Surgeons

Fitzsimons
12605 E 16th Ave
Aurora, CO 80045
720-848-0000
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

|  Big Mistake  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2014

I had ankle surgery about nine years ago and my ankle gets progressively worse each year. I am in chronic pain daily and my ankle is definitely worse after having the surgery. I went back to him recently and he suggested I schedule for another surgery to once again "clean things up" in my ankle. He told me their wouldn't be any guarantees that the surgery would be successful this time either - what confidence!

|  Not the best  |  show details
Feb 14th, 2014

Still in pain after over a year since ankle surgery. Dr. Leland seemed too busy to provide much needed post-surgery care for healing process.

|  On call Dr.  |  show details
Dec 5th, 2013

Dr. Leland was the doc on call when my husband had a hip replacement. He was rude, condescending and non responsive. We have had such positive experiences with Mapleton Orthopedics in the past, this interaction has caused us to consider going else where for our care. I would never want to be treated by Dr. Leland again.

|  Bunion surgery with lapidus procedure  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2013

I am a 24 year old female patient of lelands. I hate writing bad reviews because I know everyone is different but I have had a terrible recovery from this surgery. It has been almost a year to the date and I am still miserable. My toe doesn't move right, my foot swells and I can't sleep all the time, the numbness and tingling has never gone away. I can't say it is because of Dr Leland that this happened to me but he did do the surgery so I don't have anyone else to blame. My suggestion for anyone looking to get this surgery done is to get a few opinions and see what each doctor says. I have them on both feet and now I don't know of ill ever get the other one done because I can't spend another year of my life this miserable, especially if the first one doesn't heal.

|  Dr. Leland took care of our son with care as did staff!  |  show details
Aug 1st, 2012

Dr. Lelalnd's staff ( Patti?) accommodated our urgent request for an appointment for our son. The X-rays were immediately available from the ER from 7 hours previously and Dr. Leland was excellent!We found him caring, attentive and very knowledgeable about sports injuries...terrific!!!

|  I don't know  |  show details
Dec 14th, 2011

This is the first time I had ever seen him and needed a FMLA packet for my place of work, and he actually charges you $25 to fill it out. I find that very sad, you already have to pay the copay- plus for whatever he has to do for you and then $25 for 2 papers. I think I will be finding a new doctor because I don't even want to find out how much he is going to charge if i need surgery

|  Achilles tendon reconstruction...  |  show details
Nov 28th, 2011

I got 3 opinions from 3 different foot/anklr specialists; Dr. Leland was recommended by one of the first two. I selected Dr. Leland based on this referral and because he seemed to be very sure of his diagnosis and himself. Some might find his self-assured attitude to be a bit cocky, but I didn,'t take him that way. His personality and mannerisms are simply very matter of fact. I found him to be very caring...he even called me at my home overseas to follow up since I had to return to the Pacific only a month after total Achilles reconstruction. I am 6 months post-op and doing well although Dr. Leland told me it will take a year for a full recovery. I highly recommend Dr. Leland!

|  Fantastic  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2011

First two reviewers must be cracked out on painkillers. He DOES make eye contact, the staff are excellent (Kerri is great), and a "butcher?" No, not even close. I have two incisions and they're healing beautifully. I am healing so much faster and more comfortably from a bone graft than I ever thought would be possible. Great surgeon, knows his stuff. A

|  Loved Dr Leland  |  show details
Sep 26th, 2011

Dr Leland did surgery on my foot. He was great at explaining the problem and also outlining the options and potential outcomes. I would highly recommend him.

|  show details
Aug 11th, 2011

He is very rude. He barely makes eye contact. he didn't ask for a history of the problem. He didn't listen. He didn offered orthotics for a bad problen that has been going on for 5 months. He didn't offer any physical therapy which I have since found out is the corner stone of resolving my problem. I would never go back. Never send any one to him. He obviuosly hired his rude staff. What a joke that office is.

|  show details