Dr. Robert Hardi MD Patient Reviews

3.9
  • 14 reviews

November 17th, 2016
Absolutely horrendous. I have been in pain for months, and after spending 30 minutes talking to a (very kind) medical student, Dr. Hardy came in and spent approximately 5 minutes with me before determining that I may have Crohn's and scheduling me for a colonoscopy. Gave me no information about how I could manage my symptoms, and sent me out with a brochure outlining the preparation for the procedure. After my colonoscopy, Dr. Hardi spent approximately five minutes with me, again. When I asked what I could do to manage the pain, and what I could do because I have hardly been eating, he made an inappropriate comment about my figure, and still gave me no advice. I was told that I would get a call when the results of my biopsies came back, but after two weeks of hearing nothing, I called the office to find out what was going on. They told me that they did have my results, and they would have the doctor call me in between appointments to discuss the results. Truly absurd.

October 25th, 2016
I may have caught the Dr. Hardi on a bad day. He was 45 minutes behind schedule and seemed intent on getting done with me within 10 minutes so he could get back on schedule. I left feeling like I wasted my time and co-pay seeing him. On a more positive note, the office staff are excellent. Suggest getting a different doctor within the same practice if you can.

October 9th, 2015
Great Doctor!
Been seeing Doctor Hardi for over 20 years. Very health conscious. Never waited longer than 10 minutes of appointment. Never over crowed. Never felt stressed out except when I may have gained a pound or two. :) Wouldn't trade his experience and his caring bedside manner for the world. Hope he doesn't retire no time soon.

August 27th, 2012
Fantastic Physician
Have a recurring problem with stones in my common bile duct. He is right on top of my condition. One of the best Doctors I have ever had.

July 26th, 2012
Excellent doctor
Dr Hardi is by far the best GI doctor I have seen, I had the most thorough hand exam of my abdomen ever. The wait time was short, and we spent two hours in the office with Dr Hardi and his staff. He actively listens, asks questions and ponders before speaking. My sister demands the best in doctors, and after my experience with him and his professional but compassionate staff--I would highly recommend Dr Hardi to anyone. I was very impressed with his care and his staff.

February 10th, 2012
Very Helpful, Easy Visit
Dr. Hardi was helpful, thoughtful, and spent a lot of time answering my questions. He was funny (very dry humor) and made the appointment much more pleasant than I expected.

December 6th, 2011
Its obvious that Dr. Hardi's practice has turned into nothing more than a money generator for him. Long gone is the care that he used to practice. Its a factory and the patient might as well be on a conveyor belt. Look elsewhere for quality care.

November 18th, 2011
Caring, professional, thorough
I've been a patient of Dr. Hardi's for many years. He is the most caring, competent, professional, and thorough doctor I have ever seen. I would highly reccomend Dr. Hardi to my family and friends.

April 27th, 2011
Doctor's orders
I am a patient of Dr Hardi since 2004. I am 81 years old, a retired Hungarian-American musician with digestive problems but meager finacial resurces. Nevertheless Dr Hardi orders expensive medical procedures (like colonsoscopies) even medically unnecessary laboratoty tests as PSA bloodtest which is a urologiacal test, or frequent lipid panel profiles (2 within 1 year) both not covered by Medicare.Also DR Hardi uses obscene languange to me in Hungarian being Hungarian born myself.Dr Hardi is "gold digger" money is obviouosly more important then patient well beeing.Exam time 5 minutes, prescribing medicin for a year supply takes + 5 more minutes.My present labiratory responsability as "unnecessary medical procedures" $130-350)

December 14th, 2010
Informative and Caring Physician
I found that Dr. Hardi was both informative and caring. I was able to ask multiple questions about treatments etc. every visit if necessary. I have sent two other friends who have been long term GI sufferers and they both were pleased (one male and one female). I have been to four other GI's (starting in 79 till now). Dr. Hardi is the first one who has seemed to care and provide a decent plan for recovery.

August 23rd, 2010
Does Not Communicate & Does Not Care
Although Dr. Robert Hardi has reasonable credentials, I found that he does not spend enough time with patients (e.g., does not answer questions, explain the medical condition, or provide sufficient information about procedures). Furthermore, when you try to find out information by calling the Metropolitan Gastroenterology Group, they also show a lack of concern for anything but receiving payment & avoiding legal liability. Because of Dr. Robert Hardi's lack of interest/concern, unwillingness to communicate information to patients, & the factory style atmosphere of the Metropolitan Gastroenterology Group, I would NOT recommend Dr. Robert Hardi. I would also like to add that people need to be very cautious when doctors are given very high evaluations from other doctors. Dr. Hardi is listed as one of the top gastroenterologists in 2010 in the Washingtonian magazine. I had a conversation with another doctor I visit (who is also listed as one of the top doctors so it is not a case of sour grapes) & he informed me that the list was basically a popularity contest & doctors vote for themselves & their friends. Since Dr. Hardi has a large practice, I imagine a lot of his votes came from other doctors who are friends or who are current or past colleagues. People also need to be cautious when reviewing evaluations allegedly provided by patients on some sites that provide information about doctors. Some of those evaluations are actually made by patients & are accurate; however, some of those evaluations also appear to be quite suspect. In other words, patients really need to be careful about the doctors they choose because there is a lot of misinformation out there.

August 16th, 2010
R.Latney
Dr. Hardi has been my physician for over 20 years, both as primary care and Gastro. I have the greatest confidence in his medical ability. I would reccommend him without any reservations