Dr. Robert Hempton MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

June 27th, 2016
complaint
Dr. Hempton did not do my knee replacement but was the follow up doctor at the hospital. The second time he visited me he came in my room ran water over his right hand and did not use any soap. He grabbed a paper towel and blew his nose in it. He wiped his nose with the paper towel wadded it up and through it into the trash can. He went back to the sink rinsed his hand with only water no soap and grabbed another paper towel blew his nose in the paper towel wadded it up and through it into the trash can. On his way over to check my knee he wiped his nose several times on his hand. He said he was there to take the ace bandage off to check for bleeding. He did remove the ace bandages but if he had taken other layers off of my open wound I would have not let him. I was shocked and afraid of infection. The next day before I was released from the hospital he came in to check my wound. He did not wash his hands even with just water. He said what is wrong with you before greeting me. I was determined not to let him put the replacement water proof bandage on my knee. He flipped the bandage and said you know these cost $40. I said the nurse will put it on for me and would not let him touch my knee. I explained about the no soap nose blowing that he had done the day before and that he had not washed his hands today. He told me how badly damaged his hands were with all the soap and couldn't understand why I would be so upset. How can a doctor be so careless about germs??? He came back around 15 minutes later to apologize about not washing his hands but he became more upsetting. I asked him to leave. I received a letter from him several days later stating no one is perfect, certainly not him. He also said we all have flaws that we may be unaware of. We will improve faster if someone will bring these faults to our attentions. I wouldn’t consider this faults but very poor practice.

February 11th, 2016
I had hand surgery with Dr Hempton. I would highly recommend him. He took the time to thoroughly explain what my condition was and what he would do on the day of my surgery. He did not rush like other Doctors and is gentle and caring. I am sad he is no longer at Kaiser because I wanted him to do my next surgery.

December 17th, 2013
I couldn't ask for a better doctor. He was friendly, worked tirelessly to find the best treatment for me, and made me feel comfortable and relaxed for my surgery. Dr. Hempton practically saved my hand! I will definitely see him again when I get the chance. He is one of the best doctors in his field. If you get him, you are extremely lucky!

June 21st, 2012
Barbara Glass
He was easy to talk to, did not rush my appointment. Made sure I understood my condition and treatment/s.Would definately request him as my Orthopaedic Doctor and recomend him to others.

May 11th, 2012
I went with my mom to see this doctor and he was a jerk!!! My mom has been diagnosed with R.S.D. and has been in complete agony for 7 months now. Because of the R.S.D. she can not move her hand or her shoulder. At one point in the visit Dr. Hempton told my mom that there was either a problem with her hand, or the problem was in her head. He proceeded to tell us how people often hurt themselves for attention. He then went on to complain about how it was 2:00pm and he had not even eaten lunch, and that he probably would not even be off until 6:00pm. Throughout the visit he touched her hand once. Not a through evaluation!