Dr. Robert Harf MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

April 22nd, 2016
Has not changed.
I had spinal fusion in1993 and I thought that he was rude and his bedside manner sucked.On one of my follow up visits he had me stand by my X ray and took my picture and said «BOY AM I GOOD».I have had 2 surgeries on my back since then by an excellent doctor and have no complaints aside from getting older.

January 7th, 2015
staff is rude, kurt and condescending. Doctor has a arrogant and pompous attitude.

October 20th, 2014
great doc!
Great doc, super nice, spent lots of time with me and explained everything, he really helped me get better

June 4th, 2013
Never met Dr. Harf, they said he was too busy to show up at my appointment. Only met his assistant. They tried a very hard sell to send me into surgery within the hour saying if didn't do it I would never walk again. Made me wait an extra hour to see if Harf was free. Left and decided next day to cancel operation. They quoted a price of between $16k-$30K for the surgery. They charged me $360 for the visit plus $150 to wait the extra hour in his office! No treatment , no consultation with Harf. Bought aircast myself , 10 weeks later walking fine! From other reviews I would pay $360 to have him NOT touch me !

January 17th, 2013
Good Experience with Dr Harf
I felt that Dr Harf was concerned of my issues and did spend time explaining what was going on as well as treatment options. I did not feel he wanted to jump into a surgical procedure as someone had suggested. I always had pleasant /helpful interaction with staff and was able to get appointments within a week or two. Although 'to the point' I felt Dr Harf DID spend enough time with me and WAS concerned.

November 7th, 2012
NEEDS MORE PATIENCE WITH HIS PATIENTS.
Plain and simple.Dr. Harf is an excellent SURGEON speaking skillwise, but has a rather hasty, quick, uninterested bedside manor.He needs to invest at least TWO MORE MINUTES to listen and talk with his patients. ESPECIALLY after surgery. Those 120 seconds will help. He seems to be in a rush and uninterested or as if the next appointment is more urgent than yours rushing you thru your visit. I've said my peace.

July 24th, 2012
Went the extra mile to see my mom and get her scheduled for a procedure on the eve of his vacation.

May 22nd, 2012
I was referred to Dr. Harf by my primary doctor b/c I fell and have been experiencing pain since. I scheduled an appointment hoping to meet him, NEVER DID. They said he was busy and if it was alright to be seen by his assistant. I said yes as I wanted to find out what was wrong with my back. His assistant was very gracious and efficient. Had my tests done and went back for a reading of the results so I can be told exactly what was wrong. Again, I NEVER SAW DR. HARF, it was his assistant who spoke to me. Maybe people should not be referred to him anymore b/c he does not seem top care for his patients anyway.

April 10th, 2012
Dr.Robert Harf
Dr Robert Harf is an excellent surgeon, but his bed side manner leaves a lot to be desired. His office staff borders on being very rude to just incompetent. When I visited him prior to surgery I was not given any chance to ask question basically I felt he cut me off during the visit and rushed me out of the office. A day or so after my surgery I called Dr.Harfs office because I had some questions regarding my surgery. Dr. Harf never even retuned my call, instead he had one of his assistances call me 48 hours later. I thought having to wait 48 hours for a doctor to call me back after surgery was unacceptable. On top of that he told his assistance to give me pain pills that were not as strong as I had been taking prior to surgery. I would recommend anyone who goes to Dr Harf for surgery to not expect very personal service. If this type of treatment is ok with you than him and his office staff would probably be acceptable but I am use to being treat with the most genuine caring people in my past experiences.

April 9th, 2012
Office staff is very bad.One day after surgery i was vomiting from pain meds that was percribed to me. called drs office all day to talk to the dr. never got a call back. that late after a office staff call me and told me to take that medication for two days and arguared with me to take it . it was clear that i was allergic to it but i was to take it for two days regardless.finelly late that night my husband got the drs. cell phone number and all he had to say was go get ibu over the counter at a drug store. can you amanage that one day after knee surgery an d nothing for the pain i hadto go to the er at midnigth to get help with the pain.the staff dosenot do what the dr tells them to do they do what they want and when they want to.dr change what he wanted phyical therapast to do with and the girl said she wasnot going to change it until my 12 visits were up because thet would have to get a new refural so i took it as screw you i will do what i want and when i want regardless what the dr saids. dr tells them to call in a percraption for me and no that wasnot done and more than once that happen and this is all the same girl. i compland to the office about her and their a lot more about her i didnt say but i let them know they done nothing

July 30th, 2010
He seemed nice enough but he is way too rushed. Answered his cell phone 3 times immediately after coming into the exam room. My appointment took 2 1/2 hours of which maybe 15 minutes was spent with the doctor.

January 28th, 2010
had very successful shoulder surgery