Dr. Robert Hammer MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

April 11th, 2017
Bad Experience
I hated my experience with this doctor. I hated his bedside manner. I hated the discomfort i felt during exams. I hated him. I felt he made excuses to get out of effective treatment options. Practices defensive medicine to the point where I remained sick. Went elsewhere and was much happier.

March 4th, 2016
Just terrible i was very uncomfortable

April 28th, 2014
Was rude hurried and didn't care about my problems

August 30th, 2013
wish he were still in Chicago
About 9 years ago Dr Hammer treated and solved my IC problems with some random procedure that examined and then filled an ulcerated wall in my bladder. It made carrying 3 babies possible and having almost ten years of painfree, urinary tract issues regardless of the fact that leading up to those ten I had many. I may need the procedure again (he'd warned me it might only last ten years) and now I am sad that he is so far away. Good Luck to you lucky Colorado patients! I'm telling you he's a great doctor!

September 18th, 2012
I had a prolapsed bladder. I saw 3 doctors before finding Dr. Hammer. I was trying to make an informed decision which was difficult given that I received wildly fluctuating advice from the first three doctors on how to proceed. The first doctor basically told me it was no big deal (after a 30 sec. exam) and to come back if/when it got any worse. The second doctor was also an O.B. so I was concerned about his expertize in this specialized area. Each remedy that he described was accompanied by all the reasons that it wouldn't work. The third doc seemed knowledgeable BUT her staff was completely incompetent. Dr. Hammer was my last doctor and he was especially thorough in educating me on what was going on and how to fix it. The diagnostic exams were very thorough and the use of technology to determine the extent of the concerns was helpful. His recommendations were consistent with what I was able to learn on the internet and his knowledge in this area of specialization very impressive. I'm several weeks out from surgery at this point and experienced almost no pain although the repairs were rather extensive. Also, my experience at Lutheran Hospital was very positive. The nurses were very caring and attentive. I am glad that I persevered to find a doctor and staff that I could trust.

February 1st, 2012
Dr. Hammer & his staff are ASTOUNDING!!!!
I had a repeat vaginal vault prolapse after a hysterectomy. I saw 3 gynocologists who misdiagnosed me, even after physical examinations, ultrasounds, and a CT Scan.Dr. Hammer immediately diagnosed me after a physical exam. Absolutely incredible!!If I could give higher results I would. He and his staff were friendly and instantly compassonate.Today I just came back from my 6 week checkup after a sacral colpopexy. I had done alot of research on other websites and was concerned about using mesh for pelvic reconstruction. Dr. Hammer patiently answered all of my questions. I feel better than I have in years. Thank you so much - I am forever in your debt. ~ JKI don't know how I would have made it without him.

May 17th, 2011
I had a problem that required Dr. Hammer's immediate attention, he worked me in the next day and made himself available for my surgery two days later. He gave me excellent care and called me at home daily for 10 days following the surgery. The surgery was very successful and I would highly recommend him.

March 29th, 2010
Excellent Doctor - Great Follow-up
My wife had a difficult situation that required a quick appointment. Dr. Hammer fit her in. At the appointment, he felt she needed immediate care cleared his calendar for an emergency surgery that was very successful. His follow-up was well appreciated. He is professional, extremely confident and very caring.

March 13th, 2016