Internists, Gastroenterologist (digestive), Hepatologist
2300 Haggerty Rd
Ste 2010
West Bloomfield, MI 48323
248-926-9660
Locations and availability (5)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Recommended Surgery for Fissure  |  show details
by Had a fissure on Apr 25th, 2014

I had a fissure and his first recommended treatment was surgery. After some research I learned that fissures often heal on their own. Chose a different doc as he jumped on surgery as the first option. I would not recommend him.

|  Wrong drug prescribed, refused to take off antibiotics for over a year  |  show details
by Melissa N. on Feb 24th, 2013

Unfortunately, I will provide the first negative review for Dr. Goo. My boyfriend has Crohn's, and he saw Dr. Goo for over a year. During that time, he was on Humera, and he took two heavy-duty antibiotics to combat the effects of that. He was on these antibiotics for the entire year. When I asked about the negative consequences of the antibiotics, he said that there were some cases of neural damage, but my boyfriend wasn't taking a high enough dose of it for that to happen. He said that my boyfriend appeared to have been in good health, despite losing 30 lbs in 6 months. He talked into a tape recorder the entire time and barely looked up to talk to us. He said that he would keep my boyfriend on the current medication, even though he was getting worse on it, and just increase the dose. We asked him if he could help us look into diet modification as a supplement to medication, and he told us that it wouldn't help and that my boyfriend should just keep taking the medicine. He intended for my boyfriend to stay on Humera, and the antibiotics that went with it, for the rest of his life. Recently, my boyfriend started experiencing numbness in his extremities. He did some research and found out that 1) Dr. Goo's increased doses of antibiotics meant he was taking 1000 mg per day, and 2) peripheral neuropathy is a serious side effect of taking 1000 mg of this antibiotic for more than 30 days. He had been on it since November. (It's Feb.) Dr. Goo didn't seem to understand that the medication he chose wasn't working for my boyfriend and was too conceited to change up his initial choice. We found a new doctor who immediately found a drug that works better and immediately removed my boyfriend from antibiotics. In the end, Humera wasn't even the correct drug to take for Crohn's because it targeted the area of my boyfriend's intestines that weren't affected. Dr. Goo had him on antibiotics to counteract the effects of a drug that wasn't even benefiting him in the first place.

|  d  |  show details
Jul 8th, 2012

ete

|  Mark Torongo  |  show details
by Mark Torongo on Aug 23rd, 2010

This Doctor and his group are the best!!!