by Dr. Gluck's knowledge and the way he presented my case and explained how he wanted to fix my problem in language I could understand. He did fix it and I've been fine. If you have a hand problem and you live anywhere in the Metropolitan NYC area, you want to see Dr. Gluck.

Feeling Better show details Feeling Better
by Nick R on Jan 9th, 2014

Annoying thumb issue that bothered me for years is now much better, without surgery. Nice Service, would repeat.

Satisfied patient show details Satisfied patient
by Joy H. on Nov 16th, 2013

Highly recommend this doctor. He will answer all your questions and did a wonderful surgery on my wrist fracture. I'm back to playing sports. Very likable person. I'm recommending many friends and family.

Very satisfied show details Very satisfied
by Marie W. on Aug 21st, 2013

I can't say enough good things. At first I thought he was giving me a tough time, but I now realize how caring he is and how creative and perceptive. I saw two other big names who reccomended surgery ASAP. Turned out I didn't need it at all. Dr. Gluck is an angel.

Happy Customer show details Happy Customer
by Howard Streem on Mar 11th, 2013

On March 1, 2013, I called Dr. Gluck,s office (hand surgeon) for a very infected and abscessed finger on my left hand. They had me come into the office immediately. Dr.Gluck performed successful surgery on my infected finger. I would like to commend and thank Dr. Gluck for his expeditious and successful treatment of my finger.

Aug 10th, 2012

I THINK DR. GLUCK IS AN EXCELLENT HAND SPECIALIST. I HAVE HAD 3 SURGERIES WITH HIM AND WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THE RESULTS. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HIM TO MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY. THANK YOU.

Aug 4th, 2012

35 years of telephone sales and fine needle work my hands were racked with pain; and holding on to or picking up small items was futile. After Dr Gluck examined/tested/diagnosed my hands surgery was scheduled. The entire procedures for both hands took 2 months. Now one year later my hands are as they were when I was young. Dr. Gluck and staff made the entire procedure and wonderful experience, He is how a "healer" should be-God Bless him...

Aug 1st, 2012

Dr Gluck is a veteran, his diagnostic was spot on.

Excellent doctor and surgeon! show details Excellent doctor and surgeon!
Jul 27th, 2012

I saw Dr. Gluck several times for aging related joint/tendon/etc problems. He is always curteous and concerned and takes as much time as neded to diagnose and treat, and his advice and treatments have been quite helpful. Most recently, I had to have a growth removed from my thumb joint--which sounds like nothing, but it was actually an involved surgical procedure. Once agaain, I was completely satisfied with my treatment and care.

Amazing show details Amazing
Jul 6th, 2012

Travelled a long way and waited to see him but well worth it. A big name in Manhattan had recommended a second operation. He explained why that didn't make sense and got me 50% better with a 5 second injection and some simple exercises. Amazing. My husband and I were in awe. And he took his time. Now I understand why there is a bit of a wait. But you hear it in the waiting room- Dr Gluck's patient's love him. Easy to see why he is a top doctor.

Mom of patient show details Mom of patient
by Anonymous on Mar 29th, 2012 on doctorsdig.com

Very helpful with a scary situation and I was very confident with him. Yes, definitely recommend him.

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
Good choice show details Good choice
Mar 13th, 2012

Had complications with another doctor. A nurse friend @LIJ had worked with Dr.Gluck and recommended him and she was right on. Nice man, answers questions and explains options and knows his stuff. Highly recommended.

Can't thank him enough show details Can't thank him enough
Jan 14th, 2012

My hand was useless really after my accident. I had kind of given up. At first I didn't believe him but he knows his stuff. Some friends told me to go to the city but I didn't have to. So lucky I found him. Thank you Dr. Gluck.

Highly recommend show details Highly recommend
by K. on Dec 31st, 2011 on doctor.com

There's probably only one good advantage to sitting in a waiting room, you get to see and hear from other patients. And it was packed and all with dif ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
Wonderful Doctor show details Wonderful Doctor
by 4263 at Citysearch on Dec 30th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Though there was a long wait to see him, it was well worth it. In fact, someone in the waiting room said that to me.I had a very difficult problem. I almost went to someone in Manhattan, but Dr. Gluck was thoruogh and easy to speak with and I`m glad I didn`t. I`ve been lucky with doctors and he`s at the top of my list. Highly recommend him.

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
Dec 25th, 2011

I first saw Dr. Gluck years ago and have since referred many friends and family to him, always with great feedback. Just recently my granddaughter went to see him for a bad injury to her wrist. She is only 7 and was scared of course. He fixed her up and treated her great which wasn't easy. Very skilled and very caring. And patient. What doctors should be.

Apr 16th, 2011

My experience with Dr Glucks office started with my phone call and was put at ease that very moment. His staff was very pleasant and caring to mine and my child's needs. I was reassured when i called that this was the right Dr for us. When we met Dr Gluck He reassured us that he would be able to treat and fix my sons hand. We could not be more pleased.

the doctor who visited the doctor show details the doctor who visited the doctor
Apr 7th, 2011

As a surgeon in a completely different field who never met Dr. Gluck prior to needing his services, let me tell you: he is a superb diagnostician, has great bedside manner and is absolutely reasonable and sound in his recommendations. He took the time to properly explain my diagnosis and options, and answered my questions directly and compassionately. Dr. Gluck is an excellent physician and a gentleman.

Concerned Mom show details Concerned Mom
Oct 26th, 2010

Dr. Gluck successfully re-attached my sons' (he was two at the time) index finger. It's been a few years, and my son has full feeling and about 90% of the mobility back in that finger. Not only were Dr. Glucks skills superb but he did everything in his power to make sure my son was at ease in the office and he would get the most use out of that finger as possible. He made the follow up calls himself and even took the time to speak with my son on the phone. I do agree that the office staff could be a little intimidating at times, but it was a small price to pay for such excetional work.

disappointed show details disappointed
May 9th, 2009

I didn't have a problem with the surgery, but I have a problem with the staff that works for Gluck. Usually, I am only asked for my insurance card, but Gluck's office kept asking me for more forms of i.d. When I showed them one, they kept asking for more, and it didn't seem like they trusted their patients. It seemed like all they cared about is money and being able to collect, and that's all I heard them talking about with other patients both in person and on the phone. I'm surprised they didn't ask for cash up front. My biggest concern here is my scar. I didn't like the way Gluck removed my bandage. He pulled it off very hard and left me with more of a scar than necessary. I believe that if he asked me to remove the bandage myself, I would have washed it off with water and my scar would be much less visible. I don't recommend him and wish I had gone to someone else.