Overall Review

2.4

March 17th, 2015
Antibiotics and steroid salesman

February 17th, 2015
've lived in NOVA for almost 30 yrs and have seen many Dr's in the area, but this is the worst Dr in NOVA. The front office staff is weird. The Doctor is even weirder. I visited this Dr. 2 times and both times the Dr spent a total of 2 to 3 minutes with me and each time It was a visit for a total body mole check!! After Insurance paid and I paid my copay I had a balance of $250. I explained that I needed to make payments on my balance. The office accepted my checks for 2 months then turned it over to an attorney. What a terrible greedy Dr. What office out there doesn't accept monthly payments?? Dr G is the worst out there and he will continue to get patients because there really is no other Dermo in the area. Fortunately he is getting up in years and will have to retire. Do yourself a favor, drive another 5 miles to see another Dr.

February 17th, 2015
Where to even start... I read all the negative reviews and they are right in line with what I experienced. Rude staff! This is the worse Dr I've ever been to. I've been here maybe 3 times and the level of service only got worse each time. I thought.. maybe it was just a bad day for them but I should have stopped going after the first time. The last time I didn't even get my prescription even after trying to get it from them for over 2 months. Oh yeah.. I still had to pay for his 'time' even though I didn't get this prescription. Dr visit felt rushed. He does not take his time. No blood tests or anything else to verify that the prescription should be given to you. The very first time I went in for a retinoid cream but came out with a prescription for Accutane. He never took my blood tests to ensure it was OK. No blood pressure or anything else. He didn't explain the severe side effects of this medications. The Dr visit was probably less than 5 minutes. Go to a Dr that actually cares about you and is willing to spend time to get to know you before he starts prescribing you things that shouldn't be given out.

February 15th, 2015
Stay away at all costs! He will give you pills with disfiguring side effects that will make you regret ever visiting this scam artist, felon, mutilator "dermatologist" . His course of mild teenage acne treatment involved multiple oral antibiotics such as (cipro, sulfas, doxy, amox) and generic accutane, which lead to me developing IBD ~6months to 12months later. His treatments eviscerated the joy and health of my life at the age of 19.

January 29th, 2015
Go anywhere else
Front desk -- woman named Rachel is without a doubt the ugliest person ever. Run!

January 15th, 2015
He has been my dermatologist for years. My family think he is great.

November 6th, 2013
incompetent doctor
I went to this doctor (?) when I had a painful skin condition around my waist. Dr. Gurney said it was just a rash. The pain got worse. I went to another doctor who told me I had shingles and I had lost valuable time in treating this condtion. The other doctor was surprised a dermatologist could not recognize a serious skin condition. Dr. Gurney should have retired many years ago. Also his office staff needs to retire.

August 22nd, 2013
have used his services since 1980.
"bedside manner" is brusque, but offset by running his practice on time and providing good medical care quickly and efficiently. I have used him since 1980 and have sent my children to him.

November 21st, 2012
A Satisfied Patient
A thorough and knowledgeable physician who:1. Accepted my insurance2. Was on time3. Solved my problem4. Answered all of my questions completely.

August 5th, 2011
Unavailable
I've seen this Dr. twice. The first appointment was great. I didn't have any wait time. He treated me at the office and it was quick and he seemed nice. The second time I had to wait a bit, and he didn't treat my condition at all. He wasnted me to wait until my next appointment. It's not cheap seeing a specialist! He wrote me an Rx for something that was not covered by any insurance and I couldn't get it filled b/c it was a special order and on back order for an indefinite period. I attempted to schedule another appointment, but his hours are very limited and even when I called within the operating hours there was no answer. There's no way to leave a message for a call back either. His staff is not friendly and there's no follow up.

April 13th, 2011
They bill you extra everytime
I cannot understand how a doctor and his staff can be on such different communication levels. I went to see Dr. Robert for acne and got a cortizone/ steroid shot (something I get in Cali whenever have a cystic acne outbreak). He was pleasant, and told me they would bill it in a particular way and I would not be charged extra. I am not charged extra at my regular doctor's office, so I just shrugged. They billed me the first time. Said it went directly in their system. I paid for it and then they bill me again for the same procedure. They are labeling it "surgery" and fleecing money off the patients. DO NOT GO THERE. I am going to fight this as they have done this twice to me and I obliged and paid once before. I should have not bothered then itself. They are out to make money and that's it.Robert was nice enough, and it's easy to get appointments, but not worth the hassle they put you through after your visit is over.

December 3rd, 2010
Extremely Rude
I'll never go back. He did not want to take ANY time to discuss my child's problem, but wanted to hurry and write a prescription. When I asked a question about the medication, he began YELLING at me, "What do you want me to prescribe?" I've never encountered such a pompous, rude, arrogant doctor. He was totally out of line. Very rushed and refused to LISTEN. Did not want to take the time to look at my child's records or try to figure out a solution besides hurrying to write a prescription. Just a waste of time. Only go here if you know exactly what you need -- he'll never figure it out, and certainly won't take the time to listen.