Dr. Robert Gluck Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Gluck?

Metastatic Melanoma

Metastatic Melanoma

Have you seen Dr. Robert Gluck?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 16th, 2017

Absolutely the best in his field!

I've been a patient of Dr. Gluck for over ten years. I have arthritis in both hands with excruciating pain at times, "trigger finger" in 8 out of 10 fingers, and I'm a professional musician so my hands are my livelihood. Dr. Gluck has helped me to manage the pain over the years, starting with conservative treatments whenever possible (medication, massage, splints, vitamin supplements). When necessary, he has given me cortisone injections in my hands, and he is very skilled at this. Ultimately, I needed surgery on one finger, and he was able to do the surgery on an outpatient basis, and left me with a tiny, hardly noticeable scar - and with greatly improved mobility in that finger. Dr. Gluck really listens to his patients and he treats the whole person, not just the hand. He is not just looking to do surgery - he is truly committed to helping people who have hand problems. He has definitely helped me!

February 13th, 2017

Avoid Dr. Gluck

I made an appointment with Dr. Gluck with the recommendation from another doctor. I saw the doctor for 6 minutes, he deals with my issue but too busy. Tells receptionist to give me number of someone else and collect my co-payment. If you decided not to assist me with my issue, and pond me off to another doctor, don’t rob me too. Be careful. I thought he was a good doctor based on the recommendations posted, but that was not my experience. 30 minutes in the waiting room, 6 minutes in the doctor’s office, $50 later, I still have the same issue with a name of a different Hand Surgeon, the same thing Dr. Gluck does.

April 21st, 2016

Favorite doctor

Dr. Gluck is my favorite doctor. I was in a terrible car accident and almost lost my pinky finger. With his knowledge and being so caring he was able to repair my nerve damage and get my finger safe. He did everything he could to help me and without him I would be without a finger right now. With two surgeries and many visits, my finger is almost back to normal and my scar is hardly noticeable. His passion for this is unbelievable and I will forever be thankful that I found him to be my doctor.

March 24th, 2016

Outstanding physician

Going to the doctor is never fun, but Dr. Gluck was very professional, thorough, and caring and helped my mother with a very challenging problem. Highly recommend him and his staff.

May 4th, 2015

When I got there I had to fill out a bunch of forms with a bum hand. i made the appointment approximately a month ago so there was time for the staff to mail me the forms To complete them comfortably and at my leisure. After waiting more than an hour. I questioned why a patient, who's appointment was after mine , was taken before me . A young female answered "I don't do this I can't answer you". The women taken in before me had golfers elbow and it obviously wasn't an emergency. After waiting a while in the exam room Dr Gluck came in with all of the paperwork I completed as well as the copies of the diagnostic reports asking me what my other doctors diagnosis was for my condition. If I knew then I wouldn't have been there. To see him. He was confrontational and scolding. Dr Gluck didn't examine me and NEVER LOOKED ME IN THE EYES. He quickly left the room telling me he had to get the other two doctors records. I was so frustrated and I broke out in tears. I was contemplating on walking out but I was so desperate for some answers. I waited patiently for him to come back in the room. He came back telling me he doesn't know what I want him to do. He said he needs to see my other two doctors notes. Again, he never looked me in they eyes nor did he ask me any questions or examine me. When I told him he should have his staff ask for this stuff before the appointment he became confrontational and accused me of attacking his staff. I asked him how I attacked his staff.? I walked out telling him I will not be back. Why couldn't he conduct his own investigation/examination and come to his own conclusion? How could he defend the protocol and deficiencies of his processes?

Doctor's Response

When a patient has already seen other doctors, and not had a good experience, it's especially important to have complete prior records to review. Especially when the problem is chronic and complicated. My goal is to provide the best of care and to do this I need to know the results of prior examinations, tests, and procedures. If a patient forgets to bring records, I will do what I can do in the interim and then re-schedule the appointment. This can be frustrating but is done with the best of intentions. And yes, I do apologize for what are sometimes long waits as I will spend as much time as needed with my patients. Sometimes this can be very quick, sometimes not. It's hard to predict. As to filling out forms, this is can be a challenge for many patients, whether they have hand or language or vision problems, and my staff is happy to help out. BOTTOM LINE: Our goal is to provide first rate quality care in an empathetic and humane way. We are sensitive to our patients and respect their needs and concerns. We are here to help. The vast majority of the time we succeed, but not always. We try to do better the next time.

SHOW

March 2nd, 2015

Highly recommended!

February 19th, 2014

DPM

The staff was very helpful getting me an emergency appointment. They were also very friendly and very professional when I got there. I was impressed by Dr. Gluck's knowledge and the way he presented my case and explained how he wanted to fix my problem in language I could understand. He did fix it and I've been fine. If you have a hand problem and you live anywhere in the Metropolitan NYC area, you want to see Dr. Gluck.

January 10th, 2014

Feeling Better

Annoying thumb issue that bothered me for years is now much better, without surgery. Nice Service, would repeat.

November 17th, 2013

Satisfied patient

Highly recommend this doctor. He will answer all your questions and did a wonderful surgery on my wrist fracture. I'm back to playing sports. Very likable person. I'm recommending many friends and family.

August 21st, 2013

Very satisfied

I can't say enough good things. At first I thought he was giving me a tough time, but I now realize how caring he is and how creative and perceptive. I saw two other big names who reccomended surgery ASAP. Turned out I didn't need it at all. Dr. Gluck is an angel.

August 10th, 2012

I THINK DR. GLUCK IS AN EXCELLENT HAND SPECIALIST. I HAVE HAD 3 SURGERIES WITH HIM AND WAS VERY PLEASED WITH THE RESULTS. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HIM TO MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY. THANK YOU.

August 4th, 2012

35 years of telephone sales and fine needle work my hands were racked with pain; and holding on to or picking up small items was futile. After Dr Gluck examined/tested/diagnosed my hands surgery was scheduled. The entire procedures for both hands took 2 months. Now one year later my hands are as they were when I was young. Dr. Gluck and staff made the entire procedure and wonderful experience, He is how a "healer" should be-God Bless him...