Overall Review

August 30th, 2016
Very professional
Dr. Goodwin is a very thorough doctor. He is very patient, and explains everything. I've been visiting his practice for years.

May 18th, 2015
Very thorough and knowledgable Doctor. One of the Best!
Dr. Goodwin has been my doctor for the past 10 to 15 years. He is an excellent physician and in the years that I have gone to him, he has earned my esteem, my absolute faith and my trust. He recently changed his entire front office staff and the new staff are delightful! There were issues with his prior front office staff and I am extremely happy to see that he has finally addressed this issue. If you want a thorough, matter-of-fact medical professional, make an appointment with Dr. Goodwin.

March 20th, 2015
Save your money and time, avoid this doctor
AVOID THIS DOCTOR. HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOUR HEALTH CONCERNS. HE SENDS YOU TO UNNECESSARY MRIs and unwilling to help his patient get through an MRI.

March 1st, 2011
ositive: Dr. Goodwin is very knowledgable about medicine. Negatives: Dr. Goodwin has a very cold personality and did not listen to what I was telling him. He wants to get you in and out as fast as possible. This is not good when you want to discuss something that is bothering you. He does not pre-authorize medicine, which basically means he won't go out of his way to help his patients. His staff is generally unprofessional. They scheduled me a no-show appointment, failed to call in my prescription (and it was over a long weekend) and were generally unpleasant. This office doesn't work on Fridays, either. Unfortunately, the negatives vastly outweigh the positives here.

December 22nd, 2010
I have to agree with the writer about this Dr sending you to see too many specialists. My husband and I have been seeing this Dr for a number of years, and we are both relatively healthy, except for a couple minor medical issues. My husband, in particular, is being sent to so many specialists, he can't even keep straight who or what he is "supposed" to do. He has recommended my husband to go back to a specialist, even though a particular problem has been ironed out, and told not to worry from the specialist. He has also recommended retesting on another issue, that another specialists had told him to not worry about. If you question his medical opinion (in my case, over a relatively minor matter, that I would hope after he reads the latest information, he will change his "opinion") he recommended I go see a specialist and possibly have a certain test (which if you read the indications for the test, I don't fall into having any of the indications for needing that test). I could go on. I suppose, if you like spending your free time in going from test to test and specialist to specialist, then he is the doctor for you. Personally, I think I want a doctor with a more balanced approach.

November 29th, 2010
Great doctor, probably saved my life.
I had another doctor before Dr. Goodwin. While that doctor regularly ran test when I complained of not feeling well and felt that my health was deteriating. that doctor did nothing and sail I was fine. I switched to Dr. goodwin, he quickly did some test and recomended tht I go see a Cardiologist.It was determined that I have Cardiomyopothy. If left un treated I would certainly die from it. Both Dr. Goodwin and my cardiologist now have me on treatment and I am becoming stronger and healthier. Dr. Goodwin is very through and takes the time to explain the results and issues with each test and treatment.

October 29th, 2010
This is my husband's doctor, and I have been there several times to oversee his needs. My DH has been there for some 20 years, but I am not impressed by his manner or his eagerness to send you to specialists for minor things. I reticently sent my parents to him when we suddenly lost our beloved family doctor to stroke, because none of us had another GP. They only confirmed my dislike. He is "strictly" professional, very deadpan and lacking personality, so seems often not to really care. He also eagerly sets up for tests, having special "vans" that come periodically to do certain tests, not having all the equipment himself. He also sent my parents to multiple specialists, despite them already constantly going to various doctors for YEARS and we all know darn well basically what's going on with them (1 nurse friend suggested he's getting payback for this - doctors "scratch backs"). Then, he refuses to help them get prescriptions they've had for chronic conditions for years to DECADES (my dad is epileptic) w/o going to another specialist, when they desparately need to fill them quickly. He also has all the modern gadgetry with laptops (always typing instead of just listening) and print-outs of diagnoses, which to me is just unecessary fluff. Goodwin is good as far as being "accurate" and doing tests (through his office), but his manner is really lacking and he can give you the run-around on drugs and test results - possibly from paranoia and/or getting finder's fees. Not my cup of tea.

September 22nd, 2010
Dr goodwins staff is amazing. the girls there fill all my needs all the time

September 5th, 2010
I used to go to Dr. Goodwin and the only reason I changed was not because of him or his partner but rather the office staff, I found them rude and when I try to get appointments you have to call between a certain time frame to get a same appointment which I did not like. I have even had appointments canceled because another nurse gave it out on the other line. I than had to resort to a night care facility for my daughter who was very ill at the time. That was the last time I used their office. I am disappointed I had to leave because of his staff, he is a great doctor though.

March 7th, 2010
His office staff lack professionalism. They are surly, abrupt and often ignore the patient. If I find another doctor, the office staff will play a large role in that decision.