Dr. Robert Grunsten MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

January 26th, 2015
B.A. MHP
Knowledgeable; however lacks severely in responding to client's needs once they have left his office.

September 28th, 2014
Looking for competent psychiatrist
I had one appointment with this physician so far. When I arrived, he did not have my appointment listed and asked if we just texted a few minutes ago. I said "no, we confirmed 3 weeks ago". He had no knowledge. I showed him our text confirmation. He asked me two more times when we confirmed! He wasn't even listening. He said he had many messages in the last day and was also out of town. I repeated myself several times that we scheduled several weeks before. He said his new calendar wiped out some appointments. Luckily, his patient didn't arrive and he saw me for about 5 minutes or so. He did not ask for my history even though I tried to tell him as much as I could quickly while I showed him the bottle of what medication I was taking that needed a refill. He told me he would get my history next appointment. He wrote me a prescription and scheduled me for 3 months later. Later that day I got a text asking for some more information. I called and provided it. Two days later I received another text asking if he could clarify the purpose of the med I was taking. I had to tell him again what I was taking and why...not sure he even took note of it the first time. Rushed, disorganized, and unprofessional from first impressions. Maybe this will improve and was a fluke? Not a good start though.

May 5th, 2011
Great, helpful, and personable
I'd definitely recommend Dr. G. He's very caring and has helped me figure out how to control my "problems".

October 20th, 2010
Don't expect consultation on issues
My overall experience with Dr. Grunsten is that he has competence in understanding certain medications, dosages and side affects but aside from that do not expect any consultation on issues. He will readily prescribe and advise on medication but that is the extent of his treatment. He also limits his appointments to usually less than 10 minutes. He does not express any empathy, and/or affinity for you. I have had no luck establishing rapport, nor does he seem to have any interest in any thing regarding medication therapy. I am understanding from my current PhD Therapist that Psychiatry as a practice usually is confined to "medication management". In this case I would say Dr. Grunsten performs this task. But don't expect more.

August 10th, 2010
Do not recommend!
This doctor has absolutely no bedside manner. My appts with him (which are in order to get refills on medication) last less than 5 minutes. He seems m ...

August 10th, 2010
This doctor has absolutely no bedside manner! My appts with him (to get refills of medications) last less than 5 minutes, and he seems more concerned with obtaining payment than with my actual health and well-being.

March 28th, 2017