Dr. Robert Hampton Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Hampton?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 30th, 2016

Quick recovery

I am pleasantly surprised at how quickly I have recovered from total knee replacement surgery. My mobility and pain level were both better 2 days after surgery than before. The incision is nearly invisible.

July 6th, 2015

My experience with Dr Hampton was very positive. He didn't rush through the appointment and answers all my questions. I would recommend him to my family and friends.

May 23rd, 2014

Fabulous Doctor

My mother was visiting from out of town, fell, and broke her hip. She needed surgery the next day and we were assigned Dr. Hampton. I immediately got online and read these reviews that scared me - mentioning his lack of bedside manner and his general rudeness/arrogance. Pre-surgery, Dr. Hampton walked in the room, introduced himself, and within 5 minutes I KNEW these reviews were ridiculous and I had nothing to worry about. I can not recommend Dr. Hampton any higher! We were completely LUCKY to have such an experienced, skilled, CALM, professional, reassuring doctor who also had a good sense of humor. He sat beside my mother, answered all her questions, reassured all her fears, looked her in the eyes, and instilled confidence. Yes, he was confident himself (some may say arrogant in other reviews) but don't you want that in a doctor? After surgery, he visited my mom several times and was just as attentive. I have not been to his office yet with my mom but we will be going there shortly thanks to his skill as a surgeon - my mom and her new hip will walk through those doors next week! Truly, he was wonderful and I feel badly he gets a bad rap with some of these reviews.

May 20th, 2014

Defiantly not anything like I was expecting.

I choose to use this doctor after he received outstanding reviews from a coworker. I was elated to see him, especially dealing with another OS who blatantly ignored everything about my case. My claim is currently getting taken care of by the state mind you. I could tell immediately that something was not right about his approach to my case. I had waited over a year to get another opinion on a problem I have been having, that's been nagging me since I had my work issue. I was told that my pain was self-limiting (aka bull poo). My conditions were completely denounced. Was told I was looking for drugs, and was only interested in increasing my disability, before he even looked at me. I have been off my "drugs" for two months and have feverishly been looking for new jobs. Dang! I'm going back to school during the summer to get a certificate in a trade! I bust my butt in PT. I have had nothing but AWFUL experiences with CC doctors. If there are still any private practices. I'd recommend finding someone. You can have a doc that's nice and that knows his stuff. This is one regret I'm going to have to live with.

October 3rd, 2013

surgery

Do not recommend him after my bad experience.

August 5th, 2013

BED SIDE MANNER NOT GOOD

I went to him for my knee he was very short, acted like he was too busy to listen to my issues, very condesending went back many times after surgery after a year still have pain, going to a new Dr this week ,

May 14th, 2013

Terrible Bedside Manner

I was referred to Dr. Hampton by my general practitioner in 2007. Upon my first visit to Dr. Hampton, he walked into the examination room did not introduce himself to me, stood at the counter with his back to me and said, "So what are you here for?" I said, I am here because I am having lower back pain and the pain goes down the back of my leg and I am thinking it might be my Piriformis muscle. Without turning around and in a very harsh and condescending voice he said,"I did NOT ask you what you thought, I asked you what you were here for!" I was speechless. I have never had a physician speak to me like that. He was unprofessional, uncaring and has the worst bedside manner I have ever encountered in the medical industry. I would never recommend anyone to Dr. Hampton.

July 13th, 2012

Very knowledgeable!

Dr. Hampton is a very well respected orthopedic doctor! He has been practicing for awhile and is very knowledgeable. His bedside manner is fine. He is very kind, caring and discusses the issue in detail, treats you with respect but does not get off topic like some doctors do. I have been to see Dr. Hampton a lot over the fast few years due to a complex knee problem and feel that I am well cared for and in very good hands. Would and have recommended him to friends.

June 19th, 2012

didn't really address my concerns, had a major surgery on my wrist and only spent about 3 minutes with me at each follow up appt.

June 18th, 2012

waste of money and time

didn't seem to listen to me at all or act like I was worth bothering with. Through a cast on me just to have something to bill and shut me up. Didn't follow up at all.

March 24th, 2017