Dr. Robert Friedman Is this you?

3.0

Have you seen Dr. Robert Friedman?

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Autism Spectrum Disorder

Doctor is a disgrace!

Posted on February 17th, 2017

This guy is an insurance company hack! He will write a horrible IME if you have to be seen by him. He will say whatever they want him to say for money. He is as dishonest as they come and believes he has all the answers. What a disgrace to the medical profession! Wouldn't ever go to him for help or recommend anyone to him ever!!!

Insurance swindler

Posted on May 23rd, 2016

Slipped and fell on ice at work striking the back of my head, rendering me unconcious. They gave my case to this doctor. He had his mind made up already, and as time went by and my condition didn't improve, instead of treating me for the symptoms, he tried to demean me and my wife for questioning the treatments. Never once did he or an M.R.I. or CTscan of my head and tried to say I was malingering and not trying hard enough. I ended up seeing another doctor out of state, a neuro-opthamologist, who concurred with me that I was suffering increased vision problems as well as post concussion syndrome migraines. Dr. Friedman works for the insurance companies and only cares about his own pocketbook, not about your condition. If you have a work comp injury, they probably will send you to this quack as they are in cahoots. If they send you to this guy, run the other way as fast as you can, because you will get terrible treatment, and he will demean you and call you a liar when he doesn't get his way.

Patient

Posted on May 23rd, 2016

I respect Dr. Bob and would not have the quality of life I have without his guidance, treatment plan, and excellent care. I was told I would not walk again, and by flowing his plan, am able to ambulatory with a walker. He can be tough, but always offers me thorough explanations of my options. The office and clinical staff are equally wonderful and go out of their way to accommodate questions, appointments and medication refills.

Gave me back my life!!!

Posted on October 3rd, 2015

I came to Dr. Friedman newly diagnosed with fibromyalgia. I was in a great deal of pain. I felt like I had no future. He has always listened to me and even more importantly, believed me! He would even accurately diagnose my pain just by observing me. I am so impressed that he would remember my pain level from the last visit to the current visit, by observing my behavior (how much and how I moved/wiggled in my seat while we talked). He is very knowledgeable and he is able to diagnose my problems, as well as prescribe appropriate treatment that works! He has guided me through the confirmation of my diagnosis of fibromyalgia, then spinal stenosis (referring me when needed to other doctors) and osteoarthritis in my knee and back as well as provide treatment that is ongoing and thoughtful. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Friedman. He listened when most doctors would not. I rarely have to wait more than I would for any other doctor; usually he's very quick and if I have had to wait it is because he's had a new patient. I appreciate that he takes the time with us to explain and listen. I respect his knowledge and I appreciate his compassion!!! His staff are wonderful as well! I feel cared for as an individual by all of them, from the receptionist and nurses, to his awesome medical assistant They are a great team and always get back to me when I call...that day! My experience is that he is very available and that they are all dedicated to helping me and, that they care about me. I was appalled to read some of the prior reviews, I couldn't believe they were talking about my doctor. I love his sense of humor! but...when it is time to be serious he is serious and explains things thoroughly and completely so that we can come up with a solution together. Dr. Friedman is an awesome doctor! He has literally given me back my life!

Posted on May 23rd, 2015

Our son was born with Spina Bifida, Hydrocephalus, Chiari Malformation, and a Syrinx in 1996. He is 18 1/2 years old and has been with Dr. Friedman and the staff of wonderful doctors at the Children's Mylo Clinic from the beginning. The clinic now has an Adult clinic and Dr. Friedman is involved in that one, also. We are thankful that he and all the doctors involved believe it was time to start an Adult Spina Bifida Clinic. Going from the Children's Clinic right into the Adult Clinic, other than changing some of the doctors, has been a blessing. With Dr. Friedman involved in both clinics, has been an easy transition. So, Thank you.

Kind of Fun

Posted on July 30th, 2014

We always enjoy his humor and wit along with his expertise as we try to solve our various pain problems. He always goes out of his way to find the difficult solutions. Some may not appreciate, as we do, his willingness to express truth even if it might be a bit uncomfortable. (Remember Groucho?) No complaints.

NOT a doctor, works for work comp

Posted on December 19th, 2013

He was very arrogant, did not listen, already had his opinion figured out before even asking me anything. I have heard he was the worst doctor anyone has ever seen. I wouldn’t let him put a Band-Aid on me. It was the worst experience I have ever had in a doctor visit. Never see this clown and if you have a work comp case you will see this clown. Because they are swindlers and this is their little pony for the show.

Disgusting excuse for a doctor

Posted on November 9th, 2013

Dr. Friedman is the worst doctor in general! Save yourself time ( he will always be late! Mark my words! At least a half hour wait, once you're taken to the room. We've waited over an hour before. His main priority is being dedicated to the insurance company. His non -stop stories of being from Detroit, growing up near 8 mile rd...... He and his brothers all being doctors.... Upon stories of his religion ( he is Jewish ) are the only conversations, he'll dedicate his attention towards, surely, your health needs won't be anything he'll want to talk about, if the disability/health problem is complicated and not easily handled!!!! Watch out- for his fake and unprofessional ways!!!!!

Totally unprofessional

Posted on November 8th, 2013

Never have I been subjected to a doctor who felt it was perfectly ok to speak to me (and about my spouse) in such an unprofessional manner

Pros and Cons

Posted on July 8th, 2013

I believe Dr. Friedman is knowledgeable and competent, and I appreciate the time he spends with me. However, I detest how late he usually is. Even if I have the first appt. of the day, he's still an hour late. One visit, I sat in the exam room waiting for him for 45 min., all the while I could hear him in the hall chatting away about personal stuff with other staff. The staff are nothing to write home about: not overly friendly or capable. But I do think he knows his stuff.

Terrible, non-listening

Posted on February 19th, 2013

He is a terrible doctor who thinks he knows everything and he doesn't. I have never met a doctor more insensitive. He was asked to do my IME and after meeting me 1 time during 1 visit he thought he knew everything about me. He dismissed my pain saying it was all in my head (2 back surgeries, I think not) and told my back surgeon to take me off pain medicine 3 weeks after a 4-level spinal fusion. He tricked me into taking bi-polar medicine saying it was to help me sleep and I have never been diagnosed with bi-polar. I later saw a medical report provided to me by my attorney with Dr. Friedman's notes saying I was a poor looking man with many mental problems and complaining about pain I didn't have. Who the heck does he think he is that he can say that about someone he has only met once. It is a disgrace. Until he has had 2 back surgeries and knows the pain I go through he has no business saying anything like that about me. Be prepared if you are going to see him as your doctor that he will likely not listen to you and will try to convince you that your pain is all in your head and certainly don't expect him to prescribe pain medicine even if you really need it. Also, when you decide to go to another doctor because he isn't helping you, he WILL send a letter to your new doctor telling him to not prescribe medicine to you because you really aren't in pain. WATCH OUT!!!!

Really Cares About His Patients

Posted on January 10th, 2012

I have know Dr. Friedman for many years and he has always been great with me. He was once my employer and now I am a patient and he has been wonderful with me. He is a straight shooter and sometimes we dont like that, but he does know what is best for his patients. He has given me a chance at a fairly normal life with limited pain again. I have not waited to see him any longer than any other doctor and he admits when he is not sure what is going on and will do research to find out how to help me. I never have a problem getting in to see him, even when he has been really busy.