Dr. Robert Halpern MD Patient Reviews

2.9
  • 10 reviews

November 29th, 2016
Horrible doctor and the fact that he himself has cataracts and has to not only wear contacts and glasses to see, but he is prone to making mistakes while performing basic procedures. By the way..he is the king of misdiagnosis and has no bed-side manners. His hygiene is another story - does not change gloves in between patients or wash his hands which could cause infections to spread. I would not recommend this doctor unless you want to go blind.

December 9th, 2015
He only spends 2 minutes with you and talk down to both his patients and staff members. Does not like to give details on your eye condition...avoids any and all questions or concerns.

April 3rd, 2015
Dr. Halpern is rude, spends the least amount of time as possible with the patient and simply doesn't care. He will not answer questions nor explain anything. He will not let the patient change to another doctor within the group.

September 21st, 2013
GO ELSEWHERE
This doctor is the worst unskilled dr I have ever come in contact with. Never let him do surgery on your eyes if you want to see! I waited 3 hours to see him along with 65 other elderly people. It was like an assembly line. He has been treating my glaucoma and he is a retina dr. His ethics and morals are disgusting.It's all about money and how much he can get from your insurance company.

November 30th, 2012
I have been going to Dr. Halpern for the past three years, ever since I was recommended to him by a friend when I came to Atlanta from New York. He impressed me with his wide range of knowledge ab out my condition and his interest in searching out my previous treatment in New York. This involved communicating with my prev ious doctor several times so that he could offer methe best course of treatment. He is caring and considerate and keeps up with changes in the field that relate to my condition.

November 27th, 2012
Hold on to your wallet!!
The doctor gave me 8 injections into the left eyeball for Macula Degeneration. I was billed $2,100 for EACH injection. After Medicare paid it's 80%, I had to pay $500 out of pocket per injection! Then I heard that there was a different injection just as good for only $60 per injection. At that, the injections wern't to cure the degeneration, just slow it down. I am now blind in the left eye.

May 9th, 2012
Mixed Bag at Best
I would highly recommend looking elsewhere first. Dr. Halpern is not a bad Dr. However, the overall practice is not one that I would recommend. They must have too many patience as I have not seen a group less concerned about keeping me as a patient. The wait times are horrific, and, do not have a misunderstanding with them over the bill as they are inflexible and will stick it to you.

November 27th, 2010
Retina Specialist
I presented to Dr. Halpern with all the classic symptoms and complaints of Retinitis Pigmentosa, and he missed it. RP is the most common diesease of the retina. After reviewing my visual field results, Dr. Halpern told me that it was not my eyes and probably my brain. He referred me to Emory neuro-opthomologist where I was promptly properly diagnosed by two Dr.s. It was almost like he was backing out of the room the moment he came in. After herecieved the letter from the Emory Doctor, he never contacted me.

April 26th, 2010
Poor Diagnosis
Correctly diagnosed AMD in left eye, treated satisfactorily despite many complaints about blurry vision and high pressures in right eye. He did not make a diagnosis of glaucoma in the right eye which a second opinion correctly diagnosed as glaucoma, but too late. I am now legally blind.

November 30th, 2009
In 1999 my sister and I were in China. The vision in my right eye was gone (black). I went to a hospital in China and was told I had a torn retina. When I arrived home my regular Ophthamologist (Dr. Shear)had arranged for me to see Dr Halpern. The surgery was scheduled to take place after a three day rest. After the surgery my vision was restored. This surgery was in 1999 and this is 2009, needless to say Dr. Halpern is a hero in my eyes.